main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~*~Fair Days~*~ (JA fic by Cassia)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by SiriGallia, May 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SiriGallia

SiriGallia Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2001
    Note: That this is Cassia's fic I DIDN'T WRITE IT!! I'm just posting it on behalf of her! So all the credit for this fic goes directly to her :)

Title: Fair Days

Author: Cassia

Email: cassia_a@hotmail.com

Category: Drama (age 13; between JA#10 and JA#11)

Summary: Obi-Wan hopes that an annual event that he has loves since childhood will serve to bring he and his Master closer together. When Qui-Gon is unable to go, Obi-Wan meets up with a lonely little girl and events go rather differently then planned, but prove that all things eventually work together for good for everyone.

Rating: G

Spoilers: Minor ones for the JA books
    Disclaimer: All recognizable Star Wars characters are the exclusive property of George Lucas. All others belong to me. I have no official permission to use these characters, but I'm not being paid for it either, so that's okay.

Author's Note: See? I can write nice stories sometimes. :D Things bracketed by *'s are *italic*. Feedback is always appreciated. Unfortunately, this is going to be my last fic for a while. Nothing is wrong, I'm just incredibly busy lately and have been finding no time to write anything :eek:( But don't worry, I'm sure it's a temperary situation only; I'm going to be on a little writing hiatus for a while. This story is a mostly lightish, kind of sweet little peice, hope you like it! =D

Fair Days: Part 1

Obi-Wan Kenobi walked slowly down the fairway of the annual Coruscant traveling fair. The mobile amusement park moved around the planet slowly over the course of a standard year, making it a well-loved annual event in many cities.

The fair had been a yearly tradition for his particular Initiate group since he was six years old. It was particularly special to Obi-Wan because it always fell the week of his birthday.

Last year was the first time he had missed it in the past seven years. Last year at this time he had been trapped in slave labor on a deep-sea mining platform on the planet Bandomeer. Last year at this time no one wanted him, especially not Qui-Gon.

So much had happened so fast since then. First he was, then he wasn't, Qui-Gon's Padawan. He had seen people die before his eyes; Cerasi, innocent children on Melida/Daan, Bruck, Xanatos...

The boy felt he had aged decades in the past year. He felt confident now about his future with the Jedi, about the path he was to follow, if only he could feel quite that confident about his place with them, and about his Master.

The young Jedi had just come off of probation for the Melida/Daan incident two weeks ago. True to his word, Qui-Gon officially took Obi-Wan back as his Padawan, although he had scarcely treated him as otherwise during the probation period.

Obi-Wan knew that Qui-Gon believed he should be a Knight and at last was sure that it was a path they were meant to follow together, but lately, there was a strange ache in Obi-Wan's chest that that knowledge would not fill.

Qui-Gon was a good Master and their bond was deepening quickly, but the elder Jedi still seemed somehow... removed from Obi-Wan's life. They trained together daily, and Qui-Gon was nothing if not an excellent teacher, but Obi-Wan had had teachers before and something inside him wanted more from Qui-Gon then that.

Obi-Wan knew Qui-Gon was pleased with his aptitude and skill. Knew that the Master was pleased with the leaps and bounds he was making towards controlling the anger and fear that had initially made Qui-Gon, still hurting from the fall of his last Padawan, reject him. As a student, as a Padawan, Obi-Wan knew that Qui-Gon accepted and approved of him. But what about as a person? Did Qui-Gon even care what he was like outside the training rooms? So much of their time together had been spent in action. Obi-Wan knew that they could fight together, but it took more than a good fighting team to cement a relationship.

Perhaps that was why he had wanted so badly to share this with his Master.

2. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Oh, poor Obi's always in trouble. It's nice to see him have some fun for a change - even if it won't last long.

I've already read this on a list, but I don't mind reading it again. And Cassia is such a wonderful writer. :)

3. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    I remember this story! :) Cassia always writes good ones, it will be a pleasure to read it again. :)

4. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    So nice to find a new Qui/Obi story,especially with it being a holiday weekend.Waiting for another post.PEACE Ewen

5. Sarah_K

Sarah_K Jedi Master star 4

Jun 10, 2001
    YEHAAAA! CassiaCassiaCassia! And don't worry, it's okay if you need to take a break. No matter what we say about 'Darth' Real Life, he's actually much more important than TheForce.Net (and please, nobody lynch me) ;)

Wonderful characters and senario (as usual), but everyone's right: No matter what he does, Obi always seems to get into trouble. Poor kid! Ditto for Jezi; it's sad how many kids like her there are in the world. Let's hope her story at least has a happy ending! (hint hint) :)

Particularly liked the way she hadn't expected to see Obi coming back after he went to get them drinks and the way she took his advice on running off seriously because she knew he meant it.

Eagerly awaiting more!

Sarah >^,,^<

6. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I know I have read some of Cassia's stories before, but I don't remember this one.

7. Tahiri

Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    LOL!!!!!!!!!! Poor, sweet lil' Obi... he'll end up getting arrested and all that stuff and being blamed with hurting Jezi... ahahahahaha that's so great!! *ahem* In a bad way, of course... Hehe gotta love Obi-Torture...

8. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Always enjoy another Cassia story!! Electric blue hair and wild face paint??? Thought for a moment Obi-Wan ran across my daughter. [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Finally manages to have a bit of fun at the fair and Jezi's got to go acting spoiled. I can imagine the kind of trouble poor Obi's about to get in!!

9. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Title: Fair Days (archived: 2002.05.20)

Category: Drama (age 13; between JA#10 and JA#11)

Summary: Obi-Wan hopes that an annual event that he has loves since childhood will serve to bring he and his Master closer together. When Qui-Gon is unable to go, Obi-Wan meets up with a lonely little girl and events go rather differently then planned, but prove that all things eventually work together for good for everyone.

Disclaimer: All recognizable Star Wars characters are the exclusive property of George Lucas. All others belong to me. I have no official permission to use these characters, but I'm not being paid for it either, so that's okay.

Author's Note: See? I can write nice stories sometimes. :D Things bracketed by *'s are *italic*. Feedback is always appreciated. Unfortunately, this is going to be my last fic for a while. Nothing is wrong, I'm just incredibly busy lately and have been finding no time to write anything :eek:( But don't worry, I'm sure it's a temperary situation only; I'm going to be on a little writing hiatus for a while. This story is a mostly lightish, kind of sweet little peice, hope you like it! =D

Fair Days: Part 2

"What'd you do to her? What's going on?" the bouncer for the bar they had been in front of demanded. Hearing Jezi's screams had brought him out just in time to see what looked like a struggle between the older boy and the little girl, ending up with the girl knocked senseless on the pavement. Jezi's wild looking get-up did nothing to assure the man that these were responsible people.

"Nothing, this isn't what it looks like..." Obi-Wan started to explain as he tried to pull out of the choking grip the man had on his tunic.

The bouncer did not respond well to that and punched the boy in the face. "Sure it isn't, little bastard! She's just a baby!"

Obi-Wan was caught totally off guard and didn't even duck. Stunned, the Padawan wiped his bleeding lip with the side of his hand.

A Security officer arrived then and also demanded to know what happened.

"This kid attacked that little girl. I saw him, she screamed and he knocked her out," the bouncer told him.

Obi-Wan shook his head, still slightly dazed. "No, that's not what happened, we're friends, really, it was all an accident!"

Unfortunately other witnesses questioned reported having seen what looked like Jezi fleeing with Obi-Wan giving chase. When he caught her there was a struggle, she screamed and then they went down. To an outsider it looked very bad.

"Please, just wake her up, she'll tell you I wasn't attacking her!" Obi-Wan was beginning to become alarmed.

A second Security officer who had been checking Jezi looked up then. "Not a chance of that happening to soon. She's out cold, may have a concussion. We've got to get her to a med-center."

Obi-Wan felt sick. "Will she be okay?" he managed to ask.

"We don't know that yet," the officer said darkly. "Hey Jalen, you know who this girl is," she added. "This is Ambassador Alador Du- Brek's daughter. They've had an APB out on her since this morning."

"Are you sure?" her partner asked, his face darkening.

"Absolutely. "With this hair, she's pretty hard to miss."

"Then it looks like you're under arrest under suspicion of assault *and* kidnapping," the officer said calmly.

"There's been a mistake," Obi-Wan protested, still in a state of disbelief. No one was listening to him.

In a numb daze, Obi-Wan felt them pull his arms behind his back and clap them into a set of binders while one of the officers repeated his rights. An emergency vehicle arrived to whisk Jezi away to a med-center while the officers guided Obi-Wan into their patrol unit and took him down to the station.

Scanned, ID-ed and booked, Obi-Wan was put in a questioning room. He was not alone there for long.

It seemed that when Jezi's guardian realized she was missing, the poor lady had

10. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    It seems like no matter where you are in the galaxy, the news media is always one step ahead. Lucky for Obi-Wan this time.

11. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    I have read this one before, I still love it, and it can't hurt to read a great story twice ;)

12. Sarah_K

Jun 10, 2001
    Ah, poor Obi-Wan. Even in a nice mild Cassia story, he can't avoid a little torture. ;)

As for his situation: I knew that was going to happen. Jezi's a sweet girl, but she's just a little stupid as well. I mean, he tells her flat out that even *he* isn't old enough to go into one of the clubs, and what does she do? She throws a screaming fit! *sigh* Maybe she'll have learned her lesson when this is done.

At least Qui-Gon's to the rescue! When I heard that he was with Jezi's father, I figured, "Oh, this is good! Now he's in a position to find Obi-Wan quickly before anything bad happens to him!" Uh, not really. In fact his position ended up slowing him down. :(

HELP YOUR BOY, QUI-GON!!!

*ahem* Sorry, I always get a little crazy on Cassia's threads. It's something about the way she writes... To quote Han/Lando: It's not my fault. :p

Sarah >^,,^<

13. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Title: Fair Days (archived: 2002.05.20)

Category: Drama (age 13; between JA#10 and
    JA#11)

Summary: Obi-Wan hopes that an annual event
    that he has loves since childhood will serve
    to bring he and his Master closer together.
    When Qui-Gon is unable to go, Obi-Wan meets
    up with a lonely little girl and events go
    rather differently then planned, but prove
    that all things eventually work together for
    good for everyone.

Disclaimer: All recognizable Star Wars
    characters are the exclusive property of
    George Lucas. All others belong to me. I
    have no official permission to use these
    characters, but I'm not being paid for it
    either, so that's okay.

Author's Note: See? I can write nice stories
    sometimes. :D Things bracketed by *'s are
    *italic*. Feedback is always appreciated.
    Unfortunately, this is going to be my last
    fic for a while. Nothing is wrong, I'm just
    incredibly busy lately and have been finding
    no time to write anything :eek:( But don't
    worry, I'm sure it's a temperary situation
    only; I'm going to be on a little writing
    hiatus for a while. This story is a mostly
    lightish, kind of sweet little peice, hope
    you like it! =D

Fair Days: Part 3

Obi-Wan jerked as the lead question man pressed a thin, pen-shaped object to the Jedi's neck for the dozenth time, releasing a small, painful electric jolt.

They seemed to prefer this to outright beating him, because it left no marks to create bad press later.

Obi-Wan grit his teeth, but the pain was getting bad. He was confused and distressed. He still did not understand how all this could have happened. Did they really want him to confess to something he hadn't done? Where was the justice in it?

Pressing the stick against the boy's neck and leaving it there, the man determined to make Obi-Wan cry.

Obi-Wan tried to twist away from the painful touch, but the other two held him still.

The pain washed over Obi-Wan in waves, bringing tears he could not help to his eyes.

Suddenly, it was gone. The door burst open and someone grabbed the arm holding it to him away, twisting it behind the questioner's back and pressing them man against the wall in one smooth, but forceful movement.

"Master!" Obi-Wan choked back a sob that he felt was too weak for him to show.

"Master Jinn I protest! I told you! You have no authority to be back here!" A security officer called, running after the Jedi into the room.

Qui-Gon turned on the officer with ice in his eyes. "And these men," he said fiercely, brandishing the instrument he had taken from the questioner. "Have no authority to use torture to question a boy who has been proven guilty of no crime!"

The officer's eyes widened at the sight of the device. It was obvious that they had not realized what was going on in here. Alador entered then.

"Master Jinn, what...?"

"Ambassador," Qui-Gon bowed quickly. "There has been some mistake. The boy they are holding for your daughter's assault is my apprentice. I do not know what happened, but I can assure you that Obi-Wan did not try to harm your daughter, which is more than I can say for what your men did to him."

Alador looked completely flustered. "But-but this is just a child!" he sputtered when he saw Obi-Wan, still cuffed to his chair. "I thought... I mean, I never would have authorized... for a child! Your apprentice..." the Ambassador sat down heavily.

"Oh Gol I've made a mess of things!" he moaned, sinking his head in his hands.

"Somebody get that kid out of those cuffs!" he ordered brusquely. "I've just come from the med-center. Adel woke up. She told me everything that happened. It seems young Obi-Wan here was telling the truth and we owe him a huge debt, and apology."

Obi-Wan rubbed his wrists shakily. Too much had happened a little too fast and he felt as if he were lagging a few steps behind. Did this mean he wasn't in t

14. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Happy little sigh. A Cassia JA fic. :D

15. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    :D :D A Cassia fic! :D :D

That was very sweet and mushy. Simply wonderful. Is there any more?

