main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Do you think there will be a release of All-6 films in China in 2007

Discussion in 'Archive: China' started by CatherineSkywalker, Oct 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CatherineSkywalker

CatherineSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2004
    Since OT hasn't been released officially in China, will there be a 30th annyversary special? For example, all six films several days including ANH, ESB & ROTJ?

2. Amaya_Unduli

Amaya_Unduli Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2005
    What?!?:eek: You poor people! Did you just buy the videos and DVDs?

I hope that they do release all six, and I hope I'll be there when they do!

3. CatherineSkywalker

CatherineSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2004
    ANH and ESB novels Chinese version published in 1980. In 1984 there was a show in several large cities called "American Movie Week" or something like this, and people watched Star Wars for the first time, and some of them became fans. But I don't think there was a release in 1977,1980 and 1983. Around mid-1990s Vedio CD got popular here, and we got this VCD version of OT, I think most people knew OT or watch it on and on this period of time. Many fans here watch SW on TV for the first time, only few of them had ever went to theaters to see it.(Well, that is for Mainland, not including Hongkong or Taiwan District, in the old days they have so many differences.)

Now it's much better, we even have a premiere, on May 20th. In 1999, EP1 was released in Nov. and in 2002 AOTC was in July, now we finally got it the same time as other fans around the world.

DVD is great and I own the OT boxset, just waiting for PT. I first watched OT on my computer, and I think many fans here today got their knowledge of SW through download or borrowed/pirated disc. I'm doing as much as I can to buy SW stuff legally but it's not quite easy to find, and as a student I don't have so much money.:( Some fans in Beijing and Guangzhou have collection of toys and models and some fans love games, I'm not quite sure. I like the soundtrack and have several CDs. ROTS novel hasn't been published here yet, quite frustrated, but Ive got The Art of ROTS, the painting is awesome!

I hope so[face_praying]

4. Skywalker1984

Skywalker1984 Jedi Youngling

Jul 7, 2005
    I will always be waiting for that day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.