main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Events EUC Interview Thread: Now Interviewing Jedi Knight Fett!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Runjedirun, Apr 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I figured it was aobut time our community conducted some interviews so...Welcome to the EUC Interview Thread! This is the thread where you can volunteer to be interviewed so others in the community can get to know you better. I already have two volunteers Bardan_Jusik and CrazyOldHermit. If you would like to volunteer please send me a PM. I will go in order of PM's received. To start each interview I will ask 10 - 15 questions. Some of the questions will be about life in general and others will be specifically about Star Wars and/or the EU. Once my questions are complete I will open the floor so others can ask questions. At any time the person being interviewed is uncomfortable answering a question they may choose not to answer.

Bardan_Jusik will be interviewed first.

1. What brought you to the EUC?
    2. When did you become a Star Wars fan, how old were you, what hooked you?
    3. What are you hoping to see most in Episode VII?
    4. What movie concession is your favorite?
    5. What do you spend time doing when you aren't logged into TFN?

(more questions from me will follow, I will announce when the floor has been opened to others for questions ;) )

2. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I am not comfortable answering any of these questions....

OK, just kidding. :p

1. What brought you to the EUC? Tis a sordid tale of sex, lies, greed, death and destruction. Or perhaps it was back when news broke about the "New Mandalorians" in The Clone Wars animated series. I heard about it on another message board and went out searching for more news. This place popped up towards the beginning of my search and I signed up to voice my displeasure at the situation. It all seems to have worked out in the end, though I still hate the heretical "unfaithful".
    2. When did you become a Star Wars fan, how old were you, what hooked you? For as long as I can remember (so maybe since last week), but most of that time was spent as a peripheral fan. I enjoy Star Wars, but I enjoyed other franchises even more. I viewed Star Wars as fun, but with little real substance. I knew nothing of the EU until a few years ago when I started reading the Republic Commando series. That hooked me on Mandalorians and from there I have rediscovered my Star Wars fandom.
    3. What are you hoping to see most in Episode VII? Adherence to the Expanded Universe. Honestly, I just don't want them to shab it up. Which means that they will.
    4. What movie concession is your favorite? Depends on my mood. I usually smuggle in my own stuff. Cheaper that way.
    5. What do you spend time doing when you aren't logged into TFN? There are times when I am not logged in? Is that allowed? There is an actual world out there! Amazing. Actually I spend most of my free time with my wife and kids. When they aren't around and I am not here I am usually at the range or building Legos (nerd alert I am a huge Lego Star Wars fan and have a decent collection) or reading a book. My life is actually pretty dull but I don't mind.

[​IMG]

3. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    [​IMG]
    All lies, I have proof of the truth.....

4. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I always knew someone would figure how I put my wife through law school.

[​IMG]

5. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    A few more questions for Bardan_Jusik
    6. What diet and exercise plan did you follow to get the body above?
    7. What's your favorite Star Wars Lego set to date? What Lego set would you like to see most in the future?
    8. Which other franchises did you like before you got back into Star Wars, which ones do you still like?
    9. What is your favorite SW book and favorite non SW book?
    10. How did you choose your username?

6. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    More questions? All you seem to have is questions!

OK, fine.

6. What diet and exercise plan did you follow to get the body above? Bacon, lots and lots of bacon. And of course an exercise regimen that includes capturing Jedi, shooting things, blowing stuff up and making money.
    7. What's your favorite Star Wars Lego set to date? What Lego set would you like to see most in the future? Hey that's two questions! My favorite set is my UCS Millennium Falcon. Something about having a set of that nature that is in mini-figure scale is just awesome. The sad part is that it is just too big and heavy to "swoosh" around the living room and the internal framework to support all that weight means you can't play with the "insides" either. So it is more of a display piece. I have it set up with Solo and Chewie and a bunch of droids on top of it working on getting her space worthy as seen in Episode V.

