main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Does anyone collect?

Discussion in 'Archive: Bakersfield CA' started by jeff4sw21, Jun 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeff4sw21

jeff4sw21 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    I have some extra figures and ships from various years, let me know if there is something you are missing that I might have.

jeff

2. Jedi_Riibu

Jedi_Riibu Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    I do!

Although I'm not missing a whole lot that I want..

Are you getting the BK toys? They're sweeeeeeeeet!

3. jeff4sw21

May 19, 2005
    I only need 4 more BK toys to finish them off, R2-D2, Boga, Watto,and super Battle Droid

4. jeff4sw21

May 19, 2005
    Let me know what figure you need I have some newer ones but I mostly have vintage ones.
    Did you preorder you Comic-Con figure and statue?

5. Jedi_Riibu

Nov 14, 2001
    R2-D2 was in Wave 2, I think - I don't know how it's been with your BKs, but you might have a tough chance finding him. Boga is Wave 4 and I just got her this last Saturday. I only have through Wave 4. The BK I'm going to is taking an entire week to get to the next Wave, which is rather annoying for the impatient collector in me. ;)

I don't collect the vintage stuff, just POTF2 and onward. The stuff I'm missing that I might possibly want are things like TC-14 and Sio Bibble, both of which are rather expensive. :p And then there were a few for the recent OTC that I could have picked up, but I didn't, and now I'm debating if I want to go back and get them: Spirit Obi-Wan, Parade Padme, and one of the Handmaidens.. Rabe?

I've also been debating on expanding my collection of 12" figures beyond just Jedi characters.

Here's my Jedi shelf:

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v36/roseangelo/jedishelf.jpg]

I'm not getting the Comic-Con Holo Leia because I think it's stupid that she's holding guns. :confused:

What's the exclusive statue?

6. Jedi_Riibu

Nov 14, 2001
    Ok, found the info on the statue. It looks nice, but $250 is *way* too much for me to spend on something like that. Oh well.

7. jeff4sw21

May 19, 2005
    I don't collect Sideshow stuff but I thought that since there are only 500 pieces that I could double my money later on it. Do you need any of the exclusive silver figures like R2 or Clone Trooper, I know I have an extra CIII Vader figure. I collect most of the Hasbro stuff and the Gentle Giant statues, and my new thing is the Koto vinyl statues I should be getting my Biker Scout Trooper tomorrow, I also have several lifesize statues. I still have all of my vintage toys from when I was a kid, the Hoth stuff was my favorite, I have every piece loose and a complete set still boxed. I have several vintage jedi charaters since it sounds like that your main thing. I'll have to take some pictures of my room to show you.

8. Jedi_Riibu

Nov 14, 2001
    Sounds like a good stash of stuff there! I'd like to see pictures when you can get a chance to take them!

Since I open all of my figures most of the exclusive stuff doesn't end up appealing to me (that kind of stuff is better left unopened). The one I would be really interested in is the CII Jorg Secul. But since I'd want to open it, I don't want to pay the going price on eBay. I've also pondered the CIII Vader (which I wouldn't open), since it looks neat and has lines recorded specifically for it.

I have the Koto Ep2 Obi-Wan and would be reallyreally happy if I can ever afford to get the Scout. After Jedi I like to get the X-Wing pilots and Biker Scouts.

Here's my Obi-Wan shelf, with the Koto statue front and center:
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v36/roseangelo/obiwanshelf.jpg]

9. jeff4sw21

May 19, 2005
    I thought I was only out at this time! I spend way too much money on my stuff, I also have all of the Code 3 ships some Master Replica Light sabers. Every thing I have is still in its box and boy does it take up some space. I thought of opening my 12" figures to save room, I have all of them but 2.

10. Jedi_Riibu

Nov 14, 2001
    Ooops.. posted a blank message.

I'm a bit of a night owl. :p

One of the reasons I open everything is because it does take up so much space.. another reason being I like to play with my toys. Well, display them as space allows, at least. :)

Most impressive on the 12" figures. What two are you missing? I'm occasionally tempted to expand my collection of those beyond just Jedi (and I also have the Biker Scout), but I have yet to actually do so. I think I'd like to get the Padme dolls.

11. jeff4sw21

May 19, 2005
    I need the Anakin from TFM in his podracer gear and Plo Koon. I hava a extra 12" biker Scout on speeder bike?

12. jeff4sw21

May 19, 2005
    I'm mostly into the bad guys, Boba Fett is my favorite I have every statue made but the bronze one. Next Vader of course, and then the AT-AT driver.

Do you buy the Unleashed?

13. Jedi_Riibu

Nov 14, 2001
    Ok, I semi-regret opening my 12" Plo Koon since he's worth a considerable amount now. But I'm happy to have him in my Jedi collection. I'm trying to recall the Anakin in Pod Racer gear.. it's different from this one, I'm assuming? I would have liked a TPM Anakin in Jedi gear.

12" Biker Scout with Speeder is tempting.. I'll let you know if I decide I need it. ;)

The only Unleashed I have are the two Obi-Wans. I really wanted the X-Wing Luke, but I was broke the one time I saw it at TRU. I'm really hoping for an Unleashed Qui-Gon.

EDIT: Found this 12" Anakin, but it's Naboo Pilot gear.

14. jeff4sw21

May 19, 2005
    If you are ever in the market for the Master Replica Lightsabers I have a friend that gets a discout on them, they cost me $100.00 even, saves about $40.00 bucks. I have several connections to track past things down I can check on some of those things you mentioned and let you know. You'll have to check out my collection rooms if you are ever in town, If we would have a meeting I would even host it here.

15. jeff4sw21

May 19, 2005
    Your right Naboo gear, see that's why I missed it looking for the wrong one(too much stuff to track)

16. Jedi_Riibu

Nov 14, 2001
    Is that for the FX sabers? I thought the going price on those was right around $100. I'd like to get the Obi-Wan Ep3 FX saber if it really is coming out this year, as I've heard rumored, but I dunno if I'll be able to justify the expense.

I don't plan on being a stranger to Bakersfield, as I do have friends there still, so I'll let you know if I plan on being in town.

17. jeff4sw21

May 19, 2005
    There around $130.00 from what I have seen in most stores. I was just on Star Wars shop.com and they took out the guns in Leia's hands for the CIII figure.

18. Jedi_Riibu

Nov 14, 2001
  19. jeff4sw21

May 19, 2005
    Luckly I have a job that allows me to roam around to look for stuff when needed. I get most of my things from people I know that go to the stores at 7 or 8 AM, I just can't do that anymore, it gets old. The new wave of Target glasses are out, Han, Boba Fett, and Yoda

20. jeff4sw21

May 19, 2005
    Are you sure? I can see where they are supposed to be but it looks like there gone. Are you going to the Comic-Con?

21. Jedi_Riibu

Nov 14, 2001
    I only have one Target to visit, making collecting rather dull (and frustrating). I swear they only have two dozen each of four different figures, none of which I want. :p

The new cups look nice. I'm tempted by the Yoda, but I'll probably end up passing.

22. jeff4sw21

May 19, 2005
    I think we have just now done more posts on this Forum than everyone else in the last month combined

23. Jedi_Riibu

Nov 14, 2001
    [image=http://www.starwars.com/collecting/shop/shopnews/img/20050531_2_bg.jpg]

Yes, I'll be at Comic-Con. I go every year. :)

24. jeff4sw21

May 19, 2005
    You live in Monterey? Moved for work huh?

25. Jedi_Riibu

Nov 14, 2001
    And this is exactly the kind of conversation this board has been lacking! With luck someone else will jump in and contribute.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.