main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

EU and Episode IV?

Discussion in 'Archive: Episode IV: No Spoilers Allowed' started by NaboosPrincess, Mar 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    Tons of books have been published about events in the GFFA by now, including some from what looks to be the time period of the new movie.

How do you think Lucas will deal with this? Will we get to see some EU characters in the movies, or hear mention of them, a la ROTS? I think it would really cool if the books were integrated with this film. It's the perfect opportunity to display some EU love.

2. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Since I thought that EU would be the only thing left after ROTS I'm very happy about this, and I really hope that the EU figures will be more than some background characters or name droppings.

3. Blood_of_Yoda

Blood_of_Yoda Jedi Youngling

Jun 11, 2002
    Who could they use? I dont remember many EU characters that didnt die in ROTS or shortly afterwards lol

4. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    I hope Lucas just says frell the EU and does his own thing, thus putting a huge set of retcon in motion.

5. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    I hope that Han Solo guy from the books gets included. I think he and that furry extra thingy from RotS would make great characters.

6. Aged-Master-Genghis

Aged-Master-Genghis Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2000
    The Genghis heard that Chewbacca will have his own trilogy of books, along with a wisecracking pirate sidekick and a hooptie starship...

7. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Dear God, I hope not [face_sick] The EU has taken a big steaming crap on Lucas' Vision, not that he cares about it or anything. After all, it's all a parallel universe, and certainly not cannon!

8. NaboosPrincess

May 14, 2001
    Ah, that is where you are wrong.

The EU is better than the films could ever hope to be.

And, I agree about Han Solo! He should definitely be included; he's really cool.

9. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    I'm sure we'll get EU this time around. Quinlan could be a really cool character to appear and help Yoda and Obi-Wan. Also his kid could be friends with Luke and Leia.

Also a lot of the senators meeting with Bail and Padmé were cut in ROTS, I'm sure some of them will show up. That Mon Mothma chick seemed pretty important, so she'll probably be there, as well as the guy from Kaut, and Fang Zar because he was cool. Alsom in the ROTS book he mentions a guy from Corellia, Garm Bel Somethingoranother. He could show up.

Also teh Ferus Olin.

And maybe this guy, Thrawn from Outbound Flight will show up. He looked pretty cool on the cover. The kind of thing Lucas likes, like Aayla Secura.

And maybe Lando could show up and hook up with Leia. He did win a ship that was in ROTS for a second.

10. NaboosPrincess

May 14, 2001
    Oooh...what about Bria Tharen and the gang stealing the Death Star plans? I mean, we saw it in ROTS, right, so they have to wrap that storyline up.

I almost want to go to the spoiler forum and see what they are talking about over there, but I've sworn to remain spoiler free...

11. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Just because he was [face_hypnotized] by that blue chick in AotC, that doesn't mean Lucas give a crap about the Ewwww....

I mean, he went out of his way to show her blasted repeatedly at short range! It shows just how much George Lucas HATES THE EU!

LOL!1!! GL sez EU iz teh suq!1!!11! He had it shot! that r0xx0rz!1!!

Let me show you my cannon [face_laugh] Don't you see what he meant? His cannon is better than any of that EU crap!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.