main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ender's Game (OT)

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by Q99213, Mar 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    Has anyone read this? If not, I highly suggest you do. It's got to be one of the greatest Sci-Fi books ever. Basically Earth has been attacked by aliens twice, and so a battle school has been set up where kids are trained from about 6 years of age to be super military commanders. Well Andrew 'Ender' Wiggin is like the ultimate commander. I just found some quotes and thought I would see if anyone else is as huge an Ender fan as I am.

How very Jedi: "I am your enemy, the first one you've ever had who was smarter than you. There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you. I am your enemy from now on. From now on, I am your teacher."
    - Mazer Rackham to Ender

"We may be young, but we're not powerless. We play by their rules long enough and it becomes our game."
    - Valentine ("Ender's Game" pg. 237)

"Welcome to the human race. Nobody controls his own life, Ender. The best you can do is choose to fill the roles give you by good people, by people who love you."
    - Valentine to Ender ("Ender's Game" pg. 313)

"Ender, if you're on one side of the battle, it won't be equal no matter what the conditions are."
    - William Bee to Ender ("Ender's Game" pg. 219)

"I don't care if I pass your test, I don't care if I follow your rules. If you can cheat, so can I. I won't let you beat me unfairly - I'll beat you unfairly first."
    - Ender to Colonel Graff

Also the first line of my sig. These are some of the greatest quotes I have ever read.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.