main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Doctor Who Discussion (Russell T. Davies returns)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth Guy, Jan 3, 2013.

1. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Which is fine, but I don't quote understand why you persist in watching and discussing a show you hate so much.

2. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I assume he watches it in the hope it will get better again (I do that with some shows I once liked that went downhill).

3. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Yeah, I can understand that, I'm that way with my soaps (and some were cancelled just as they were getting better *shoots deathglares at ABC*) and I was that way with Star Trek with Voyager and Enterprise. (Enterprise was getting good in the final season, and then Berman torpedoed it by crapping all over that finale).

Anyway, I got bored, looked through YouTube and found this:

4. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    A heads-up for UK fans - Forbidden Planet will be celebrating the doctors this year. January is First Doctor month. You can see their offerings here.

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  6. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I had plans to schedule an in-store at the Dublin shop, but I will now plan to revolve my next trip home around Tom Baker month. Hopefully, they have K9 Awareness Week in there, somewhere...

7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    If you want to keep up on the news you can sign up for their newsletter here. There are options to tailor the newsletter for just Doctor Who and Star Wars items. That's how I found out about this event.

8. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    A mini - Q & A with The (fifth) Doctor's Daughter A.K.A Mrs. David Tennant:

soitscometothis and solojones like this.
  9. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    That kid's favorite Doctor became his adoptive father. Luckiest kid ever.

PCCViking, Rew and Juliet316 like this.
  10. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  11. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Matt Smith's American accent is like a 1920s Brooklyn accent. But hey, I guess that counts. [face_laugh]

12. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Do you mean in A Town Called Mercy? I'm trying to recall where else I'd have heard it.

13. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    No in this video Juliet posted:

14. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Hahaha, Arthur's the best but still bad. Matt is apparently a 30s gangster. And I'm not sure Karen has ever heard what an American sounds like.

PCCViking likes this.
  15. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Yeah, the gangster comment in regard's to Matt's American accent are all over the comments at the YouTube video page.,

Personally, I nearly died laughing when they got to the Sarah Palin tweet.

16. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Ah bless Karen. She's constantly on the verge of hysterics! :cool:

17. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    If I hung out with those two I probably would be as well

You received this Ninja message from Tapatalk

18. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    So I bought The Snowmen on iTunes HD not long after it was broadcast here in Australia and today I got this email:

So I don't quite get it, is this saying it shouldn't have been available to begin with? I had a brief look and it seems that they have removed the episode from the iTunes store.

19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    That's strange. Maybe it's all apart of the "Doctor being forgotten' plotline.

20. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    Just checked, it is still available in the UK and USA iTunes store...

21. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Things found via YouTube:

Why, again didn't we ever get a 8th Doctor TV series? Oh yeah, because BBC was stupid enough to team with FOX, the place where most good sci-fi goes to die.

22. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I haven't heard how he's portrayed in the audio dramas, but at least from the film, it's always struck me that McGann's incarnation of the Doctor is incredibly earnest. It makes me really, really wonder how they'd envision the 8th Doctor dealing with (presumably) being the incarnation that has to kill the Daleks and Time Lords.

That earnestness is evident in this audition... but what's also evidence is the utter rubbish they (thankfully) didn't explore any more about him being half human :rolleyes:

23. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    He needs to appear in the Anniversary. He needs to. Even more than David Tennant, I'd say. Having Ten in the Anniversary would be plain cool, and I'm hoping he'll be there, too, but there is a huge debt towards Eight that simply needs to be paid - even if it's just a one-off special for the 50th Anniversary. As much as the TV movie sucked, Paul McGann deserves to have his place in the TV show.

Random Comments likes this.
  24. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Eight is, I think, the most vital Doctor to include in the Anniversary just plotwise, at least if they want to do anything at all with the Time War, the Time Lords, the Daleks... And yeah Paul McGann should be in there.

But actor-wise, I still think Tennant is the one who most deserves to and needs to be in it. He re-defined the whole show for the modern era, really. And since he still keeps topping most polls of favorite Doctors, and he's such a huge damn DW nerd, I'd say the chances of him not being in it are literally zero. I'm just hoping for him to be in it in a substantial capacity.

25. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Oh yeah, so do I... But if I had to choose only one Doctor other than Eleven to appear in the Anniversary, I would choose McGann (even though I like Tennant more), simply because he never had the chance to be in the TV show like Tennant did. Of course, I'm hoping for both of them appearing. :)