main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Excelsior!! The Marvel Universe on Film (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Jedi Merkurian , Jul 25, 2008.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I think a lot of the connections will become more relevant over time. They've been very careful with how they've words some of those tidbits for the fans.

I think as Marvel Studios begins to expand their portfolio of films, and projects like Black Panther or lesser known characters like Runaways, Luke Cage & Ka-Zar start to be released, you'll see a fleshing out of those details to help contribute to the larger story being told across the different films.

One thing I've really liked so far is that they've managed to make a series of films that connect together, yet have different feels and approaches by themselves. Iron Man has that tech/Batman edge, TIH had a Bourne style to it, Thor went with the Shakespearean family drama and Cap went for that WW2 serial approach.

With Ant-Man said to be a mixture of 1960's and present day stories, that'll bring a different feel to the group as well (something that First Class, IMO, did well- though they took the 60's Bond approach, and are said to be doing the 70's next, which gives a nice sort of alternate history to things).

2. jacktherack

jacktherack Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2008
    I so want an Iron Fist movie. But only if Ray Park will play Danny rand. he is a seriously underrated actor/stuntman. He was really the only good thing about phantom menace. And he turned toad from the lamest character to an awesome bad***. Heck he was the sole reason i saw the G.I Joe movie.

I apologize if this is off topic but one thing i don't like about the movies is that they barely follow the source material at all. Even the X-men animated series from the 90s which was meant for little kids was more faithful then the movies. I think the reason is that they have to change it because it is only 2 hours long. While a show can follow it more closely.

I also wish they had an live action adult show on television for marvel, that follows the source material as close or closer then the x-men show. Except don't have the toned down violence.

3. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    How about a Danny Ketch "Ghost Rider" movie (forget nick cage)? Who would you cast in that?

How about another Punisher movie? It took 3 tries, but they finally got it right. Not sure that Disney is going to be comfortable making another movie with that character.