My favorite set to play with though is the Death Star playset. My son and I spend hours playing with that one. It has various Death Star scenes/rooms set up from Episodes IV and VI and we do our own thing with them and create alternate scenes/scenarios. Like what if Boba Fett was there to apprehend the Falcon and caught up with Obi-Wan before he could disable the Tractor Beam? Or what if Boba Fett was there in the Throne room and tossed Luke down the shaft? Or what if Boba Fett was there in the "I find your lack of faith disturbing scene", killed everyone and took overt the Death Star for himself? Or what if Boba Fett...well y'all get the idea.

As for a set I would like to see. A UCS Slave I, scaled to mini-fig size like they did with the Falcon would be great. Either that or a StarViper. I built my own out of some spare parts, but I would love to see what the pros would do with the design and how they would bring it to Lego form.
    8. Which other franchises did you like before you got back into Star Wars, which ones do you still like? I have always been a big Star Trek fan (well up until the osik that was Enterprise and anything after that. I don't like the re-boot either). I also enjoyed Battlestar Galactica, (both old and new) as well as Babylon 5 and some others. Trek is still my favorite though, particularly Deep Space 9.
    9. What is your favorite SW book and favorite non SW book? Again with the two questions! My favorite non Star Wars book is Gates of Fire. It's a historical fiction novel about the Battle of Thermopylae. Favorite SW book is Order 66 by Karen Traviss. It has some issues with it (as nearly every SW book does) but I liked how it related to my favorite moment in the movies (Watching Order 66 unfold) plus it had a great 1st person perspective in the prologue which actually leads into the next question...
    10. How did you choose your username? Bardan Jusik is the name of a Jedi who "goes native" and leaves the order to become a Mandalorian during the Clone Wars. I thought the idea of a force using Mandalorian was fantastic and he became one of my favorite characters of the RC series. The prologue to Order 66 cemented that in my mind and so when I signed up here I took on that moniker for myself.

[​IMG]

7. CrazyOldHermit

CrazyOldHermit Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    I never thought I would hear another person say that Deep Space Nine was their favorite Trek show. Mine too!!! [face_hypnotized]

Life is complete. :p

8. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    DS9 is the source of several of my top favorite episodes. As for the series, meh I enjoy them all (even lousy reboots that ignore so much that the suspension of belief went from science fiction to fantasy levels). Good for you on having a favorite ;) Also, I like your lego display for the falcon! Great idea. I just have my odd bounty hunter and storm commando standing back to back ontop of my favorite lego starfighter :p

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  9. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    I have a Lego Slave one....... :D

10. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I have two, but they don't make one in minifig scale....

[​IMG]

11. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    11. If you could have dinner with the real Bardan Jusik (just pretend you could travel back in time to a GFFA) what would you ask him?
    12. What is your favorite scene in a SW movie?
    13. What is your favorite non SW movie?
    14. If time and expense were not factors and you could build your own Mandalorian armor what colors would it be?
    15. What character/s do you hope to see most in Episode VII?

A big Thank You to Bardan for going first!

These are my final questions for Bardan_Jusik After he has answered you all may feel free to ask him questions. Please do not ask more than 2 questions at a time. And remember he doesn't have to answer anything he's not comfortable with ;)

CrazyOldHermit will be up next, I'll probably start his interview in a couple of days :)

12. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    11. If you could have dinner with the real Bardan Jusik (just pretend you could travel back in time to a GFFA) what would you ask him? To get me a good set of beskar'gam, how to build a lightsaber and to pass the salt.
    12. What is your favorite scene in a SW movie? It's a toss up between several. I love the entire Order 66 montage (sorry kids, just not a fan of the Jedi) and of course just about any scene in Empire that Boba is in, he is the true star of that movie in my mind. But my most favorite is probably the fight scene on Kamino between Jango and Obi-Wan in Episode II.
    13. What is your favorite non SW movie? Tough one. I like Blackhawk Down and a new recent favorite of mine is Lone Survivor. I am also a fan of The Departed.
    14. If time and expense were not factors and you could build your own Mandalorian armor what colors would it be? I have actually given this one a lot of thought over the years because some day I do want to make myself a decent set of beskar'gam and maybe even join one of the fan groups. It's expensive though, and I tend to be a perfectionist so it is also a project I am leery about getting involved with. I generally prefer darker colors so blacks and grey, with maybe a little bit of red accenting.
    15. What character/s do you hope to see most in Episode VII? I want to see Boba Fett, alive and well and still kicking shebs.

