main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Doctor Who] Doctor Who and the Time Gangsters (2nd Doctor, Jamie, Zoe) - Complete!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi, Jul 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi

Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2005
    Title: Doctor Who and the Time Gangsters
    Doctor: Second
    Companions: Jamie, Zoe
    Episodes: Two
    Summary: The Doctor faces a time-traveling criminal organization.
    Originally Posted: August 31, 1997

Episode One

"Ach," Jamie moaned, "why do you need so many new clothes anyway? The TARDIS wardrobes can supply more than you'd ever need."

Zoe shook her head and smiled condescendingly. "Shopping, at least on Rodeo Drive, isn't about buying clothes. It's about being able to buy clothes."

Jamie tried to shift the bags in his arms so he could face forward but failed. "It seems to be about seeing if I am able to carry all the clothes you buy," he complained.

Zoe giggled. "You're doing splendidly. Besides, I just want to try this last store, then we can head back to the TARDIS." She led the way into the boutique, then left Jamie near the door and went straight to one of the attendants.

She was just being offered a seat when someone burst in the door, knocking Jamie aside and causing him to lose his packages. The highlander stood up and turned to confront the newcomer, when he saw the man's weapon and paused.

"All right, see, you're due for your insurance payment, see," the intruder said in a nasally voice. He was wearing a dark suit with white pinstripes, and his fedora was tilted to the side.

"Oh, no," the attendant helping Zoe said with no trace of fear but inhuman levels of sarcasm. "It's Jimmy Cagney."

"That's Edward G. Robinson," another employee corrected.

"Whatever." At that moment, she vanished in a flash of light.

"I've never seen a Tommy gun do that," the second attendant said. She sighed. "How much money do you want?"

"Whatever's in the cash register will be fine, plus what you all have on you." He waved the gun to cover Jamie and motion him closer to the women.

"Sorry," Zoe told him, "we're shopping by credit card." Jamie shrugged.

It took the woman less than a minute to gather the currency from the till and hand it to the man. "It's not much, but this is the 90's, and, well..." She gestured toward the credit card Zoe still held.

The gangster counted the bills. "It'll do for now, see, but next month, you better have at least twice this." He spun around and left.

"Wait here," Jamie ordered before following.

The woman rolled her eyes and sat down next to Zoe. "You seem awfully calm for someone who's just been robbed," the girl commented. "Does this happen a lot?"

"I can safely say this is the first time I've been robbed by a B-movie reject with a phaser. But, you know, it is L.A." She looked at the burned carpet where her colleague had stood. "I think I'm going to move back to San Francisco. It's just as weird, but in a so-much-nicer way. I'd better call the manager." She stood up and went into the back room.

A minute later, Jamie returned. "He got away," the lad admitted. "He ran into an alley, and I lost him."

"We'd better find the Doctor," Zoe said. "He'll want to know about this."

They found the Doctor in the console room playing his recorder. "Hello there. Jamie, Zoe, I've been learning a new tune. It's called 'Twist and Shout.' Did the card work okay? I normally abhor money, but L.A. is not a cheap place to stay."

"Doctor, will you please be quiet for a moment?" Jamie asked. "We just saw something terrible." Quickly, he and Zoe described what happened.

"That is terrible. And quite odd, you're right there, too. Now perhaps you two had better show me where this alley is."

"Here it is."

The Doctor pulled a small device from his pocket and waved it about him as he entered the alley. It began to emit a strong pulse, which became even stronger near the centre of a clear space. "My surmise was right. There's a definite temporal trace here. If we hurry back to the TARDIS, we might be able to follow it."

"But Doctor, you canna steer the TARDIS," Jamie objected.

"Under normal circumstances, no, but this isn't a matter of aiming at a destination, simply jumping into the wake of another trace and allowin

2. Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi

Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2005
    Episode 2

Jamie eased his way through the front door and silently approached the criminal. He was five yards away when a native saw him and gasped. The gangster spun around, saw Jamie, and fired.

Jamie fell flat to the ground, and the beam flew over him and destroyed a chair.

"What are you doing here?" the gangster asked.

"I'm a cop," Jamie lied. "I've come to take you in."

"Are you alone, or are there more outside?"

"I'm alone."

"I don't believe you. Stand up. I'm going to need a hostage; it might as well be you." He grabbed the bags of gold from the teller and motioned with his gun for Jamie to walk ahead of him. At the doorway, he peered left and right, but saw only potted plants. It wasn't until Jamie and the gangster were both several feet from the building that the Doctor crawled out from his hiding spot and crouched behind the hood. Then Jamie kicked backward, catching the crook in the chest and sending him sprawling back over the Doctor and through the doors of the bank.

The Doctor stood up, and he and Jamie stepped back inside, but the gangster was unconscious. His gun had slipped from his hand and was being held by a native.

"I'd be very careful with that if I were you," the Doctor warned. Jamie grabbed the bags of gold and threw them toward the teller. "Now let's see how our friend here travels through time," the Doctor said. He searched the man's suit and found a small, black cube. "Bingo. Let's go."

Outside, they saw Zoe still crouched behind a plant, her eyes wide. "Come along, Zoe," the Doctor said. She didn't move. "Zoe? What's the matter?"

"I... I... I saw..." Her voice quivered.

"Saw what? Calm down and speak slowly."

"I... I saw... when Jamie kicked the man, I saw..."

The Doctor patted her on the shoulder. "That's quite all right," he said. "You've just had a bit of a shock." He helped her to her feet and led her away. Jamie just stood in confusion before realising they'd gone. He had to run to catch up.

Zoe had recovered by the time they entered the console room. "So what do we do now?" she asked.

The Doctor held up the device. "This is the gangster's time machine. See, it's even labelled 'Time Cube'. If we fit it to the TARDIS, it should take us straight to his lair." He began fidgeting over the console. As soon as Jamie entered, the doors closed, and the Doctor set the TARDIS in motion.

"We've landed," the Doctor announced as he pocketed the stolen Time Cube. He then hit the door lever and walked out.

"But shouldn't we..." Zoe began, but Jamie had also gone. "Well, I'll check the scanner." She hit the button, and a picture flared to life. Zoe groaned. On the screen, the Doctor and Jamie were surrounded by armed gangsters.

"You just had to land in a room full of them," Jamie complained.

"This is where the device brought us."

"Shut up!" a gangster yelled. "How'd you get here?"

"Well, you see," the Doctor began, reaching toward his pocket as he did so. The hoodlums waved their guns menacingly. "I'm just reaching for the Time Cube." He took it from his pocket and threw it toward the gangster who'd spoken. "Now, I believe the operative phrase is 'Take me to your leader.'"

"Take 'em," the gangster told the others. The Doctor and Jamie were grabbed by the arms and pulled out of the chamber.

They were dragged to a darkened room with wood panelling and plush carpet. A figure sat behind a wooden desk. "So you are the two who've stolen a Time Cube from one of my men," the figure rasped.

"We are," the Doctor answered.

"That was a very foolish thing to do. Few people would ever dare to cross me like this."

"Oh aye, and who are you, then?" Jamie asked.

The man stood up and leaned forward over the desk until his heavy, jowled face came into the light. "I, young man, am the Don of Time!"

Zoe looked at the scanner again. The room was empty now. The gangsters that hadn't left with the Doctor and Jamie had used Time Cubes to leave and commit robberies. She gathered up her courage a

3. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    I don't think I've read anything with the Second Doctor... or even seen any of his old shows. I foud this to be enjoyable, Drabba. :)

4. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    This was fun. Good job!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.