main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Dooku's holograms

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by IG_2000, Sep 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Gunray is about as useful as a fictional character that amuses me when he's on-screen.

aldrestjedimaster likes this.
  2. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    -Citadel Arc
    -Nightsisters Arc
    -Heroes on Both Sides

that's off the top of my head

And yeah, Gunray needs to break out with Bossk

3. Eone_Bane

Eone_Bane Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 28, 2011
    Ah, quite a few then...

And wait... Gunray is in jail? Ummm... I know I haven't watched all of Season Three but I didn't think he even appeared in that season... does he? Unless I'm totally forgetting something here...

4. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003

5. Eone_Bane

Jul 28, 2011
    Okay that Gunray pic made my day. XD

Ah... okay remind me to watch the microseries at some point. I didn't know Neimoidians were involved. But I just checked Wookieepedia about said Neimoidian and... he COULD be him... I guess. But as it isn't confirmed I'm guessing there's no telling.

6. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    Gunray busted out in "Cloak of Darkness", and was home free as of "Lair of Grievous", unless that's not what you're talking about...

7. Eone_Bane

Jul 28, 2011
    Yeah that's what I thought; hence my confusion of the matter.

And as far as I know the last time he was in TCW was Cargo of Doom, though a hologram. Because I haven't heard any word of him being in season three. But actually to be honest I don't know whether Cargo of Doom is before or after the season one episodes Gunray appears in. Still... no matter; there's no confirmation he is in jail.

8. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Gunray hasn't shown up for a while and most likely won't be showing up because he was voiced by Tom Kenny, voice of about a hundred characters across like 20 shows. Most of these characters, like Spongebob Squarepants and the Ice King in Adventure Time, are pretty major characters. So yeah, his schedule's full enough as it is without having to come do Nute Gunray.

9. Eone_Bane

Jul 28, 2011
    Well now I'm depressed... I want Gunray. Okay that didn't sound too great... umm... back in the show is what I meant.

Maybe we could have Rune Haako in the series then.

10. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I don't really care much about seeing the council.... I mean, it would be nice to see those characters, but they are glorified bankers, I don't think it's necessary to see them in a leadership role, pretty much because they lack any kind of leadership qualities. Most any time we see members of the guilds, they are solely after profit. They aren't military leaders. It wouldn't be appropriate for them to be giving orders to Grievous or Asajj, etc. If anything, in ROTS, Grievous showed that he was openly challenging Gunray's protests to moving to Mustafar.

And Dooku is chancellor of the Separatist government, and there is the belief among CIS senators that it is the Republic that is run by the banks, not the CIS itself.

Being on a council doesn't mean anything. It could have been something used simply to maintain the illusion of prestige and power to appease them. Dooku gives them titles and a fat paycheck for their investments, connections with the elements of their respective institutions that still claim loyalty to the Republic, and contributions of equipment. They're probably more involved in funding the CIS infrastructure like constructing new droid foundries as was shown, or bribing worlds away from the Republic. However, since Dooku's (or Sidious') holograms are usually used when communicating military orders, I'd find it completely inappropriate to replace them with the Council. The Council is a joke.

11. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    I think we should have plenty of new separatist officers- some tactical geniouses who could use droids against the jedi effectively, but there is also place for seppie council members to be their bosses.

SeparatistFan likes this.
  12. Eone_Bane

Jul 28, 2011
    Uh huh... I still want to see more of the Separatist Council. XD Or perhaps I just want more focus on the Separatists for once...

But I like the idea of the Council... I'd like to see it in action more. Then again I'm one of the rare few who likes the political episodes I think; love the Senate. Haha. Though that being said still haven't watched all of season three...

I want Gunray and Rune and various other Separatist people in the series. Yep.

13. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    ^If well written senate-episodes can be awesome- but no they have stupid Padmé-action combined with stupid Padmé's peacetalks- unbelievably bad idea to combine those:oops: no way......
    Political intrigue should be bit more complicated than always the debate peace(Padmé) vs. war(bad guys).....

Rune Haako and Gilramos Libkath need to appear both so they can finally clear up the AOTC's neimoidian-mess.... or is there change in blu-rays.... I dunno i never plan to buy those... for me that Neimoidian in AOTC is and will forever be Gilramos[face_not_talking] .... Rune is totally different guy....

14. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I like that he's behind the scenes. He is after all supposed to be the "Jefferson Davis/General Lee" figurehead of the Seps, right?

15. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I can see why some people, especially Darth Tyranus fans, would get fed up with him seeming to always appear as a hologram. I don't have a problem with it because, as the above poster mentioned, it gives a behind-the-scenes feel, and I just don't see why Palpatine's right-hand man wouldn't be ordering around the heads of a bunch of worlds. Also, a bunch of stuff that just happened in Shadow Warrior a couple weeks ago and the Force-witch trilogy last season totally debunks the notion that that's all we ever see of him.

16. Eone_Bane

Jul 28, 2011
    @Swashbucklingjedi: Ah good point; I agree that the Neimoidian isn't Rune... doesn't look like him, doesn't sound like him... just not Rune. If they do put Rune in the series I want him to be wearing the hat from episode one... best Neimoidian hat in my opinion.

@Tarkas: Dooku fan right here! My favourite Sith; dunno why... he just is... might be something to do with Form II. Hehe. Anyhow in general yes I would prefer Dooku to actually be in the episodes properly than just keep appearing on a hologram... but I can understand why they use the holograms a lot.

17. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    I like the idea of Dooku giving orders to Grievous and CIS council leaders, but I don't like him giving orders to villains like Riff Tamson and King Rash. I like how it worked in the Ryloth arc where Tambor gave orders to Mar Tuuk and TX-20 and in the last episode we got to see Dooku give Wat Tambor orders. Separatist Military Officers are a nice idea and if Separatist Council Leaders will not be used it makes it more necesary for some CIS Military Officers to be created.

18. aldrestjedimaster

aldrestjedimaster Jedi Master star 1

Sep 4, 2012
    Even though the Sep Council rarely does any good besides making more droids I would like to see the jedi go after them and Dooku more and when the jedi go after Dooku everynow and then have a nice battle I don't want to to over use Dooku, but i have no problem with Dooku hanging back but they should add some dark jedi maybe even Durge?

19. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I don't think Durge and TCW would be a good fit personally.

20. aldrestjedimaster

aldrestjedimaster Jedi Master star 1

Sep 4, 2012
    You never know until you try. Maybe they could change him.

21. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    He's too over powered for TCW. They've got Bane to somewhat fill his place. I would like to see more of Grievous as he has been portrayed lately.

22. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Remember, if Luke's clone is Luuke, the Dooku's clone would have to be Dooooku.

23. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    That explains Yoda's weird pronunciation of his name in AOTC(?). He saw into the future. :D

Seerow likes this.
  24. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    This is purely Rebel propaganda, Dooku is his own secretary.

25. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    You mean butcher his story as well, right?:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.