main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dooku's a DARK JEDI MASTER!? And he's a Sith too!

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Mavrick889, Apr 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tricky

Tricky Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    So how are we going to get Mr.Lucas to answer this question about if Count Dooku is a Sith or a Dark Jedi? Does somebody got his cellphone number or something, y'know like hack into cyberspace & look it up then call & ask him?

|337 H^><><orZ?

2. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    I'm sure this has been stated on this thread numerous times. The fact that it says Dark Jedi Master on Dooku's trading card means nothing. It says Dark Jedi Master on Sidious's training card also. That's why I don't trust EU. :p

3. Padme Bra

Padme Bra Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 2, 1999
    His other name is Darth Tyranus. That means Sith. But that isn't revealed until his last scene in the film. So until then the EU refers to him as a dark jedi, even though he's no longer a jedi.

4. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    Dark Jedi are no longer Jedi anyway. Or, they may think they are, I guess, but most would've left and done their own thing, using the dark side of the Force to rule over lesser beings.

What's interesting is that up until the final battle, but after his capture on Geonosis, Obi-Wan apparently does not know that Count Dooku is a Sith...Because Dooku tells him about Darth Sidious controlling the Senate, and that he should join him to destroy Sidious' influence.

"You must join me, Obi-Wan, and we can destroy the Sith!"

Dooku did leave the Jedi Order...No longer a Jedi. At that point, not a Sith to Obi-Wan.

Were the words dark Jedi floating through Kenobi's head?

I wonder what the novelization will say. If anyone would make reference to Expanded Universe terms, it would be Bob Salvatore.

5. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Before I read any books or the novelizations, I used the term Dark Jedi to describe Vader. I assumed that was the correct label. Now I know it isn't, but not everyone is into technical terms like we are.

That said, Dark Jedi is used for Dooku to trick the readers. Those who aren't spoiled don't know he's Darth Tyrannus. They see Count Dooku not Darth Tyrannus. Palpatine clues us in at the end, for those who haven't figured it out.

6. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Tricky...
    "So how are we going to get Mr.Lucas to answer this question about if Count Dooku is a Sith or a Dark Jedi?"

Ummmm... Dooku is both Dark Jedi and Sith as of AotC. Each is mutually-exclusive of the other.

7. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    Padme Bra...
    "The only thing that concerns this forum is whether or not Dooku or anyone else will be called a Dark Jedi in the FILM or if there will be any non-Sith dark side user in the next FILMS."

Padme, do you believe that the word "Sith" is of concern to anyone in the Classic Trilogy forums? There are no Sith in those FILMS.

8. Padme Bra

Jul 2, 1999
    Well, when they make a sequal trilogy with Dark Jedi running around or when Lucas uses the term then the people here will accept it.

9. SPACEMONKEY20

SPACEMONKEY20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    "This bickering is pointless"-----Tarkin

All I want to know is whether or not Dooku is the apprentice of Palpatine or does he consider himself his own master in terms of the Sith. He's already a seperatist, so why not?

Excuse me for being way behind the curve.

10. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    For me personally, if I only had the SW films, I'd have been bored with the Saga after my first fifty viewings or so.

Thankfully, everything else keeps my interest in the movies steadily renewed, making me view them hundreds of times. :)

11. Tricky

Tricky Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Well, when they make a sequal trilogy with Dark Jedi running around or when Lucas uses the term then the people here will accept it.

So now we come back to my point of how do we get Lucas to answer this question? I've seen Hackers & Johhny Mnuemonic, it looks hella easy to hack into cyberspace & find stuff, so we gotta find a leet haxxor to find Lucas's # & endlessly harass him 'til he's forced to give an answer.

12. SLAVE2

SLAVE2 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    He could ask,

Did Boba Fett die in ROTJ?
    Was the Emperor ever a clone?

Even if GL said Boba Fett died and the Emperor was never a clone, we'd still see Bib Fortuna, Twilek saying it was canon Iam sure :p

13. MetallicPea

MetallicPea Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2001
    Then where are the Light Sith?

Sorry, I'm not helping.

14. Padme Bra

Jul 2, 1999
    Well it's not like it would be the first time Lucas' own words were ignored in favor of EU.

15. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    There are Light Sith. Sorta. The Jensari (sp) in I, Jedi use Sith teachings but not in anger. They learned like Vader and the others, only they didn't hold to the Sith ideals. Vader killed them because of the rule of 2.

16. Spike_Spiegal

Spike_Spiegal Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    What about people like MJ who use both sides of the force and are neither light or dark jedi?

*runs away laughing*

17. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Mara was not fully trained, so one could consider her a "Force adept."

18. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    Well it's not like it would be the first time Lucas' own words were ignored in favor of EU.

Actually, I think it would be.

I've seen Lucas' opinion about some EU things, such as Boba Fett not dying, but nothing else.

If Lucas redoes continuity through a new policy, whether that is the fates of Fett or Palpatine, or Qui-Gon's age, he needs to tell Licensing to change their stance. Because right now, during the release of AotC, there's already a new timeline in the Barnes & Noble exclusive magazine that shows everything on one timeline.

There are Light Sith. Sorta. The Jensari (sp) in I, Jedi use Sith teachings but not in anger. They learned like Vader and the others, only they didn't hold to the Sith ideals. Vader killed them because of the rule of 2.

I don't think Vader killed them. I think that they rose in the wake of Nikkos Tyris' defeat during the Clone Wars, basing their training around the Sith information he uncovered, but staying in hiding until meeting with Leonia Tavira years later.

19. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    Vader himself is an example of a "good" Sith (call it "light Sith" or Light Sith if you will). At the end of ROTJ, it was Darth Vader - Dark Lord of the Sith who killed the Emperor out of altruism to save his son and obtain justice for the galaxy. It was Darth Vader - Dark Lord of the Sith who sacrificed his own life so that the galaxy could finally be free.

Or are you movie guys going to start arguing that the evil dude wearing the black armor who speaks with James Earl Jones' voice isn't Darth Vader.

Or, you have the other option available - you don't think Vader's a Sith.

20. MetallicPea

Jan 18, 2001
    Or are you movie guys going to start arguing that the evil dude wearing the black armor who speaks with James Earl Jones' voice isn't Darth Vader.

Come on! You're telling us Vader doesn't become Anakin Skywalker, Jedi, at the end of ROTJ?

21. Padme Bra

Jul 2, 1999
    Vader or Anakin, was a Jedi when he turned back to he good side and destroyed the Emperor. And he did destroy the Emperor, not a copy. :p

22. MetallicPea

Jan 18, 2001
    And he did destroy the Emperor, not a copy.

Yeah, the copy comes later.

23. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    I only read I, Jedi once, but I could've swore that it was mentioned that Vader killed three of them when the came face to face with them.

24. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    I forget. Maybe it was the parents of the ones scene years later, that Corran and Luke meet.

25. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    Well, we have our answer concerning what makes a member of the Lost Twenty, according to the novelization and spin-off material.

They have to be Jedi Masters.

That chucks out any of the darkside Jedi Knights who joined the cult of the new Sith Order, two thousand years previous to TPM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.