main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub ~~EUC Jedi~~ The Guardians of Light

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by CPL_Macja, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    And which book would that be Mitth_Fisto?

2. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    The Jedi academy books, Kyp takes the suncrusher and blows up a couple of star systems including the Cardia system

3. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    Would anyone here say that is unforgivable? should such a person be required to accept punishment in lethal format?

4. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Kyp was acting under the influence of a Sith Lord. He snapped out of it when Exar Kun was defeated in time not to shoot the Falcon. Luke gave Kyp another chance to prove he can be better.

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  5. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    How about a non lethal punishment?

6. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    I believe that Luke's decision was sound. Jedi should seek to administer justice, but not when there is clearly a non-lethal alternative. Now the big question is was Master Windu's actions in the Chancellor's office then justified or was there a clear non-lethal alternative that he could have pursued?

7. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Instead of forcing the arrest issue by igniting their sabers, Mace could've placed Palpatine under arrest without really letting on that he knew the truth about him, then if Palpatine reacted violently then it would give the council permission to use lethal force. But they went about it the wrong way.

8. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Oh the new TOR novel, whatchimecallit CPL

Lethal is as lethal does, if Mace and company had truly entered the Chancellors ready for bear they could of called in Order ?? that the chancellor was against the Republic and had the clones on their side. Which might of left a non-lethal solution, or left the Chancillor dead instead of all of them. Most do not realize but there was an order that would of turned the clones against the chancellor.

Chewbacca89 likes this.
  9. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    I'm not so sure. Killing anyone is never good. But unfortunately there are situations where it is the only choice, unless you want to die or watch innocents die. In all my years in the galaxy I think what Mace did made him unpopular but he should still be respected for being willing to protect.

10. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    [face_thinking]

Darn it Mitthy...don't give me fanfic ideas!!

:p

11. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    In that case would you say that Palpatine's assertion of the Jedi being "blinded by their arrogance" was true?

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  12. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Clearly the Council should have hired a Mandalorian to assassinate the Chancellor from afar.. With Ol' Palpy dead they could have "taken over to ensure a smooth transition" and blamed the CIS for the assassination. :p

[​IMG]

13. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Let me remind you, once again, assassination is not the Jedi way. Just ask Jacen Solo. ;)

14. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Oh yeah, I forgot about you strange moral code. :p

[​IMG]

15. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    No. Being force users, able to take military action and knowledgeable about political happenings made it impossible for anyone but a Jedi to handle the whole Palpetine situation. A non-force-user would have been killed in cold blood either by Palpetine himself or by assassins sent by him. Palpetine was a direct and immediate threat to potentially all the galaxy.

16. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Underestimating Palpy is a bad thing for sure.

17. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Yes, at least in part. Even Yoda in a way agreed when he stated that more over-confidence was creeping up in the Jedi in Ep II hallway scene from his hover chair.

18. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Do you think that Palps confession to Anakin was precisely timed in order that Mace would be the one who would have to deal with the situation?

Personally, I think that it could have been better managed -- just pointing out to Anakin that Palps being Dooku's boss made Palps the one behind all the attempts on Padme's life might well have turned Anakin against Palps.

Also keeping Anakin occupied with a making a legal deposition (for circulation amongst the Senate Committee responsible for calling Order 55 - IIRC) would have kept Anakin occupied.

Does anyone know if the old law (enacted after Revan's rampage) that Sith were automatically criminals was still extant?

19. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I think if Anakin knew the truth behind Dooku's actions he would've went after Palpatine and never bothered to think twice about whacking him. I mean Anakin did eventually kill him in Return of the Jedi. Maybe he got fed up with the way Palpatine was treating his family...

20. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    I find it very suprising how easily Anakin joined Palps. He seemed pretty intelligent and should have been able to realize just how much Palps was responsible for.

21. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I know, but then when you think about it, it would ruin the original trilogy movies. So it had to happen regardless....

22. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Yea thats true. But, they could have him realizing all of Palps actions and still submitting just because of the chance to save Padme. Just because he HAD to fall doesnt mean it couldnt have played out differently.

23. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003

That'd be my territory...... [face_devil]

24. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    true shakes plot bunny off her ankle.

25. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
Thread Status: