main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dr.Who

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Darth_Daver, Mar 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    There is a rumour that Jason Isaacs has been cast in the next series to play a villain. This may well fit in with the other rumour about who is behind the TARDIS esploding. We shall have to wait and see...

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Just a note that the Dr Who Prom will be live on BBC Radio 3 next Saturday evening (July 24) from 7:30-9:45 pm. There will be music from Wagner, Holst, and Orff as well as Dr Who. The BBC will broadcast it later on BBC3 as a special as they did with last year's.

There's a write-up here on the BBC Prom website.

3. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    I was unaware there was even a Doctor Who prom this year. Someone dropped the ball on this one, otherwise I would have bugged for tickets as my B'day present this year. :(

I hope they record it to air alongside the Christmas episode, or as a red button special like they did last time. Half of the Doctor Who prom is what you can see, not just the music.

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I only knew about it since I heard a promo for it on Radio 3 and saw it listed in the Radio listings in today's papers. The listing in the Times TV magazine has it as the Pick of the Day.

5. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    I wonder how big, or small to be more apt, the audience will be.

I remember Matt Smith mentioning the Proms earlier this year in an interview but I thought that it could have been a mistake or that it was coming next year. Other than that I have heard nothing of a second Doctor Who prom.

6. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    It will probably be pretty large. It's in the Royal Albert Hall and the booking website says it's sold out. It's also in the evening. The last one was at 11am on a Sunday.

7. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Just a reminder that this is on tonight! :)

8. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Dr Who and Amy Pond are presenting on BBC Radio 1!! They kicked off with Orbital and their version of the Dr Who theme tune, rather fittingly. Should be up on iPlayer later today. :D

9. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Not overly impressed with the episode I must say. Not bad, but it could've been shorter, there was an awful lot of padding I thought.
    Gambon was good as expected, Jenkins was meh but again for someone of no acting experience whose job was simply to look pretty and sing she did well enough.

Trailer for the next series looks interesting though. Always good to see the Ood.

10. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I thought it wasn't bad. I'm going to catch the repeat on BBC3 tonight. I missed the trailer as I switched over to BBC3 to catch Dr Who Confidential. Hopefully they'll show it after the repeat. I did like the scenes of the shark pulling the rickshaw.

11. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    Came across this today

link

Digitalspy thinks its april 1st already but could you imagine if it were true! lol

12. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    If Jedward got into Dr Who I would have to quit watching. There's currently an ad for Wii or Nintendo that features them and I want to hurl every time I see it. I can't hit the remote fast enough!

13. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    That would be wrong on so many levels.

14. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Nicholas Courtney has died.:(

The Brigadier was one of Doctor Who's great characters, and Courtney always seemed like such a nice man. It's a big loss to the world of Who.

Den of Geek

15. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Shame, I liked the Brigadier.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.