~Swede :p

16. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    My day always gets so much better with a Cassia fic. They are just so angsty! I'm glad that Obi gets to go to the fair with Qui. Don't you just love happy endings? (Or was it the end? :confused:)

KenobisGirl :cool:

17. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
  18. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Nope, there's one more! I'll post it a little later :)

19. Sarah_K

Jun 10, 2001
    The dilema of coming in late: everyone else has already said exactly what you were thinking!!!

Well, here's the few items that I don't think have been mentioned yet:

Thank goodness they didn't end up bloodying him up this time around... I also really liked the fact that the Ambassador didn't realize how old Obi-Wan was! I wouldn't agree with that kind of questioning on anybody, but it does shift a little of the blame off the poor frantic guy's shoulders. Qui-Gon really makes a lovely dramatic entrance, doesn't he? Of course, he's had a lot of practice...

And Jezi's okay, and Obi-Wan gave good advice (like he always does), and Qui-Gon read between the lines, and they're all going to live happily ever after (for a change), right? I can't wait!!

Sarah >^,,^<

20. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Here's the last post! I hope you liked this fic as much as I did ;)

Title: Fair Days

Category: Drama (age 13; between JA#10 and
    JA#11)

Disclaimer: All recognizable Star Wars
    characters are the exclusive property of George Lucas. All others belong to me. I have no official permission to use these characters, but I'm not being paid for it either, so that's okay.

Fair Days: Conclusion

The next day was beautiful. It was arguably the best birthday that Obi-Wan had ever had. He and Qui-Gon were indeed the first to arrive at the fair grounds.

"I'm a little lost Padawan," Qui-Gon smiled between bites of the fried dough-stick they had purchased from one of the vendors as a sort of breakfast. "It has been many years since I've been any place like this. You'll have to re-aquatint me. What shall we do first?" he inquired, delighting in the radiant glow that animated his Padawan today.

"Oh, we've got to ride the slam-coaster!" Obi-Wan said excitedly, finishing the last of his food.

Qui-Gon raised an eyebrow. "Are you sure that's a good idea?" he queried, thinking of the delicious but entirely greasy breakfast they had just devoured.

"Oh, um, well..." Obi-Wan hesitated and Qui-Gon realized the boy was quickly reverting to apprentice mode, trying to weigh the balance of the options before him.

"Forget it," Qui-Gon shook his head. "Don't think. Let's just do it."

Obi-Wan stared at the Master with something between shock and delight. "Okay!"

Obi-Wan quickly found that even flying in combat was not exactly the same as riding a coaster and one did not steal the enjoyment from the other.

"You touched Padawan," Qui-Gon teased over the whir and clack of the anti-grav and screams of the other riders. Obi-Wan's hands had come in contact with the restraint bar during a particularly steep drop.

"Well you're using the Force to hold on, I can feel it!" Obi-Wan shot back with a smile.

After riding the coaster three times in a row, it was time to move on. Qui-Gon smiled secretly to himself, watching Obi-Wan when the boy was not paying attention. This was, perhaps, not entirely his type of thing, but seeing the enjoyment it was giving his Padawan was reason enough to make Qui-Gon happy.

They had worked hard and been through much, even Jedi needed a holiday every once in a while. It was something that Qui-Gon had forgotten over the past years, but he was remembering now.

The Zipper was next and after that the day blended into a happy blur of activities. It was really not so important what they did, as that they did it together.

When night finally came and the fair began to close the two Jedi wound their way happily, but wearily to the exit.

"I never knew having fun could be as tiring as fighting Torogian pirates," Qui-Gon said with a wry smile, watching Obi-Wan work on a bright green wand of cloud-candy. It was sheer sugar and Qui-Gon didn't know how the boy could stand to eat it, but he remembered that somehow he had managed quite well when he was Obi-Wan's age.

21. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    :)

I loved Blu. It sounds just like the giant yellow bear I won at Dave&Busters last year at my friend's (34th) b-day party!!

22. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    "I don't think so. That thing is NOT going in *my* living room."

Oh, LOL! This has been fun! Great story! Definitely enjoyable!

KenobisGirl :p

23. LittleGreenTroll

LittleGreenTroll Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 12, 2002
    Oh, *sigh* [face_love] this was a lovely story. I can't believe, that this was the last story for a long time. Makes me feel sad :( . I love Cassia's stories, all of them.
    Please make it a short break.... :_|

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.