main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~Faith Burning~ (UPDATED 03/23/03)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Frazzled_Pip, Oct 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frazzled_Pip

Frazzled_Pip Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 20, 2002
    UPDATED 03/23/03

Main Character:
    Lilanniah Harenae

Other Characters (listed as when they appear in story):
    Jerushka Harenae
    Micah Harenae
    Liam Harenae
    Jedi Master Yoda
    Jedi Master Fetrin Harenae
    Anakin Skywalker
    Jedi Master/General Obi Wan Kenobi
    Queen Amidala
    Dark Jedi Krelin Pawach
    Phalen Peregryne
    an array of Jedis in the Council
    Jedi Jyana Tinu Jade

Other stories that tie into this story or into the main storyline:
    Shadow Thickening

Onyx Moon and Silver Star

[b].:CHAPTER ONE:.[/b]

Lilanniah Harenae looked towards the moon. She sighed and kick at the dirt. Father wasn't coming home today, obviously. Lilanniah hated it when her father said he would be home and then he didn't come home.

"Lilanniah!" yelled a woman.

Lilanniah looked back towards the house and saw her mother standing outside the house. Not only was she distressed but she was also angry.

"Father said he would be home today," Lilanniah complained.

"You know he is busy helping your uncle who is a Jedi," Jerushka Harenae said. "Now come inside before you catch a cold."

"It's not even close to dark yet, momma," Lilanniah complained.

Jerushka glared at her stubborn daughter. Like father, like daughter. Lilanniah stumbled into the warm, cozy thatched roof house. She could hear the baby crying.

"You better get him before he chokes," Lilanniah muttered and slumped like a rag doll to the floor.

For a six year older Lilanniah Harenae was incredibly stuboorn. She had long red, curly hair and flashy green eyes. She looked as if she was ten, but she was too short to be ten. Making it known, she was definately not ten years of age.

The Harenaes lived in a secluded area of Alderaan. They has six children, Lilanniah being the fourth child. Lilanniah, or Lily for short, was always considered special. Her uncle said she would be great when she grew up. Her destiny was white. But there were shady areas that frigthened Fetrin every time he saw her. Jedi Master Fetrin Harenae always had to look away from the young girl often when he saw her. It annoyed Lilanniah that her own uncle couldn't look at her just because of silly Jedi beliefs. To Lilanniah Jedis were the biggest fools.

"Lilanniah!" Micah yelled from the other room.

"Coming!" Lily yelled back at her sweet, older brother.

Lily ran to the bedroom where Micah sat with a board game. His white teeth shown with his huge smile. His brown hair was tossled all over and his dipples could make any teenage girl melt.

"You gonna play the game with me tonight?" Micah asked.

Liam walked in, totting a gun. "Hey, I wanna play too."

"C'mon, there's plenty of room for all of us," Lilanniah replied. She was happy to see the eldest of the family.

All was well. At least that's what the six year older thought then...

2. Jaden_Koral

Jaden_Koral Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 6, 2002
    oooo....My interest is sparked...more more!

3. Jaggie_Jaya

Jaggie_Jaya Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 28, 2002
    That's really cool! ( I take it Lily is supposed to be Mara Jade?) Keep writing!

4. Frazzled_Pip

Sep 20, 2002
    Nah, Lily isn't Mara Jade. She's a made up character of mine. It's a tie in to Tinivuel's story "Shadow Thickening." :) Glad peeps like it. :)

5. Tinuviel_Jyana

Tinuviel_Jyana Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    nice start :)

6. Frazzled_Pip

Sep 20, 2002
    .:CHAPTER ONE:.
    (continued)

~*~

Lilanniah Harenae glared at the moon like she had done so, so many nights ago. The night was coming, and she was leaving. The Jedi Council had came for her several days ago telling her father and mother that she had the Force and they wanted to train her, so that she could properly use her powers. Lilanniah hardly agreed, but she was going anways. Her father said it was for the best since Uncle Fetrin believed she had shadowed areas. Mother was sad to see her girl go, she was only fifteen.

Lilanniah sensed a presence behind her, she went to strike the Jedi figure, but he stopped her.

"Stubborn you are," the small creature replied. "Leave you must."

Lilanniah wasn't fond of Master Yoda, but she was told by Fetrin he would be the best teacher for her.

"Why do you talk in riddles, small man?" Lilanniah Harenae asked Master Yoda.

He didn't give an answer because not everything needed to be answered.

"Leave we must. Shadows entering the picture yes," Yoda replied.

"What does that meam?" Harenae asked.

"It means the Dark Jedis think you would be a wonderful student and will come if we don't take you soon," Fetrin Harenae replied to his niece.

Master Fetrin looked away from Lilanniah. Her future could be frightening and it could be peaceful.

"Look at me when you speak, Jedi!" Lilanniah yelled at the man she once believed was loving.

Fetrin did not look.

"What is it that is so scary about me? I want to know this!" Lilanniah screamed angrily. "What have I done? What will I do?"

Fetrin answered, "I don't know. I can't tell you. You create your own destiny."

Lilanniah Harenae gave a disgusted look to the Jedis and brushed her red hair back into a tie. "Then let us go."

Master Yoda nodded his small, stuby head and led the way to leave the planet. Lilanniah took one last glance at the house she grew up in. Her mother's face was pressed up against the window and tears were streaming down her face.

