main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NYC, NY Dragon Con 2003

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Samantha, Feb 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fermez_La_Boushh

Fermez_La_Boushh Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2002
    Meri, I didn't know you were an SCA'er. That's cool.

2. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Oh yeah for about 10 years now. I haven't been real active in the past few years, but I go to an event every now and then :)

3. cyranodb

cyranodb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 26, 2001
    I still have my SCAdian membership, but haven't done anything in years myself. If I ever lose weight, I'd like to get back into fencing.

Mike C. ;)

4. Fermez_La_Boushh

Feb 2, 2002
    I'm in for Dragon Con! Just bought my membership; will make hotel reservations today. Yee-haw!

5. Meriwyn

Mar 22, 2002
    I got my membership too! Now I need to start on the airfare...ugh. Maria, make sure you book the Marriott Marquis :)

6. ObiWill

ObiWill Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2001
    Flights on Delta to Atlanta are $242 round trip, from Newark, LaGuardia, or JFK. I was thinking we could coordinate this and have everyone fly together. :)

7. Benae_Quee

Benae_Quee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Weeee, I got my membership today too :) thanks Will for reminding me to get it today! Now to get started on the costumes LOL

8. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Will: Thats the point of this thread :)

9. ObiWill

Feb 24, 2001
    Weeeeell, spank me and call me Susan... so it is. LOL ;)

10. Fermez_La_Boushh

Feb 2, 2002
    Thanks for the reminder, Meri. They just take a card number for the hotel when you make reservations, right? And charge it once you check out?

I might be using some of my United miles on this one; I don't know how much longer they'll be any good! I know they don't fly nonstop, however.

I ordered sith costume fabric today, and enough for another officer's uniform. Parts ordered for two, count'em two, new lightsabers, a matching pair! Whoo-hoo! You guys are gonna freak when you see me! (Like you don't already...lol)

11. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    Very Nice Maria!!! You and I can be siths in style :)

I'm in the process of doing costume repairs to my costumes, making a new padme costume and trying to buy stormtrooper armor. *looks in wallet* HAHAHA....soon enough kiddies.. you'll be lookin' at a dang short stormtrooper :p

12. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    Well if you didnt get your dragon con ticket by midnight tonight(2-14), the price has now gone up to 50 dollars. You have until may now!

13. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    time to up this...

You have until May 15th to get your DC ticket for 50 dollars for all 3 days. Dont wait!

Secondly, plane tickets are CHEAP right now! LGA to ATL is 192.50.(all taxes included) Thats 60 dollars cheaper then its been for the last 2 months! BUY NOW! Thats through Delta, and remember, when you call to say your with Dragon Con and give the discount number thats on the DC website.

14. Fermez_La_Boushh

Feb 2, 2002
    Oooh, Sam, you are such a good little helper! I'm gonna get me one o' them cheap tickets just 'cause you said so! I love cheap airfare!!! Thanks a lot.

15. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    "Thats why i'm here!" :p

16. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    Plane ticket prices are down AGAIN to 182.

17. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    1) plane tickets are UP to 213.

2) Today is your LAST day to get Dragon Con tickets for all 4 days for 50 dollars. They go up to 60 after today!

18. ObiWill

Feb 24, 2001
    Nope... $187 on Orbitz (departing Thursday 8/28 and returning Tuesday 9/2) ;)

19. ObiWill

Feb 24, 2001
    Attention! After a brief spike to $217, tickets on Delta from LaGuardia or Newark to Atlanta are now down to a low of $182.50. That's even cheaper than buying on Orbitz, and you can select your seats. :)

20. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    AwwwwYEAH!!!!!! NICE!

Now only if tickets to California would drop since im planning a trip there as well.

21. tk-7603

tk-7603 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 9, 2003
    i can get you trooper armo r for 500! even less..maybe...directly form , wait i cant tell you his name!

22. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    After much searching..... through Travelocity.com.. you can get tickets to atlanta for...

*drum roll please*

$176.50

23. Meriwyn

Mar 22, 2002
    This was posted in the CR forum. If you would like to attend, please let me know and I will RSVP to the organizer as one list. Thanks.

Dragon*Con is fast approaching. And just like last year the Hothlanta Rebels, the FanForce chapter of Atlanta, will be hosting a FanForce dinner for those members from other FanForce chapters who will be attending the con.

Will we be holding the FanForce dinner on Saturday, August 30th, at 5:15PM. The location will be a restaurant on the bottom floor of the downtown Hilton Hotel called Trader Vics. The Hilton is very near the convention hotels, so it is easy to find.

There is no cost for admission to the dinner. All you pay for is your meal.

24. Fermez_La_Boushh

Feb 2, 2002
    Anybody else going to attend this dinner? If it doesn't conflict with the costume contest on Sat. night (I think that starts at 8), I would like to attend.

25. Meriwyn

Mar 22, 2002
    I'll be going :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.