main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DVD of the week!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Idaho Falls, ID' started by RABIDJAWA, Oct 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nordicgal

nordicgal Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Adam -

Jenny, Erin, Melissa, and I all really liked the CD you were playing last weekend.

The next time we see you, when you get back from C3, can you bring that CD over again so we can listen to it some more?!

Thanks!! [face_blush]

2. spiralpadawan

spiralpadawan Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2005
    I second that!!

3. RABIDJAWA

RABIDJAWA Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2002
    Which one? The Weezer CD with Hash Pipe and Island in the Sun?

4. nordicgal

Mar 12, 2002
    The one you were playing in the office while we were watching Closer. Erin said one of the songs sounded like Sugar Ray, if that helps you.

5. RABIDJAWA

May 20, 2002
    This week's DVD is: Blade Trinity. This flick is packed with the requisite action and Wesley Snipes is at his glowering best. But, Ryan Reynolds steals this movie with his hilarious one-liners. And Jessica Biel is real nice to look at. The DVD features the R-rated and unrated cuts of the film, 2 commentaries, a 16 part making-of doc, and more. Check it out.

Also, if you wanna watch Jim Carrey run around in a bald cap, Limony Snicket's is out too.

6. RABIDJAWA

May 20, 2002
    This week's DVD is... Star Wars: A Musical Journey. Available at no extra charge with the Ep. III soundtrack. This piece of work uses 16 pieces of music from throughout the saga to tell the Star Wars story. It's an interesting new take on the saga.

And the soundtrack? I think it's John Williams' best work in years. Spectacular.

Next week: The Life Aquatic...

7. RABIDJAWA

May 20, 2002
    This week's DVD is "The Life Aquatic...". Just a very funny flick with great performances by Willem Dafoe, Owen Wilson, and especially Bill Murray. There are two versions out there: a single disc and a two-disc set. I think they're both done by Criterion, which means you get oodles of extras. I don't know what's on the one-disc version, but the two disc set has a commentary, a production doc, deleted scenes, a slew of interviews and "ten complete video performances of David Bowie songs in Portugese by Brazilian artist and actor Sue Jorge." Good times will be had by all.

By the way, the CD of the week (month, year, decade) is Weezer "Make Believe", the best work the band has done since "Pinkerton" in 1996. It frickin' rules!!

Next week: Team America on DVD and the new System of a Down album (the first single off the album is pretty cool.)

8. nordicgal

Mar 12, 2002
    We bought "The Life Aquatic" and watched it again last night. Excellent!

"He's got the crazy eye!!" [face_hypnotized]

9. RABIDJAWA

May 20, 2002
    Yeah, I just showed Heber, and he dug it.

That reminds me, does anyone have "Bottle Rocket"? That's the first flick Wes Anderson directed (he of "Life Aquatic" and "Rushmore" reknown). I saw it a while ago, but I was 84.337% asleep and don't really remember it. I'd like to see it again.

10. RABIDJAWA

May 20, 2002
    This weeks DVD (not that any of us care): Team America - World Police

This is just a frickin' funny flick! The DVD has a bunch of documentaries, and other stuff. Be warned: If you've got a weak stomach, you may want to skip the unrated version and just get the theatrical cut.

11. RABIDJAWA

May 20, 2002
    Well, the second seasons of both Chapelle's Show and Samurai Jack are out this week, but I haven't picked up either of them yet...

12. RABIDJAWA

May 20, 2002
    Well, this week's DVD is Ren and Stimpy Seasons 3 & a-halfish. Fun Fun Fun! "Taste the wrath of my hose, you heathen cat!!"

13. spiralpadawan

spiralpadawan Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2005
    what season is the hair ball episode on? the one where he licks all the hair off of himself and worfs it up to make hair balls?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.