main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Everybody and Yo Mama Wants to Be in Ep. VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Lord Tyrannus, Nov 5, 2012.

1. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    [quote="Han Shot First, post: 50235860, member: 1376202![/quote]
    Yes there was good acting in the OT as the actors could deliver their lines without sounding like robot's. Droids and most X-Wing pilot's aside![/quote]

Agreed about the robot thing, the one that sticks in my mind is Sam Jacksons "A Sith Lord !" :D

Han Shot First likes this.
  2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    They should have Ewan play Luke in the ST :eek:8-}

3. Ron Fett

Ron Fett Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    Stick him in a Jedi holocron and call it good.

4. Han Shot First

Han Shot First Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    I don't hate any movie as I actually have a life! Are you telling me his line's were not delivered in a very robotic fashion?

5. Han Shot First

Nov 29, 2012
    Yes there was good acting in the OT as the actors could deliver their lines without sounding like robot's. Droids and most X-Wing pilot's aside![/quote]

Agreed about the robot thing, the one that sticks in my mind is Sam Jacksons "A Sith Lord !" :D[/quote]
    I love Sam Jackson, the frustration with the dialogue was written all over his face throughout!

6. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    at first i was like "It would be nice to see Ewan reprise his role as Obi-Wan." but now i'm like "how the heck would they do that?

7. Han Shot First

Nov 29, 2012
    I actually thought that Mark Hamill's acting in ESB, when Vader delivered the big reveal was pretty awesome stuff!

8. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    It is in a book, however, I agree it isnt the plot I want to see. I believe Obi Wan's time is over, this is a story about the Skywalker family, so lets see a new generation, not one from 2 generations ago. Needless to say, if Obi Wan appears young, it better be in a recording or holorecording

9. Han Shot First

Nov 29, 2012
    The whole cloning thing has to go. It's very lazy writing.

10. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Yeah it was....except for his bizaare woodchuck impression. Those teeth!

11. Han Shot First

Nov 29, 2012
    Here man, did that car crash not mess up his teeth? Maybe they were temporary caps until the cash rolled in!

12. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Yeah I forgot he got in a car crash when ESB came out. Did it really wreck his teeth?

13. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    The PT hardly killed Portman's career, she'd not exactly done much of note besides Leon before and since she's done a lot.

A guy like Christopher Lee is a veteran and experienced at playing villains, he can interpret from the script how to deliver the lines if the director won't direct it to him. Guys like Hayden struggle with that.

yggdrasil311 and Panakas_Dawg like this.
  14. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I haven't really been impressed with anything that I've seen with Hayden. I still need to see Life as a House and Shattered Glass, but he was fairly forgettable in Awake and Jumper.

15. jps78

jps78 Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 27, 2005
    Actually guys I think its necessary to have a force ghost in EPVII, one of them needs to teach Luke how to become one with the force. I think it would be cool if all three of them appear through out.

16. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I mean there was a clone war. But to the average movie goer, cloning your primary characters is never a good idea. It gets to confusing and convoluted. It exists within the universe. However, my least favorite part of the Thrawn series was cloning Luke. Completely unnecessary, other than that it was a great series. I feel like the people hating on Hamill and wanting McGregor back are all PT fans. It simply doesnt make sense to have a character who died in 4 return in 7. I can see a Boba resurrection from the sarclac pit from 6 to 7. Characters that survived 6 will definitely appear in 7 (probably with their original actors)

17. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Qui Gon as the Force Ghost Prime!

18. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    That makes no sense, you can see footage of Lucas micro-directing Hayden's performance in the special features of the ROTS DVD.

19. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    I think Hayden got the most instruction of all (and I don't think he was happy with everything). The rest could improvise more. Lee actually asked Lucas to change Dooku's death scene.

20. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Lucas directing is not really directing, if he was any good he might have produced better performances.

"Faster & more intense" is not direction.

21. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Ah, one of those sophisticated individuals. :rolleyes:

Panakas_Dawg, Veloz and LawJedi like this.
  22. KudosDas

KudosDas Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 14, 2005
    Ewen as an old Obi-Wan, sure, I'm down. Much better, and more respectful in my opinion, than trying to do some sort of CGI Alec Quinness version. It would be interesting to see some or all of the Jedi mains (Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Yada, Anakin) manifest to tell Luke that his end is nearing, that the big bad(s) is approaching, and that he must preparing himself and his apprentice for both. I don't know if I'd want to see them all appear together, but I think a way of pulling it off might be the way they showed serial "force ghosts" in the Legacy series, or else have them appear very briefly but spaced apart, each with their own tidbit of information or warning. We are going to see ties in the ST to both the OT and PT, and having some of the most iconic Jedi from the PT at least briefly appear is a fairly easy way of doing it. Plus, force ghosts are already an established part of the cannon and would set the stage for recently deceased Luke to appear in Episodes 8 and 9 in a similar vein to how Obi-Wan appeared in 5 and 6.

23. Fettcrom

Fettcrom Jedi Youngling

Jun 29, 2004
    Hamill often gets a bad wrap but he is great in the OT. He sells the character of Luke and really shows the characters growth. I hope he comes back for the ST. The idea of Ewan coming back is interesting whether it be as a recording or a force ghost. It could also be cheap or lame or just not required.

But I'm game for anything at this point. It could be good to link the PT and the ST.

24. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    I'm all for force ghostie Ben showing up to give Luke some advice, and naturally i'm all for aging Ewan if that's the case.

Ok dont hate me, but to this day i cant watch that scene without laughing. To me, that's one of the worse acting moments. The way he twists his mouth when he says "That's impossible" just floors me [face_rofl] [face_blush]

Panakas_Dawg likes this.
  25. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    He's generally solid in TESB and ROTJ but those weird contortions in that scene are always killing me.

Veloz likes this.