main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Defenders of the A&P Love Story Reloaded (Part 3)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by DarthBreezy, Oct 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ana_Labris

Ana_Labris Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    Power corrupts, Strilo. A friendly reminder.

Anyways, I'm sorry it's so silent here, but I was listening to the ROTS Soundtrack again a few days ago, Track 4, Padme's Ruminations, really got me. It was on my mp3 player on the bus because my CD and DVD were at home (some 400km away) and I almost cried. Actually, I think I did, but managed to hide it well enough. Beautiful music. Also Anakin's Dark Deeds and the one where Anakin and Obi-Wan fight - I got very emotional. I think it's because of the headphones? Doesn't matter.

Have a happy new year, everyone.

2. jedi-ES

jedi-ES Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    Hello Everyone.

I hope that everyone had a Merry Christmas and are looking forward to the New Year. Lets all hope that 2006 improves on 2005 (even if you had a good 2005).

Glad to see all the mods around here again. It's always a welcome sight. :rolleyes: o_O

I think that all here would agree about that track on the soundtrack (though I have consistently argued against the title -- sufficiently, I believe). But still, incredibly moving.

Roland

Anakin is the worst thing to ever happen to Padme. Once she falls for him and agrees to live a lie she rejects everything that she stands for.

You could say the same thing about Padme toward Anakin. Without that relationship, Anakin's temptation would have proved impotent and Palpatine would have fallen during ROTS. These things are the essence of tragedy. It's not that they were wrong for each other, but that a flaw within Anakin allowed him to make the decision he made...to save the one he loves.

From a certain POV, you could say that Anakin sacrificed himself for Padme. He knew the dark side and had heard the warnings from the other Jedi. Yet, he chose the dark side anyway because (in his mind) it was the only way that he could save Padme. He corrupted his Soul for her.

Also, and I mentioned this awhile ago, Padme doesn't give up everything she stands for. When Anakin offers her the galaxy to shape as she sees fit, she rejects it. Her political naivete in that moment and her inability to see Anakin's offer as a means to an end (and, by the way, standing by her faith and loyalty to democracy in the process) is why Anakin then turned on her -- after she turned on him (in his mind).

3. SakuraTsukikage

SakuraTsukikage Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2005
    I would have to agree that Anakin and Padme ended up being bad for each other--not that there was anything inherently wrong with them or their love, but that in the situations they were forced into it ended up destroying both of them. Certainly not entirely their fault, but they were not entirely innocent of all blame in the matter, either. However, the story has great pathos and appeal because they did nothing more than what everyone wants to do--live in love, and follow your emotions. Their love was a pure and beautiful thing despite it's tragedy, or perhaps because of it. I also agree that it did not destroy Padme's beliefs, as she shows on Mustafar. Unfortunately, by that point, no matter what she believed, she was, in reality, powerless, and thus the tragedy of her character.

Hmmmm. I'm not sure how much sense all that made, but I guess I'll let you guys decide if it hung together or not.

And Dawn--you want some hugs? Here are some from me, anyway . . . [:D] [:D] [:D]

4. Arriss

Arriss Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2002

Yeah, whatever. :rolleyes: ;)

Have a Happy New Year everyone. [face_dancing]

5. qingauk

qingauk Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL MY FRIENDS ON THE DEFENDERS [:D]
    LET'S HOPE 2006 WILL BRING US JOY AND CONTINUED STRENGTH IN DEFENDING the love of Anakin and Padme. For, while they may not have been the happiest couple for their entire marriage, their love did produce the daughter and son who helped bring Anakin back from hell and save the galaxy!!![face_dancing]

Wishing you all a 2006 that has good health and happiness.
    Terry [:D]

This was truly a SW Christmas.. Art got me the Anakin ROTS light saber and that was not even on my list. My SW tree ornament collection increased by a few and my mother made the pillows of Yoda and DV fabric! Most women my age are into diamond tennis bracelets but those are not as much fun as a light saber to take to the Costume events so Barris has a cool light saber!! MTFBWY

6. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002
    I wish there was something for me to be happy about. Let's see a girl I really like does not like me at all. As it turns out she never really did. Oh and I lost my job. Sure I still have something to fall back on. But I have a car payment, and cell phone payment and there are not a whole heck of a lot of jobs out there right know. Worst week of my life.

7. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Danny [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D]

It'll get better hon. At least you have a job to fall back on.

Happy New Year Defenders!

8. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002
    If I can find one. I just don't no were there will be one. I still can't believe I lost my job. :( And all because of a girl. People tell me to tell them how I feel so I do. Then I lose my job over it and I'm told not to tell how I feel.

So I give up when I'm I supposed to tell people how I feel and what I feel? I wish there was some rule book that would tell people all the rules. Becasue it is just dumb really dumb right know and I don't know what to do.

9. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Danny, don't give up!!! [:D]

Anakin is the worst thing to ever happen to Padme. Once she falls for him and agrees to live a lie she rejects everything that she stands for.

