main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Eleven-ThirtyEight and stuff

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Jul 8, 2013.

?

Well?

1. I don't care

20 vote(s)
    17.7%
  2. Hm, neat

49 vote(s)
    43.4%
  3. OMG COOPER IS MY HERO

44 vote(s)
    38.9%
  1. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    It's not like I go there every day.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

2. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
  3. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I was tempted to say something about it as soon as I noticed it the other day, because I want nothing to do with the concept.

4. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    If I had any real pull online I would do everything in my power to get a bunch of people walking around SDCC with headbands.

5. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Well. I've never worn a costume at a con before. I'm not going to SDCC but I will be at C7 in a newly commissioned grand admiral uniform. Since that is no longer canon, I figure a Legends headband would be part of the costume.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

Kylun, Riv_Shiel, Zorrixor and 3 others like this.
  6. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Wear the uniform with a Legends sash across is.

7. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Even better. Works with the whole military look.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

8. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Just imagine a big group picture in front of the DR booth with a bunch of EU cosplayers wearing them.

9. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    I'm just imagining the look of the panelists at the Del Rey panel -- presumably including folks like Pablo, Chee, Heddle, and authors. :p

They'd take it in good humor I'm sure but it would be fun.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

10. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Yeah, totally as a tribute thing; not to be confrontational.

11. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Because I love you*, a special sneak peek at tomorrow's EXCLUSIVE** interview with Jason Fry:
    * "you" meaning anyone who actually follows this thread
    ** he assumed, without really looking into it

TrandoJedi, Gamiel, Zorrixor and 3 others like this.
  12. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Personally I thought The Rise & Fall of Darth Vader did a good job of reconciling the events of Splinter with the rest of the OT.

13. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Jello, were you at the canon panel where the Mando group "confronted" Filoni?

I forget what it was even in "retaliation" for, other than it was silly (deliberately so) and Filoni did take it with much good humor. It was bizarre to say the least, but pretty funny.

14. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    Wait, what? Someone give me the skinny on this.

15. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
  16. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    Ah, Jason, always the voice of rationality and reason. Great interview, Coop. He's even more zen about the EU legends thing than I am.

17. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Yeah, and he's a guy who's expanded a lot of manpower on the canon, too.

Always nice hearing from him. He just feels like one of us, and that's great. We're really lucky in this fandom.

Sent from a loaner phone with horrid autocorrect. Expect lots of errors.

18. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    One of the Mando fans groups unexpectedly came in, in full outfits, and stood in the line to ask questions. The entire panel was amused and mystified, and when they came up they called out Filoni on something minor that had happened earlier in the convention. He played along, and everyone was amused. (I hate cameras, so you'll have to rely on my faulty memory if no one else knows).

19. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    I love when our stuff gets shared on Facebook because then I get to see responses like this (to Jason's interview):

"Seems carefully said by someone who's been told to by the "Story Group."

They got to him!! He's compromised, I repeat, Jason Fry has been compromised!

BigAl6ft6, Ulicus , jasonfry and 4 others like this.
  20. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
  21. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    Sigh.

Exactly what I meant by people assuming the other guy is malevolent/incompetent/has been bought/etc. I suppose that makes for a more dramatic world than "huh, this person's opinion is different from mine."

22. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Suppose it's good they aren't named "the Story Cabal," then. Imagine what the rumors would've been !

Sent from a loaner phone with horrid autocorrect. Expect lots of errors.

23. Starkeiller

Starkeiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 5, 2004
    I think they should have gone with "Poor Comrade-Soldiers of Lucasfilm and the Temple of Canon". Or does that sound too much like an Indiana Jones movie?

jSarek likes this.
  24. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
  25. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    There will always be this, but it is a natural reaction from people. Even a logical one when it comes to statements from people employed by LFL. There is going to be a natural potential of conflict of interest involved when anyone involved with LFL, be it a freelance writer, animator, actor, director, whom ever, makes comments of this nature. There will always be that question mark hanging in the air.

I imagine that LFL has a code of conduct, I know the company I work for does. Said code of conduct where I work makes it clear that should I go online, or go to the media, and be critical or negative or embarrass the company they reserve the right to take disciplinary actions, up to and including termination of employment. Not to say that this applies to you personally, but this is the reality for a lot of folks.

I think your being completely sincere with your feelings via the interview, and realize that your comments about the "other guy" are in reference to fans in general, but it is what it is. People are going to be naturally suspicious about comments from people on the payroll(so to speak) of LFL . No doubt it is a little unfair.

I mean maybe the then CEO of Coca Cola meant it when he said of New Coke, "The best has been made even better!" Maybe.

Iron_lord likes this.