main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA Did You Know?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by FaLLeN-AnGeL, Nov 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Nat

Jedi_Nat Jedi Master star 5

Nov 28, 2000
    Adds "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" to wish list.

2. Darth_Holden

Darth_Holden Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2005
    Talking about Queen's album "A Night at the Opera", I have the DVD Audio release of it. Very very cool. Not sure if you can buy it in Australia, as I bought mine off a Canadian website. I also have "The Game" album on DVD Audio.

Does anyone else here have any DVD Audio discs or SACDs?

3. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Only one that came with my soundcard. And that's got all jazz on it. Not exactly my style. :p

4. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    Cotemplates stealing Darth_Holden's Queen DVD audios....

Clone Wars II comes out soon too, doesn't it?

5. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    7th of December for Clone Wars 2 apparently.

6. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    Can I ask how much Fraggle Rock cost you Nat ?

7. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    Amazon.com has season 1 for US$33.99

That makes it A$46.20 without delivery. I would find my paperwork, but I had four box sets in my order.

8. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    Thanks Nat

I'd seen it for as much as $65 on ebay not including postage, thought it was a little high.

Might order it from amazon then, or see if Empire in the city have it/can get it.

9. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Just got Susie a stocking filler - entire Season 1 of the Muppets on DVD. Saw it on my way through the checkout at coles and had to get it since she loves the muppets. I quite like them as well.

10. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    We've been watching one episode of the muppets each evening prior to dinner.

11. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    Muppets was one of my five (that one shipped early) boxsets from Amazon.com. I couldn't wait for it to be released in Oz! [face_blush]

12. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE

JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2005
    Nat, you should go into Empire and buy the Fraggle Rock and other stuff. It would be a lot cheaper than paying all that postage since they bulk order.

plus its cool in there!

13. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    What is this "Empire" everyone keeps talking about?

14. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Empire Memorabilia. They sell all sorts of collectibles (action figures, lunch boxes, posters, books, DVDs, swords) and if they don't have it, they generally order it in for you. Sometimes they are still a little expensive, but if you can't find it anywhere else they'll generally have a go.

15. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    Man I wish I hadn't found that link for you. Now I've gone through half their stuff and I want pretty much everything they have. Damn no money and people having already bought my chrissie presents. :(

16. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Ain't online shops a pain for that? :p

17. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    I found little that interested me on the empire website, but I'll still be making a trip there when I get to Perth.

18. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    For some reason they never seem to list the other stuff that they sell (like the DVDs and stuff) but I'm a sucker for all things Tim Burton, Roman Dirge, Emily Strange... and half the other stuff they have listed there. I also love the LotR helms and stuff, they rock.

19. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Empire = swords. Lots and lots of swords. And moderately well-balanced, too, unlike Millennium just up the road...

I was in there one Sunday ago--they have Twinkle and Icingdeath! Who's the cool guy who came up with the idea of reproducing Drizzt Do'Urden's swords??? :D :D :D

20. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    Nah, doesn't interest me. Not only am I on a diet, I'm on a budget. So that means no more DVDs for a while (except maybe Clone Wars II).

21. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    I was mainly interested in the swords and DVD's, which they didn't have up on the site.

I quite like some of the helms, don't think I would actually buy one though.

I should have bought a sword in May when the missus gave me the green light, she's not so keen on the idea now. Something about saving for a wedding or something.

22. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    So you say that the sword is for the wedding, duh! :p

23. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    You will need something to cut the cake!

24. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    I'm not sure she'd go for it.

25. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    Does anyone know anything about this SW box set? I've seen it in 2 or 3 of the junk mail catalogues, but none of them seem to go into details. Is it the original OT, or the remastered OT, or the new extra special OT or what?

The JB site (linked) says that "All films have been digitally restored frame-by-frame by the pre-eminent digital restoration studio, Lowry Digitial, and THXDigitally Re-Mastered for superior sound and picture quality." Is that with or without the extra scenes (you know, the walking over Jabba's tail and Greedo shooting first)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.