main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson do we want to do a toys for tots drive.. I have been contacted by them

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by cathiecat, Nov 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    Alright then, let's look at TFT-possible weekend days:

Since today is Saturday the 3rd, and we haven't got this idea "jelled" yet, then the 4th (tomorrow) is a no-go.

Next weekend, the 10th and 11th: The 10th is the date for our Christmas party, so that day is pretty much impractical. The 11th is a possibility, but that only gives us seven days to arrange things with the Marines. I don't have the answer, so I'm asking; is that enough time to do this fund-raising/toy-raising gig properly?

That brings us to the final weekend, the 17th and 18th. This gives us another week to prepare for the event (If we need it. See last question.) This will also be the busiest weekend at the stores, as it is the LAST weekend before Christmas. It is going to be mob scenes and hectic. Then again, we would WANT mobs of people around for the toy drive to be successful.

So it appears that the only three practical dates for our TFT drive are the 11th (Sunday), and the 17th and 18th (Saturday and Sunday). I can be available for any of these dates.

If we decide NOT to do the drive this year, we should still make contact with the Marines and keep in touch so we CAN do this next year.

Anyway, them's my thoughts on the issue...

2. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    Don't ask Mugen for my head measurement as he would tell you that I have a "fat head".

Just because I wouldn't rip off my ears and nose so I could try on his "silly" helmet.(HA HA)

Seriously, the helmet looks great.

3. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Ok who REALLY wants to do a drive? Or, do we just want to make a large dontation somewhere on behalf of the TFF? I hae about 50 figures I dont want I could bring from the episode 1 and 2 era, and if we all pitch in a couple we could have a good amount. Im thinking since we are al busy, we just get a large amount of figures, put them in a box clearly labeled as from the TFF and drop in on a radio remote somewhere like stuff the bus. Ill even go in costume and catch em off gaurd. Looking at the radio station wesights, they are usless for findind which remotes they are planning, so maybe Cathie (being our sepctacular spokemuoth) could contact them to see where they are going to be lext?

4. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    Um, you all didn't answer my PMs. I was going to make Santa hats to fit your costumes.

DSJ, I want to do something. I'm just not in phsycial condition to be helpful right now. :(

5. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    DLJ, I apologise for not answering your PM to me.

(Really Lame Excuse #215)I do not normally look to see if I have a PM waiting for me since I have a disorder that causes me to view any PM to me as a physical attack on my right to exist on this temporal plane. A lot of my shrinks used to say that it was all in my mind and I shouldn't be so hyperparanoid about what others say about me, but those people are all dead now, I made sure abo...

I digress. The circumference around the top of my mask is about 30 inches. Remember what they used to say back in my "drug-crazed hippie days", "Don't trust anybody over 30, man!".

6. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    very well summed up Jack.. and I am still checking with wal marts.. and guess with the weekend I did not have much luck with TRU.. but will check again tomorrow.. unfortunately ya'll..my days of car hopping place to place to ask things in person.. well.. you know.. once I get the money to renew the tags on my car I can still use it.. but for now.. I just don't have the money to do it.. so I have to do all this stuff by phone.. and calling and asking just does not guarantee me a session with someone.. most of the time they say .. okay.. they will call you back.. and I am still left hanging.. but I have not given up yet. I will also do my best to find where any of the other drives are being held.. goodness knows I saw the boxes at wal mart last night and this morning.. I went in to work with Jake and managed a quick stop at the wal mart on that end of town.. and I did ask.. but at 8am this morning the GM was in a meeting... if that sounds familiar.. this was over at kolb and speedway. I'll keep ya'll posted.

7. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    Jack, I feel your pain. ;)

8. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    sorry.. I did not see you reply on this one till just now.. I saw stuff about santa hats.. but missed all the rest.. bad on me.. as for radio..still not getting real far.. no one seems to be doing anything this sunday or next weekend.. but I am still calling around. I just think I would be having more luck with my car.. I promise to get this taken care of early in the new year so it does not continue to hamper my working on the fundraising spots for us.. I really feel my car is the reason I have not been successful in finding us a place.. like I said.. calling is not the same as dropping in.

as for donations.. I wish I could.. Jake and I are stuggling as it is.. we are not even buying the kids christmas until feb as we can't afford it right now.. we even spent my christmas gift money (from my aunt) for a plane ticket in feb on bills this month.. so.. I gotta skip on the donations.. first time so far I have had to do that.. one of the reasons I so love doing the fundraisers is I feel better since I can't give any more than I do.. though Jake and I make a point of hanging on to change so we always have something to put in the salvation army pot when going in and out of the stores.

9. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    toys for tots locations

cox posted this list this morning on their site.. just in case anyone has any unopened toys they do want to donate.. all these places are taking toys.

10. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    just "upping this" so we don't forget

11. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Any update on the toy drive?

12. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    let's talk about this at the next meeting, and I will make it a definite to speak with the point person for the TFT's program before then and let you know what they say.

13. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    just bringing this up again, don't know if we forgot about it.

14. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I know I havn't forgotten.. just can't seem to stay well long enough to get it accomplished.. I will put this on my immediate attention list though.. I promise to make the phone calls in regards to this event within the next week to get the ball rolling on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.