main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist earlybird-obi-wan art updated march 24 with Tycho Celchu

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Dec 16, 2006.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
  2. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Bedankt, bedankt, bedankt!

Je bent heerlijk! So great and amazing! You play with light as much as Rembrandt does and have the intensity of Van Gogh!

I lack of words here at present. You really, really have a way with using oil colours. I must really think about all the Dutch masters that hang in the Herzog-Anton-Ulrich Museum in my home town of Braunschweig. And yet you have your own way of expressing feelings, characters and landscapes. You combine old traditions with doing things in your own special way.

Uitsteckend, hoor!

Thanks for sharing this with us!

3. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
  4. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Obi Wan and Qui-Gon look wonderful! =D= I love the background, too (you do such a great job with those...). And what a wonderful "portrait" you have going of this horse! I love horses, and this is a lovely painting of one! Very pretty!

FF

5. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Obi-Wan and Nephril is updated again and on the same page is my first sketch of a new painting

Obi-Wan

Those pieces are for a new fanfic of mine on the before the Saga board and the saga

6. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Very nice--just a suggestion for the horse: be sure to include the "catch lights" in the animal's eyes, as well (the little glint of reflected light). I realize that these are WIPs, and you may not be finished with them yet--but try to remember to add in those catch lights--it'll give a lot more life to the animal! The full-body horse is looking very good--have you drawn/painted horses before...?

FF

7. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    FalconFan thanks for the review and I have added to the picture some highlights. The other is taking shape as well.

Obi-Wan and Nephril

8. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, most excellent! That's just what it needed--just that little glint, to make the eye look glossy and wet! It adds so much life--well done. These are coming along beautifully--the animal's anatomy is beautiful!

FF

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
  10. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Keep up the great work!

FF

11. Minela

Minela Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 28, 2005
    Wow, you did a beautiful job on the horse. I can never get a horse right it always looks awkward. Keep up the great work. [face_peace]

12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Minela and FalconFan thanks for the review

all links to my pictures can be found in the first post

13. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    earlybird-obi-wan, I love your paintings!

They have a very "old world" quality (that many others have also commented on). There is an ethereal quality to them and I really enjoy the settings that you've chosen for the characters--those backgrounds really create "the story" in your scenes and set moods. Beautiful!

Your choice of poses for your characters is also interesting. There is great meaning in your work, intended or not.

Wonderful job on all of these!!

oldj

14. Blue_but_beautiful

Blue_but_beautiful Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2006
    awesome work earlybird! I meant to comment on these sooner but didn't get chance, now i've had a proper look through your work and have to say, it's amazing! So smooth and lifelike, I love the way you use the medium to work with, my faves would have to be all your pics of Obi-wan :) You've aptured a real likeness to him as well as the emotion portrayed in his expressions. Some real serenity to your pictures, Keep up the good work! :D

15. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Oldjedinurse and Blue_but_beautiful thanks

My WIP's are updated again and can be found on post 1 page 1

they belong to my story Two red beads

16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    My fanart is updated with a new picture of Padme she can be found on the first post

17. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    The sketch of Padme certainly captures her classic serenity: the downcast eyes, the tuck of her chin; you've also done the hair most beautifully. Her profile seems a bit too flat, to me--the nose should have a bit more prominence; if you pulled her jawline back a bit farther, and rounded the shape of the entire head a touch more, it would help with proportions, too, I think. Overall, though, this is recognizably Padme, so well done with that (...I can't draw the woman to save my life, so take all this with a large dose of salt! ;) )!

The Vader sketch looks great! The hands are a bit too small, but other than that, it's a wonderful drawing of the Dark Lord.

And you know I love the Obi Wan--that particular photo is one of my favorties of him, so anything resembling it looks wonderful to me! ;)

FF

18. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    FalconFan thanks for the advice.

I have added to Padme and the two pictures with Obi-Wan are completed

19. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    I like the changes to Padme--much better!--and the Obi paintings are so beautiful! I salute your patience in working in oils--it's a lengthy process!

FF

20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    There's a new Obi-Wan and ??? picture and it is a WIP and part of a large one in oils. Can be found on post 1 and on this link

Obi-Wan and ??

21. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Thanks for telling me about this up-date and I also better keep track of your fanfic from now on. Like my dear RL friend and e-daughter Chilla you are a master of several mediums!

*hugs!*

What I like about this Obi-Wan picture is his calm and peaceful look. He is part of the living force.

22. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Azure speaks truly--he does indeed look peaceful--and that little half smile is wonderful! Lovely!

FF

23. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
  24. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Lovely work on the Obi Wan portrait! I so love the light in that piece, and you've captured it very well. The link to the "younglings" piece is to the same piece as "Obi Wan, Nephril and Naraun;" you may want to fix that one. Your horses look so pretty--be sure, at some point before you call it done, though, to add that bright glint of catch-light in their eyes--it provides so much more life, especially to renderings of animals! ;) Wonderful work!

FF

25. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    I have added to the large picture again and one scan is the entire surface of my scanner used. The picture is real big and to show it in its entire format I will have to take a photograph of it. That will need sun and nice lightning and not the rainy days we are facing now.

Obi-Wan