main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Dragon Con

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by Q99213, Mar 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    Considering the amount of people we have wanting to go to this Con I thought I'd start a thread about it. So post here if you're going, hotel info, costume info, etc. :)

Info:

Date: September 2-5
    Ticket info:
    Order a 4 day pass before 05.13 - $60
    Order a 4 day pass before 07.15 - $70
    At the door - $85
    Per day - $30
    Where: Atlanta, GA - http://www.dragoncon.org/dc_location.htm

2. Amiry

Amiry Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2004
    Well, I know I'm going. I'm riding with my friends that have lifetime memberships. We're probably staying at the Marriot. I'm going to attempt to have at least two costumes. Not entirely sure what they will be yet, but I'm working on that.

3. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    I would really like to go, but I doubt I can make it. I'm already going to Celebration III in April (2 days off), I want to go visit a friend in Washington, D.C. one weekend this summer (1 day off), and I'm going to my cousin's wedding over 4th of July weekend (4 days off). PLUS I might be going on a cruise with my aunt in October, so I really, really can't take any more time off. Gah!

4. Amiry

Amiry Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2004
    Well, I bought my ticket last week before they went up to $70. I meant to buy it much earlier, but forgot. My portion of the room payment is due the first week of June. I'll be in a room off a suite at the Mariot with some friends and friends of friends. I'm getting all excited; now if only I could decide what costume(s) to work on. . .

5. Karma

Karma Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2000
    I think I'll be skipping DC this year....between C3 and GenCon, and the trip to London we just took, $$$ is tight this year. Bummer, because with Ep3 and all, the costumes will be off the wall!
  6. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Nooooooooooooooooo! Karma, my first D*C!!! Half the awesome stories I hear involve you in some way!

7. Amiry

Amiry Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2004
    NoooOOOoooOOOoooOOOooo!!!!!

Well, anyway, mayhaps those of us who are going can meet up at some point at the con. I know our suite [at the Mariot] is throwing a party (one of many parties, I know). I'll give details as I get them.

I defintely plan on seeing Voltaire, The Crüxshadows and RHPS performed by the awesome Lips Down on Dixie. :B I'm sure I'll be floating 'round various SW panels, too.

8. Karma

Karma Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2000
    Ok, fess up. I only know of one story that involves me, salsa, alcohol, and a balcony. What have you heard?

9. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    tehehehehe

I seem to remember something about boxers, or was that Mega?

10. Karma

Karma Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2000
    That was Star Wars Weekends. So many events, so many stories....hush, you.

11. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Hey, I just relay them as I hear 'em!

Speaking of SWW, are you heading to Fan Weekend?? Maul boxers??? :lol:

Back on topic, I just picked up my room for D*C over at the Hyatt. $150/night which isn't too bad considering it's right there.

12. Amiry

Amiry Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2004
    Oooh, the Hyatt...land of only four elevators. LOL.

13. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Apparently, the other hotel has the slowest elevators in existence, so it all balances out.

14. Amiry

Amiry Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2004
    They didn't seem all that slow to me. Unless I happened to be sardined in with some members of the smelly!nerd breed.

15. Amiry

Amiry Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2004
    I realise that this is probably a redundant question being asked in many areas of the JC, but I'm wondering anyway. Those of you who are going to D*C, what costumes do you plan on making/bringing if any? Let's turn this thread into a Dragon*Con costume discussion.

I plan on bringing at least one, if not two costumes. I'm going to work on improving my Leia ANH dress, and possibly make Padmé's Tatooine disguise from TPM. The Leia costume is really just an entirely new dress and new accessories because my old accessories either broke or have been lost. It'll be less annoying this time, as I have a good pattern and better reference pictures and whatnot (to my knowledge, there were no helpful costuming sites like Padawan's Guide or Obi-Wan's Jedi Academy when I made version 1, which should give you an idea of how long ago it was!). The last version was sort of thrown together. I'm also finally going paint my boots. I found a pair of boots at a thrift store a year ago and they've been just sitting here forever. They're brown right now and could probably be used for Jedi boots at some point, but I'm painting them white anyway. :)

16. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    I'll be doing my ARC, of course. Possibly an EP3 clone. I'm also bringing my Scout, Jedi, and Grand Admiral for friends and backups, and I'm also going to try (job willing since DC is going to cost me close to a grand alone) and get a Tusken together.

17. Amiry

Amiry Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2004
    Ooh, a Tusken! Cool! :D

I'm also thinking about doing Leia's Ewok village dress. I suppose it is a goal of mine to make and have her entire wardrobe at some point. LOL.

18. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Yeah, I can tell! My goodness.

19. Amiry

Amiry Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2004
    I'm not obsessed or anything. :D

20. Sith_Patterson

Sith_Patterson Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 15, 2005
    yes yes i am going to dragon con saving money is a must.
    i am also getting my new costume. yes.
    so is any one going.
    and if you need a ride let me know i can see what i can work out.

21. Amiry

Amiry Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2004
    so is any one going

Um. . .that's what the discussion is about. Those of us who are going. o_O And so far, everyone posting on this thread is going.

22. Amiry

Amiry Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2004
    So, Dragon is this coming weekend. How is everyone doing on costumes and stuff? I'm working on my third version of Leia's ANH dress in time for the con. My group and I are leaving late Thursday evening and should arrive Friday morning sometime. . . Our suite will be throwing a huge party, the Flash Party, which was #2 in parties last year after the Klingon party. More details as I know them. Anyone up for a meetup sometime over the weekend?

23. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    My costumes are essentially done, just have to paint my friend's clone helmet.

As for meeting up, I would love to but there is some serious crap going on with the FL 501st right now and I'll be in meetings most of the weekend :(

24. Amiry

Amiry Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2004
    Well, if you get the chance, the Flash Party is Saturday night I think, but I'm not sure what time yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.