main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Disney Store May the 4th Exclusives

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Apr 22, 2014.

1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
  2. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Apparently the first reports were wrong - the figures are 12" scale, not 18".

3. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    That would be more to collectors liking. Only thing I would want is 3.75". Wonder if that was on the list? I will probably swing by and pick up some free stuff

4. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Well not all collectors. Sideshow does very well w/ their 1/4 scale (18") Premium format figures. Making a line that was actually affordable unlike the $350+ pricetag that Sideshow sticks on their figures would be nice.

There aren't any new 3.75" figures. They do have some figurine sets for $12.95 ish that I think are probably 3" or so in height. That's about as close as they got though.

5. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Ok so here's a run down of everything w/ photos. Pics are from Yakface on FB: https://www.facebook.com/yakfacecom?fref=photo

12" scale figures. They are going to release the Stormtrooper on May 4th then a new one of the next 3 every week after that (Vader, Luke, Han.) Chewie and Boba Fett are still in prototype stage but will be coming next. I'm assuming these are by Hasbro, usually the Disney Store doesn't put the manufacturer's name on the items but they're dead ringers for being super sized versions of the 6" figures. It does look like the weapons may be attached at the hand ala the soap bottle cheapo 12" scale figures that they released last year.

Talking Star Wars Action Figures
    SRP: $29.95 each
    Retailers: Disney Store and DisneyStore.com
    Available: Starting May 4, 2014

• 15+ phrases
    • Lights and sounds
    • Activation buttons on right upper arm and chest/chest pack
    • Fully articulated
    • Light up blaster (Han Solo, Stormtrooper)
    • Removable helmet (Luke Skywalker)

In person photos:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Production photos:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Prototypes:

13"

[​IMG]

I can't remember where I saw the photo but I think Chewie's the tallest at around 15".

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Assorted Star Wars Plush
    Retailers: Disney Store and DisneyStore.com, mass retail
    Available: Now

Jawa Plush – Mini – 11” ($9.95)
    Ready to collect hugs and help you sell your old droids, this little desert dweller comes cloaked in mystery and a lightweight brown robe accented by a couple of bandoliers. As the Jawas say, ”Utinni!”
    R2-D2 Plush – Mini – 8” ($9.95)
    Devoted droid Artoo is a stand-up ‘bot with a soft spot for hugs. This bright and shiny mini bean bag plush with rotating head is the perfect company for the discerning Jedi, at work rest or play!
    Chewbacca Plush – Medium – 19” ($19.95)
    When Imperial troops board your ship and Greedo is getting you down, there’s no better way to relax than curling up with cuddly co-pilot Chewbacca. This plush Wookiee’s satchel lets Chewie tote small essentials on any mission.
    Bantha Plush – Medium – 11” ($19.95)
    Besides being a righteous ride for a Tusken Raider and cheap burger meat for the local cantina, Banthas can make cuddly pals and playmates for Star Wars fans of any age! This cutie comes equipped with a saddle and a smile!

There's also a Taun Taun that I'm assuming will be priced same as the Bantha. Production photos for viewing here: http://yakfaceforums.com/main/2014/04/22/new-disney-store-products/

In person photos.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Character figure sets - will sell for $12.99 each - no idea on how big they are. I'm assuming they're between 2-4".

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Die Cast Vehicles - Prototypes

[​IMG]

Mugs: Price point will be $14.99 each

[​IMG]

whostheBossk likes this.
  7. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    I bet one of the 15 phrases the talking figures say is "Corporate Synergy!" :p.

Nice work, PLJ! There used to be a Disney store in every mall in my area, but they all pulled up stakes years ago. I see that they have one in Lexington, so no doubt I'll end up getting some of this stuff for Christmas from my Brother and Sister-in-law. I like those mugs (even though I don't drink coffee) and I want that plush Taun Taun!

8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    No love for international Disney stores, I guess. I think my nearest is in London.

9. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    Awesome, will probably pick up the Luke mug and a couple of the mini figure sets. Though being among the first at the NYC Disney Store is likely an impossibility.

10. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Ohboyohboyohboyohboy they finally made Lumpy's plush Bantha! AAAAAAAAAAA I want it! >O<

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  11. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I'm not 100% sure that they're only going to be at US stores - they just said "Disney Stores" - so they might be overseas as well.

LOL I didn't even think of that. Then again, I'd forgotten that THAT scene in THS caused me great stress and made me yell "NOOOOooooooo!" when I saw that as a kid, until I rewatched it again a few years back. LOL!

12. DarthWilliams

May 29, 2008
    Of note: I see nothing from the PT, which probably speaks volumes about what Disney is looking to do with the new films and franchise overall.

13. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Yeah there's been rumors going around that Disney told all of the toy manufacturers, etc to focus only on OT stuff in order to get people ready for Ep VII. Totally sucks BTW.

Darkslayer and whostheBossk like this.
  14. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'm not that upset about that - only PT stuff I really collected was Jango/Zam-related. The other odd figures I have were bought because I liked them.

15. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Yeah, I was sorta expecting this. To be fair, there's been a pretty heavy PT focus the last five years or so with the Clone Wars series and the TPM 3D release, but still, for PT fans, it stinks that they won't be able to get any of the nifty new swag of their favorite characters or whatnot for a while.

Darkslayer and PadmeLeiaJaina like this.
  16. Smile_youS.O.B

Smile_youS.O.B Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2014
    I really want the Stormtrooper. Based on the photos it looks better than the Sideshow one from a number of years ago.

17. Antlers

Antlers Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 30, 2012
    Eh. I wish I could like this stuff...but I'm not impressed! :(

18. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Yeah, it's a little underwhelming, but I get the sense this is more of a gateway line aimed at casual fans. The price points are pretty low, which should encourage impulse buys.

These are the types of things I'll likely get for Christmas from friends and family who are at the mall on the 24th going "Well, I know he likes Star Wars..."

19. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I'm actually very excited to see some nice looking stuff that's not overly expensive, Disney/LFL has GOT to start offering more and more stuff that won't break collector's wallets. I mean I love Sideshow but $150 is now "cheap" for one of their figures - Woof! I've only got Hoth Han on pre-order because I had a nice fat credit that I was able to apply to it.

I think the 12" figures look nice for what they are. Although I'm still dying for the return of a more Hasbro-era-type 12" line, these are world's better than the soap bottles that came out last year.

I like the mugs - they're unique. I'd like the Luke and 3PO ones. I really do want that big furry Bantha...

20. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I agree. The high end stuff is great, but the prices are starting to put it out of reach. The 6" Black Series is a good example of a middle ground collectible that caters to collectors without bleeding them dry. Offering affordable collectibles is a sound business model as well, because today's kids are tomorrow's collectors.

I do like the mugs and the plush. They're well made, not expensive and should appeal to a wide variety of people; adults with the mugs, and everyone likes a cute plush. I also think that the die-cast line will be nice (those are unpainted prototypes it looks like). They're another example of a middle ground collectible that will display nicely, but won't cost and arm and a leg.

21. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Disney Store on Facebook (UK version) announced a new Vader Statue:

In celebration of The Walt Disney Company and Lucas Film collaboration, we are proud to announce the upcoming release of our Limited Edition Darth Vader figurine!
    Created for Disney Store, there will be a global edition of 500 with 150 in Europe available online from 6th May.
    Ready for battle with his lightsaber drawn, his mask, outfit and flowing cloak are realised in exceptional detail. The figures are priced at £195 each and due to the limited quantities will be limited to one per guest, two per household.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also - they released a link where you could order the 12" figures in the UK on their site!

22. DarthWilliams

May 29, 2008
    That statue's nice - UK only?

23. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Nice to see some UK love but I'll pass at that price. If it was a Fett I'd really consider it..

24. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Yeah, that's a little rich for my blood, but reasonable considering the small production numbers. They won't have much trouble moving this one.

25. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    I'll be there for the free pins and take it all in (a feeling I've not felt since....) 2005