main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Omaha, NE Donation Drive

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by craigrr, Sep 16, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    I just had a thought and wanted to see how the rest of OFF felt about it. Now, I have no idea how to even organize something like this, but what if the Omaha Fan Force held a donation drive to benefit the Red Cross and the victims of New York, D.C. and Pennsylvania? Like I said, I have no idea how we'd do it so I'm looking for ideas and recommendations. Maybe do it on an upcoming Saturday or Sunday. Anyone else up for it?

2. That awful vracer

That awful vracer Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2000
    Sure, I'd be up for something like that. But I'm also unsure of how to organize something like that too. Would it be possible to attach ourselves to something that is already organized. Another drive that is already orgainzed, and all we'd have to do is volunteer, and show up? If we were a part of a recognized effort, it'd be easier to be poductive. I'd hate to organize our own little thing, and have nobody donate, becasue they're all going "Omaha fanforce? What's that? I'm not giving you guys zip." If we were doing something for say, the Red Cross, people will be less likely to be freaked out by the fanboys.

3. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    Well, I'm thinking of contacting the Red Cross & see what we can do. I'd like it to be an OFF-sponsored deal function.

4. paperclipx

paperclipx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2001
    Sounds like a great idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.