[​IMG]

13. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    I have a question… or two. :p

How do you feel about the evolving concepts surrounding Mandalore and do you feel that GL's vision of them can still work together with what the EU had developed in the novels?

Adalia-Durron and Runjedirun like this.
  14. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    How do you feel about the evolving concepts surrounding Mandalore and do you feel that GL's vision of them can still work together with what the EU had developed in the novels? There have always been issues even between what was portrayed in various comics and books and then of course what we saw on screen in TCW and the movies as well. From what we understood about the origins of Boba Fett to the warrior past (and present) of the Mandalorians, things have always seemed to be in a state of flux. The best we can ever do is accept what we are seeing and then go back and ret-con what we have been told before to fit in with the new and evolving narrative of who the Mandalorians are. I have no doubt that things will continue to change, but that we can fit those changes into the exisiting framework of what we have now.

[​IMG]

15. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    I have a tongue'n'cheek question, so if this : [​IMG]

Became the new ultimate Mando, you would be fine with that?

CrazyOldHermit and Runjedirun like this.
  16. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I saw that set the other day and I want it just for the EE-3 carbine. To answer your question though....no. :p

[​IMG]

17. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    If you could sit down and talk to one of the OT and one of the PT actors/ actresses about SW for an hour, who would you pick and what would you ask them?

18. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Honestly, even given the opportunity to sit down with any of them I doubt I would want to. It may sound like a snarky answer but it's the truth. :p I have never been one much for hero worship of people who portray a character on screen, or are "famous" in any way. Just not my thing.

[​IMG]

19. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    My first thought was to qualify my above question more within the spirit in which it was intended, but then realized that sometimes by not answering a question, a person can share something more interesting about themselves, than if they had. ;)

OK, this one is just for fun...so please suspend your disbelief just for a moment...

Phillip Wise's assistant calls you with a request to retrieve a guest from the airport who is making a brief appearance at a local sci-fi convention in your area. Well aware of your temperament, the assistant says that Mr. Wise feels confident that your demeanor will be perfect for this anonymous SW guest, who is not interested in being placed on a pedestal. You agree to the rendezvous and meet a stocky guy wearing a hoodie, baseball cap and sunglasses. He shakes your hand without speaking and gets in the backseat of your car.

Still unsure of who you are transporting, you observe in the rear-view mirror that the passenger is looking around at the interior of your car and begins to grin at all of the Mandalorian decals and other stuff adorning your vehicle. He finally pulls back his hood, takes off his ball cap and removes his glasses to reveal that he's Temuera Morrison, who then speaks for the first time, "What did you think of how GL 'offed-me' in AOTC?"

20. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    ;)

I have often mentioned how I felt the battle he had with Mace was not epic enough for my tastes. Sadly, given what we saw in the battle he had with Obi-Wan earlier I think such a battle would be seen as redundant by a majority of fans.

Oh and as a bonus, despite my son calling my car Slave I (while he pretends to be little Boba blasting away at osikla drivers and bad traffic) I actually have nothing on or in my vehicle that would identify me as a Star Wars fan.

[​IMG]

21. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Two (2) questions:

1. How did you come up with the characters of Beskaryc Taab and Beskaryc Taab :p that you use in the RPF for Elite League Limmie and Intervention, respectively?
    2. What a) drew you into roleplaying at first and b) keeps you coming back for more roleplaying?