I disagree. The Jedi are the worst thing to happen to Anakin. Once he's taken away from his mother and forced to live up to their rather flawed ideals, he rejects everything HE stands for.

I don't come here as a mod, I'm a defender.[face_love]

Happy New Years, all!!! [:D]:* Here's to a great 2006!!! [image=http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d172/rplatan/wedding.jpg]

New topic, I say!!! [face_dancing]

10. SakuraTsukikage

SakuraTsukikage Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2005
    Yes, I agree. The Jedi, the way they were in the PT, were the worst thing that ever happened to Anakin

What sort of new topic did you have in mind?

11. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002
    I have to agree there about the Jedi. They to me are to far gone and out of touch with someone like Anakin.

12. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Disputing moderator decisions in threads is a bad idea. If you have an issue with a mod decision, you need to address it in PM. A friendly reminder.

13. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    Dan, sorry to hear things are rough. Hang in there, these times are an unfortunate but necessary part of life. There are better times ahead if you are determined to find them.

14. qingauk

Jul 12, 2002
    Danny, I am sorry to hear of all the crap flying your way. There will be another job out there for you so keep trying. It is hard to know when to open up and when not to and many of us do it at the wrong time and pay for it. You are not alone.

15. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002
    I just wish it had not cost me my job. Oh well I'm out looking for a job and trying to do a few other things just so I won't be at home the whole time.

16. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    Double ouch!

So, where has everyone gone? Come on, let's get some AP talk going! OK, here's a topic, ten reasons this romance is the best one in cinema history...

17. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Well I am very very sick :_| Going to miss a week of work and go to the doctor sick so my brain is [face_pumpkin]

But I can tell you that the first kiss is one of my favorite scenes in the entire saga.

Across the Stars is one of the most beautiful scores - to me it's actually up there with the Force theme, and though NOTHING will ever touch the "Binary sunset" (Luke 20 years 'later') 'Padme's ruminations' (Anakin/Padme 'looking' across the city) is the closest the PT comes to mind.

Anakin finding out he's going to be a father...:_|:_|

The love story gives depth to Vader and the entire saga... and turned our perceptions of SW on it's head...

18. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    Nothing serious, I hope?

19. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002
    Him only ten reasons. Well I think others might be better at it. But for me it would be

1. The way they are willing to risk everything to be with each other.
    2. The fact that it is there love that in the end saves the galaxy. I mean there love well taking Anakin to the Dark side also brought him back. That love being there son.
    3. The fact that Anakin was very happy to know that he was going to be a father.
    4. He did not think it was something to be ashemd of. Really he was not ashmed and did not fear that he was going to be a father. He was happy about the news. I always liked that part.

There are many more but I can't think of them all.

20. darth_frared

darth_frared Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 24, 2005
    my first post in this thread:

#1 reason: the way they both make a commitment and aren't half-arsed about it. it actually means the world to them. which is really rare.

21. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    *sigh* I have a bacterial infection of the sinuses so I'm on horse pills and toast...:(

22. An4kin

An4kin Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2004
    Well, I for one happen to love stories where a couple needs to keep their love a secret. I actually just finished reading The Dark Tower IV (literally just hours ago) and it has a similar relationship where Roland had to secretly love another. Throughout the book I kept being reminded of Anakin and Padme just by the way Stephen King described they way the looked at one another and felt about one another. The way Anakin and Padme just look at one another does the trick for me and is my number 1 reason that their romance is the best one in cinema history.

P.S. It's good to see a lot of you are still active on the boards here. I don't know how many of you will even remember me, as I only posted on this thread for a short time, but it's good to see familiar faces...err...names.

23. Arriss

Arriss Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2002
    Hang in there, Danny. Something will come your way. Good luck. :)

Quit getting sick, DB. [:D] I hope you feel better soon, darlin'. [face_love]

Here's a little something I did last night. [image=http://arriss.skywalkerjourney.com/photogallery/photo26003/Padme_collage.jpg] It's 1280x1024 so it's pretty big.

24. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002
    I love the pic you did some great work there. :)

25. qingauk

Jul 12, 2002
    my favorite parts:
    1. when he asks if she is an angel
    2. when she tells him she does not need the snipet to remember him by
    3. when he is so protective of her
    4. when he is so nervous because he has not seen her in ten years
    5. when she kisses him for the first time
    6. when they are in the arena and she admits to using agressive negotiations
    7. when she admits she loves him and has been dying a bit each day since he came back into her life.
    8. the wedding...because they are taking such a risk in their committment to each other.
    9. when he finds out he will be a father.. it is the happiest day of his life
    10. when they are on the balcony professing their love and him saying she is so beautiful and they tease each other about blind love..

there are more but you asked for ten :)

so many little moments that are built into the story to show the love they have even before she admits it and he confesses it. He is so absorbed by her and it when he is on his knees in front of Palpatine pleading that he can't live without her it just tears the heart out. Then she dies because she can't live without him and knows she has lost him.. enough.. tears in my eyes..:_|

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.