main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DRAGON*CON FANFORCE DINNER 2003

Discussion in 'Archive: Atlanta, GA' started by Minacia_Brightstar, Jul 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Hello everyone! :D

Dragon*Con is fast approaching and, like last year, the Hothlanta Rebels will be hosting a FanForce dinner for any members of FanForce chapters from around the country (or the world, as the case may be) who will be attending the con.

Will we be holding the FanForce dinner on Saturday, August 30th, at 5:15PM. The location will be a restaurant on the bottom floor of the nearby Hilton Hotel -- Trader Vics.

For more information on Trader Vics, including exact address and menu, head on over to their website.

If you wish to attend, please RSVP to minacia@hothlantarebels.com by August 16th.

If anyone has any questions about the dinner, you can contact me at the above e-mail address or you can send me a private message.

I hope to see many of you there! :)

2. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    Hey, Mandy... we probably ought to arrange a meeting spot like we did last year so that we can all walk over together.

3. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    Good idea, Dylan. :)

Perhaps we can all meet up at the table. Or, if we have a large crowd, perhaps we can meet on the second floor of the Marriott where all those couches and chairs are located.

If anyone has any better ideas for a meeting spot, we'd love to hear them. :)

4. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    For those attending the FF dinner, here is a bit of information about how to get to Trader Vics. Since we're going to have a large crowd, the management of the restaurant would like us to use a different entrance from the one we used last year:

When exiting the Marriott and heading towards the Hilton, immediately go right and then left down Harris St. This will bring us to the bottom side entrance of Trader Vic's. This way, we totally avoid elevator wait and crowd clog up. Anita will put a little map on the FanForce dinner flyer she is planning on making to give to folks who plan to attend the dinner. You can pick up the flyer at the FanForce fan table. The table should be relatively easy to spot as we'll have a big FanForce banner hung across the front of the table.

For those who want to walk over to Trader Vics as a group, meet me at the FF table at 5:00PM. If we have a large group meeting at the table, we may have to move our meeting spot to the floor above the one at which the fan tables are located in the Marriott (you'll go up one floor via the escalator. There is a small restaurant on one side of the elevators and an area with couches and chairs on the other). We can meet in the area with the couches and chairs and then walk over to Trader Vics.

See y'all on Saturday! :D

5. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    I just wanted to say thanks for the dinner, the KOP Fan Force had a great time. I am looking forward to doing this again next year!! :D

6. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    I would also like to say thank you on behalf of Mos Eisley Port Authority (formerly known as SWNYC). We had a wonderful time and it was great to meet so many of our fellow FanForcers from around the country!

Great job Mandy! You're a hoot! :)

7. Allie Fox

Allie Fox FanForce CR Macon GA US star 3

Jan 13, 2000
    A great time. We Clones really enjoyed ourselves.

8. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    Thanks for the kinds words. I'm so very glad that you all had a great time! :)

It was wonderful meeting old friends and new ones at the dinner. All of you were great fun and I hope to see you all again next year. :D

Except for the Macon Clones...I'm wanting to see you guys sooner for a laser tag rematch. ;)

9. Meriwyn

Mar 22, 2002
    OMG Allie I didn't even see you! :( I missed seeing Heather from Chicago too. I'm such a dork...LOL.

10. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    Your table was having too much fun to notice other folks, Meriwyn. :p ;)

EDIT: I also need to give credit where credit is due. Our events coordinator, Anita, worked with the Trader Vics management to put together the wonderful dinner. It was just my job to get the word out and then round y'all up. ;) :)

11. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    I had a blast at the FF dinner meeting other members and Chapter Reps and seeing what kinds of things other groups do. It was very reassuring!

And to top it all off, my Dragon*Con roommate was crowned Mr. Star Wars 2003!!! [face_laugh]

BTW, Minicia, do you know if anyone has a copy of the lyrics of the Mr. Star Wars anthem? That was hilarious!

Oh yeah, and Barbi Jedi ROCKED! I should know, seeing as how I'm the Toymaster and all...

12. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Here I go with my thanks.

It was fun to meet and greet.

Don't worry Meri, I think I missed some people as well.

Maybe we should have done an intro thingy.

Pics. We need pics now.

13. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    Perhaps we should have done introductions, but with about 75 to 80 people present, we could have been there a while. ;)

I'll have pictures up by the end of the week, if not sooner.

I'm so happy that I finally got to meet Meriwyn, Woofer, toymaster, and others. And it was great fun seeing old Dragon*Con "hang out buddies" once again. :)

EDIT: toymaster, we will probably be posting lyrics to Adam's songs on our website. I'll try to remember to make an announcement once that is done.

14. trianiigirl

trianiigirl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 21, 2002
    There are lyrics at Adam's site www.adamselzer.com If you look under [lyrics] there should be a fresh link to them :)

15. Meriwyn

Mar 22, 2002
    *Big FanForce hugs to everyone* :D

Yes, I'm a sap...LOL

16. Jace Darkrider

Jace Darkrider Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 1998
    Sorry I didn't get to meet you at the dinner Meriwyn. Or maybe I did?? Anyhow, as a quick note, I love your tag line at the bottom from 'The Young Ones'. Vivian was always my favorite.

17. ObiWill

ObiWill Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2001
    I'd like to thank the Hothlanta Rebels for hosting the dinner at Trader Vic's. The New York crew had a blast and it was great meeting you all again. :)

Until next year :D

18. RosieWook

RosieWook Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 5, 2000
    Everyone was so nice at the FanForce dinner. And you New Yorkers definitely win the prize for most fun! You were hilarious!

19. Meriwyn

Mar 22, 2002
    Awesome Jace! Someone recognized it! Yay! I always wanted to be Vyvyan for Halloween but I was always afraid no one would know who I was...LOL

20. Malz4JESUS

Malz4JESUS Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 12, 2002
    I had alot of fun with all of y'all and I hope to see everyone really soon!!!

God bless!

-Malz

21. Sereana_Nightstar

Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2002
    Thank you to everyone at the FF dinner, i had a great time. ( I was the older lady running around snapping pics) I was ade to feel very welcome. Alreay making plans to come back next year!!
    Marie-aka-Sereana Knightstar

22. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    Marie, it was wonderful to finally meet you after working with you and the Tampa Bay crew for so long. I look forward to seeing you again next year. :)

23. Malz4JESUS

Malz4JESUS Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 12, 2002
    And you know what? I met one of my friends from here and didn't even know it! [face_laugh]

At the FF dinner, she came up to me and said she liked my shirt and we talked for a minute or so and then when I got back she said that that was her! [face_laugh]

It was pretty :cool:

God bless!

-Malz

24. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    Thanks again to the Hothlanta Rebels for hosting and to all FanForce members who attended for making the dinner such a success!

Wish the costume contest hadn't run so long, though it was fun running over to the dinner with Natasha, Jenni and Zippy! Missed out on some of the socializing, but it was good to meet Woofer and the NYC group was lively as ever :D

Looking forward to next year!

25. RosieWook

RosieWook Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 5, 2000
    It was good seeing you for the second year in a row, Nabooty. You're starting to make this a habit!

As for the timing of it, there is just no good way to do it. We tried to make it so it would fall in between the costume contest and the 501st events.

It's hard when we're all so incestuous.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.