Runjedirun likes this.
  22. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    1. How? Beats the shab out of me. Both characters just kind of came to me, though I tried to create them to "fit into" the games that they have found themselves. :p For ELL Taab I needed a character that could act as the team owner since that was the spot I wanted to play from initially. I patterned him as a Mark Cuban or Jerry Jones style owner with the added issues of having some pretty lofty political aspirations. I had initially planned to use the character up until The Mercs won a championship and then have him realize his dreams of becoming Mand'alor, but I accelerated those because I found writing as the team owner was too restrictive. I have much more fun with him now in his smaller appearances when he can act more as a Mandalorian.
    1. A lot more thought went into Intervention Taab as a character. For Limmie tab I just wanted someone fun to play within the context of that game. For Intervention there were some themes I wanted to explore with the character. I wanted someone war weary. Someone who had been there and done that and really had nothing left to prove to himself or anyone else. Someone who didn't need to fight anymore for the money either, but a man who really didn't know how to step away from it all. He wouldn't know what to do with himself. He isn't as egotistical as Limmie Taab, being a much more understated individual (limmie Taab is far more...bombastic) but he makes up for that by being far more violent and even sociopathic. He really doesn't care about anyone or anything save for himself and his family. He makes up for that lack of caring by taking on contracts and doing his job, those fill that emotional void and keep him on the rails so to speak. Without a contract telling him who and what to kill/hunt/destroy/capture he would just go off on everyone and everything. That of course gets to contrast with the ideas of raising an adopted son, a war orphan, who he cares very much about bringing into manhood. He is probably the most complicated character I have ever come up with and balancing his various aspects is fun, yet time consuming.
    2. I was drawn into the RPF from the EUC. There was a very short lived game launched from here where our characters would play as X-Wing pilots, fighting for the Rebels. I joined for the opportunity to play as a Mandalorian. The game didn't last long, DRL hit everyone pretty hard at the same time I think, but it created a new itch for me to scratch. I found in that short time I really enjoyed playing a Mandalorian and after a while playing I branched out and tried other characters too. It's fun to put yourself in the place of the characters you create and try to act as they would act given different circumstances.

[​IMG]

23. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Thanks so much for going first Bardan!

Introducing our second volunteer CrazyOldHermit Welcome to the hot seat! Here is your first set of questions:

1. What brought you to the EUC?
    2. When did you become a Star Wars fan, how old were you, what hooked you?
    3. What are you hoping to see most in Episode VII?
    4. What movie concession is your favorite?
    5. What do you spend time doing when you aren't logged into TFN?

24. CrazyOldHermit

CrazyOldHermit Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    Nobody said there would be a test!!!:eek:

1. What brought you to the EUC? Well, I used to come to tfn to check out the book release schedule. One day I noticed the place had a forum. So I went in and found myself in the Lit. forum. It was a couple weeks before I even knew there was a EUC. I found it suited me much better than Lit. and pretty much all the others I visited. And then I found the X-Wing thread. I knew it was destiny. :p

2. When did you become a Star Wars fan, how old were you, what hooked you? Since I was probably about seven or so. So somewhere around the time RoTJ came out. I guess it was the excitement of it all. And Vader of course. He's still one of my favorite characters. Second only to Kenobi. :pAnyway, I didn't get into the EU until around 1992. I didn't even know it existed. I discovered the novel Jedi Search and here I am so many years later.

3. What are you hoping to see most in Episode VII?I would like to see a good blending of the original characters and the next generation. Make them all of significance to the story. It would be nice if they also honored some of the EU as well.

4. What movie concession is your favorite?Can't beat a classic like popcorn. :D

5. What do you spend time doing when you aren't logged into TFN? I spend a great deal of time with my wife and son. Reading of course, classic cars, and I do enjoy other sci-fi and fantasy films and shows.

Yay!! Did I pass?

25. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    That was only the first part of the test [face_devil] I have more questions CrazyOldHermit

6. What is your favorite SW book and favorite non SW book?
    7. So your an X-wing fan, who's your favorite pilot in the book series and why?
    8. What is your favorite non Star Wars movie?
    9. If you could buy any car what type of car would you buy? (year, model, color)
    10. What TV shows do you watch, which is your favorite?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.