main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph [Doctor Who] Series 7 Discussion - SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Community' started by Mar17swgirl, May 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Perhaps they thought no-one would notice, then again this is a sci-fi show so fans notice everything

2. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Moffat ****ing with the fans? You don't say!

Admiral_Volshe, MrZAP and Juliet316 like this.
  3. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    I GOT MY TV GUIDE! THE WHO COVER; I HAS IT!!![face_dancing]

Ahem, now that I got that out of the way.[face_blush]

It's not only a cover but a three page article within featuring a Cliff notes history of Who within the article and a sypnosis of the Christmas Special (which could provide one plausible explanation of Vastra's human hands -
    perhaps it's supposed to be a hint that not all is what it will seem to be in the episode. Also if you pick it up/recieve it in the mail, the article gives one (possibly) big whopping spoiler in terms of Clara's last name. I dont' know if that was BBC/Moffat sanctioned of if the writer was going by fan speculation at the time he wrote it - so be warned.
    It also has a neat little sidebar with Matt giving brief explanations of what various things are in Who.

Also as a bonus there's a brief interview on page 32 with John Barrowman, mostly regarding Arrow, but he is asked about the 50th in there.

4. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    But what did Barrowman say about the 50th?

Man, I am really hoping there's a super special panel for Comic Con next year for the 50th [face_praying]

5. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Basically that he hadn't gotten any call to do any 50th stuff, but should he be asked, that the Arrow exec producer (who himself apparently is a DW fanboy) would let Barrowman go off and do it.

6. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    One of my fave Fourth Doctor scenes:

PirateofRohan and Admiral_Volshe like this.
  7. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
  8. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  9. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    New TARDIS! (Desktop theme, that is)
    [​IMG]

10. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Also, there is now no reason whatsoever that Sir Patrick Stewart can't do something with Doctor Who in some shape or form if Sir Ian has now done so.

11. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    While I am very much intrigued to see what design Michael Pickwoad has come up with, I am surprised that it has been done just 33 episodes after the previous 'desktop theme' was introduced. (Though it could well be a case of them deciding not to transport the console room from Upper Boat to Roath Lock)

12. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    I agree with Juliet on this issue!!!!! :D :D :D [face_dancing][face_dancing][face_dancing]

Admiral_Volshe and Juliet316 like this.
  13. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Oh, I'm quite excited about that. I hope it feels a bit more technical and less 'thrown together out of junk'. And I hope it has the classic roundels.

14. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    I agree with soitscometothis on this issue.
    Eleven's desktop theme is good, but I much prefer the simplicity of Nine and Ten's (the Coral theme is my all time favourite). Even from a teaser image, I think it might make me very happy indeed.

Also, I'm of the opinion there was never any reason why Sir Patrick Stewart (often responsible for "good acting") couldn't do something in "Doctor Who". Just a matter of waiting for the right part.

Juliet316 likes this.
  15. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    A new desktop theme is a big deal. A really big deal. It's a change that will be with us for the next few years. Save the casting of The Doctor and his companion(s), I think this is as big as it gets. I'm excited, but also nervous. [face_blush]

Random Comments likes this.
  16. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Today I've seen the short teaser for the Doctor Who Christmas special four times (just the logo, theme tune, date and time), and I've not watched much TV today. :p

EDIT: Three posts in a row. Ah well.

Juliet316 and Chewgumma like this.
  17. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Spammer. :p

Juliet316 and Everton like this.
  18. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    The main villain for the Christmas Special seems to have been revealed in a twitter argument between a member of the Doctor Who magazine staff and fan site Blogtor Who.

Apparently it's the Great Intelligence, and he is the character to be voiced by Ian Mckellen. This reveal has caused some rumor about whether the Great Intelligence is the big bad for the 50th anniversary, a fan rumor I really want to be true. The more Sir Ian in Doctor Who the better. :p

Mar17swgirl and Juliet316 like this.
  19. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Dammit.

This was the first I'd heard of a new TARDIS interior. Annoyed I spoiled myself, now. it didn't even cross my mind that something like that could be coming up. Though I had heard there was a new screwdriver on the way....

Chewgumma likes this.
  20. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    I'm hearing it isn't a new screwdriver but a reappearance of an old one with some significance...

21. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    That would make sense. What I've heard makes it sound Important with a capital I.

22. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Since River's screwdriver from the Library bears more resemblance to Ten's than to Eleven's, could this possibly be the one that the Doctor modifies and gives to River?

Chewgumma likes this.
  23. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009

24. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Finally all caught up. :D

No more. *sigh* :(

25. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000