main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Emerald City Empire Website Updates

Discussion in 'Archive: Greenville, NC' started by Dal--Intrepid, Jun 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Picking up on the groundwork that Kevin laid as CR, I've started the process of getting our website up and "on the air." As most of you know, Kevin worked out a deal with cinemafreak (Rich), J'ville's CR, that resulted in the creation of a basic website for us. The website has been on Rich's server for a while, sort of waiting for us to fill in the blanks, and it looks like we're about ready to start doing that.

I spoke with Rich last night and he has been gracious enough to continue hosting us for a while as well as help with maintenance. If our site grows into something large, we will address those hosting issues in the future. (It might not be a bad problem to have :p ). I recently purchased the emeraldcityempire.com domain name for two years and we'll be forwarding that to Rich's server shortly.

What do we need from you, our faithful members?

First and foremost, a picture of yourself for the members page. We will be using your picture on figure cardbacks, so keep that in mind when deciding on a picture. You may get the option to choose which cardback style you want to use; we're sort of still checking on that. I would like pics of Kevin H., Kevin G. Robby, April, and Mike if possible.

Be thinking about a small bio/profile - name, user ID, hobbies, favorite Star Wars things, turn-ons, turn-offs (OK, maybe not). When I have a better idea of how much space we'll be dealing with, I'll let you know and probably supply a form to fill out.

Event pictures for the Gallery page - Got any pics from any stuff we've done? IQM 2, C3, prop day, Carmike trooping, etc. I have some of this stuff, but I believe there's more out there.

Anyway, that should be it for now. I'm sure I'll be asking for more stuff as we get rolling, and as Rich and I see where we need to fill in the blanks. We believe we can have the site ready to go live very quickly if we get these items handled. Once the site is up, we'll have something to promote and will be able to start throwing up some flyers and getting the word out!

If you need to email me for anything, email me at goheels@hotmail.com

2. The_Green_Ranger

The_Green_Ranger Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 18, 2004
    sweet maybe at the next meeting, we can draw up a plan and go ahead and start working on the profiles ourselves to bring to the meeting.

3. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    I sent everyone an email from the mailing list about selecting your cardback for your membership photo as well as where to send the photo you would like to use. Check it out when you get a chance and we'll go ahead and get that info up on the site! Thanks!

4. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    I finally sent those bios we filled out at our last meeting to Rich. Thanks to everyone who has done that. I will send a form to KG and Tommy so they can do theirs via email.

I'm still looking for two pictures of each of us for our members page. Rich has done a great job of personalizing figure cardbacks, so we need pictures of us to get them complete. If you have pics, you can email them to me. If they're online, let me know where and I'll grab them off the web and send them to Rich. Just to clarify, these are individual pictures of yourself and do not even have to be Star Wars related - just something you think would look cool on a figure.

Thanks to Jedi Natalie over in Raleigh, we now have some pictures from IQM 2 that we can add to the site. If you have any pics from IQM 2, C3, or any other event we have done, let me know and we'll get those added to the site as well.

5. The_Green_Ranger

Nov 18, 2004
    I need pics of myself. Also I think we should start snapping a few pics at each meeting to add.

6. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Robby - how about those trooper pics for your 501st pics without the helmet? They might look cool on a cardback.

I've sent the bio forms to our remaining members.

Q - I PM'ed you about that Yahoo email address, which is also where I sent the form. I believe you can set up that Yahoo address to forward to another email address if you'd like it to.

7. The_Green_Ranger

Nov 18, 2004
    If one of you guys wants to design a few flyers, I can hang them up on the bullitein boards at Pitt. We can just make them for our website and link it to the greenville ff boards till the site goes up...OR we can just put up a "Coming Soon" page and place a link to the greenville ff boards, and make a sticky concerning new members about what to do and how to sign up, and who/what we are, and what to do if they want to join us at meetings; kinda like a new member FAQ or something. What do you guys think?

8. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    That definitely sounds like a plan. Once the site is back up, we'll go ahead and get some flyers made. The site probably won't be totally complete (then hopefully, it never will be), but they'll be enough there to promote. There is a sort of "how to join" section on the site. Once we start promoting it, I'll ask our RSA for a "New Members Introductions" sticky thread up top. Hopefully we'll see some interest. Between the colleges and Nostalgia Newsstand, those should be good places to start.

9. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    Unlocked by request.

10. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    As you can probably see, a link to our website has been added to the header, so check out the site when you get a chance. Some of the info on there is outdated due to the site being down for a while. All of our bio information and stuff had to be resubmitted to Rich, so you should start seeing the site update shortly. When it starts filling out nicely, we can start using it as a promotional tool to get the word out about our group.

I'll probably be contacting everyone about pics and bios and other stuff soon once the site starts taking shape.

11. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    In case anyone hasn't noticed, Rich started work on the Members page on the website and I'm gathering past event pictures to submit for the galleries. If you have any pics you'd like to share, let me know and I'll get them sent.

12. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Well I made a pseudo-executive decision to move our site to freewebs.com. Rich just has an insane amount of things going on with his ROTO show, cons, his film festival, a wrestling magazine, and that doesn't count his regular job and family. Finding time to work on our site would seem to be at a premium and I've juggled some stuff around where I can get to it a little more freely now. Anyway, the web address is still the same, but now it comes up to another site. Yes, there will be a banner across the top with ads, but I'm not really concerned with that at this point. The layout is somewhat similar to what Rich had set, but obviously not quite as fancy with the lack of Flash. But it is easily navigated and functional for our small group. I played around with it the last few days and it's pretty close to updated, so check it out and let me know what you think. Comments, suggestions, etc. I still have a few more pics to add to the gallery from our cookout and if you have any pics to add, let me know and we'll get them up.

13. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Just a few updates to the website:

14. Updated April's bio with her new userID

15. Adding some pics to the "Good Eats!" gallery

16. Updated the Events section with info about C4

17. Am currently uploading pics from last week's event at Kev's, hope to have those up soon

18. Added a small "Join Us" section where prospective members could send in a form to express interest in joining

19. Just in case you're interested, our guestbook has been signed a couple of time
  21. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    7/3 website updates:

22. Updated the "Good Eats" gallery with the latest pics from our cookout at Kev's

23. Updated Kevin G.'s member bio with a photo

24. Updated the events page with information on OT DVD and Lego game releases
  26. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    In case anyone is interested, be looking for these flyers here and there. I finally finished up one. I'm gonna start at Nostalgia and go from there.

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/Dal--Intrepid/eceflyercopy.jpg]

Feel free to print copies and put them up where you think they'll get a response!

27. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    So I'm in the process of moving our youngest upstairs and moving our office downstairs. I found two rolls of undeveloped film in a desk drawer and took them to get developed. It turns out they were from last Christmas. I had forgotten my digital camera had gone on the fritz prior to the holidays and I had shipped it back to Fuji for repair, so I was using our old APS film camera. Anyway, point is I found the pics we took when we dropped off our donations at the Ronald McDonald House. There was a nice pic of Kevin G. with that UNC rocking chair in the "Carolina Room." As soon as we get our office set back up and the scanner hooked up, I'll get the pics scanned and up on the website.

28. The_Green_Ranger

Nov 18, 2004
    that's really nice. Can't wait to see them.

29. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Just in case anyone is interested, some of the other CR's mentioned they had set up MySpace sites for their FanForces and gotten some results, so I set up a fairly basic one, more for promotion than anything. So if you wanna check it out and if you have your own site and wanna link up -

http://www.myspace.com/emeraldcityempire

30. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Thanks to Robby who has volunteered to take over the reins of our ECE MySpace site. Robby's personal site is really nice and a lot more polished than anything I would've ever done, so I'm sure our site is going to kick serious butt with Robby at the helm. I'm looking forward to seeing what he's going to do with it!

31. The_Green_Ranger

Nov 18, 2004
    while I appreciate the praise, I cannot take credit. April is the one who did most of it. She is good at locating layouts that I like, or making ones that aren't avaliable. She's the one who located the new one thats up now. Take a look, it's awesome. So it will be April and myself running the MySpace site. I will be doing a lot to it as well in the near future.

32. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Looking great so far! Very clean and easy to read!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.