Her destiny would soon begin...

7. Tinuviel_Jyana

Mar 31, 2002
    great post yet again... can't wait to see more :)

8. Frazzled_Pip

Sep 20, 2002
  9. Jaggie_Jaya

Jaggie_Jaya Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 28, 2002
    Lovely! ( So she's not Mara Jade? Okay. One point cleared up!)

10. Frazzled_Pip

Sep 20, 2002
    .:CHAPTER TWO:.

"Your training is complete, Jedi," Fetrin Harenae said, to the young woman who stood near him, dressed in a brown cloak.

The young woman pushed back her hood. Her hair was no longer extremely long and curly. It was chopped to below her chin and her eyes shown less green than they did so many years ago.

"You will begin training other Jedi in a few years, I believe," Fetrin said. He looked away at a poster hanging on the wall of the young woman's room.

"You still look away from me, unlce," the girl stated. "Is my destiny still shadowed?" Her voice was much calmer, but more mysterious than ever.

"Yes," Fetrin replied. "But it is more clear to me why it is."

"Explain," Lilanniah said, cupping her hands and walking towards her uncle.

Fetrin ran his hands through his greying hair and stuttered. He was afriad of his niece, that much was obvious. He didn't say why. "Goodbye Jedi Lilanniah Harenae," was all he said.

Lilanniah stood where she was and watched as Jedi Fetrin Harenae left the room. She knew her future would not be wrong. As she realized Fetrin was gone, she removed the cloak from her petite frame. Lily used her hands to brush her hair as she looked in the small mirror that she hid from the other Jedi. She did not want them to think she was vain, for she was not. She was only angry that she was forced into training. But at the same time glad she had been trained because she was stronger than she was three years ago.

Most Jedi went through more than three years of training, but her training ended aburptly because the rest of the Master Jedis believed no more was required for her flame was almost burnt out. They only wanted to contain her flame, but in the process they made her flame flicker.

Her faith in the Jedi was no more. It felt as if it was burning in her throat. She had no use for being a Jedi. It was a waste to Lilanniah, who wanted love. She wanted to marry and run away and have a family. Not be contained to never loving. One day her flame would burn again.

Lilanniah removed her lightsabre from it coverings. The purple sabre was awesome in Harenae's eyes. She had requested purple and she was asked by Yoda why...

~*~

"Purple you want?" the creature asked Lily.

"Purple I want," Lilanniah replied. "It's the only color I see."

~*~

And purple it was. For that was the color lightsabre she recieved. Harenae placed the sabre back into the coverings and strapped it to her belt. Then she bolted out of the room like she had never been there before...

11. Frazzled_Pip

Sep 20, 2002
    .:CHAPTER TWO:.
    (continued)

Jedi Harenae peered out onto the courtyard and hid behind the columnal supports. Obi-Wan was teaching his apprentice Anakin Skywalker. He was her age, maybe a year younger. He was much taller than the barely five feet Lilanniah. As Harenae looked out, Kenobi walked inside for a break, leaving Skywalker in the courtyard. Harenae decided to walk out and meet this Anakin Skywalker.

"Halt!" Skywalker said, defiantly.

"You have much to learn, youngling," Lilanniah said, coldly.

"Who are you?" Anakin asked, he took out his lightsabre.

"Is it a fight you want?" Lily asked. She brushed by the teenager, who was sweating. Not because he was tired, but because he was fearful of Lilanniah all of a sudden. "I am Jedi Lilanniah Harenae."

Anakin stuttered, "I've heard about you. You just finished your training. How old are you?"

"18," Lilanniah said flatly.

"That's all?"

"Yes."

"So am I," Anakin said. "We're the same age and you've finished training before me. How?"

"How should I know?" Lilanniah said. "I am not told what my destiny is, only that is shadowed and it frightens most who see it."

"You frighten me. You have no plans of staying a Jedi, do you?" Skywalker hissed just as Obi-Wan Kenobi came back into ear-shot.

All Lilanniah did was stare at the handsome man. She knew his destiny was not in the Force as well, but no one else did. They would sooner or later.

Jedi Master Kenobi almost greeted Harenae but she brushed by him like he was nothing and walked off the campus. She had planned on seeing her family but her plans changed. She had something else more exciting to do now that Anakin Skywalker refreshed her memory of what she was going to do...

12. Tinuviel_Jyana

Mar 31, 2002
    wow you keep pumping them out don't ya? :p great posts btw... can't wait for more ;)

13. Xekral

Xekral Jedi Youngling

Sep 19, 2002
    ah... i believe she shall become a great Dark Jedi as I myself have... oh, wait, I said too much. *waives his hand and ya'll forget* :D

Excellent! *tosses some UP detonators and watches them explode, sending little UP's in the air* rehehehe.....

14. Frazzled_Pip

Sep 20, 2002
    J, that's all for the night. I'm sleepy.

Xekral, I'm glad it makes you that happy. Dark Jedi? Hmm, no...close though... *EG*

15. Frazzled_Pip

Sep 20, 2002
    .:CHAPTER THREE:.

Lilanniah trampled through the forest under brush and came upon the large building. In it lived Queen Amidala. Harenae knew of the Queen of Naboo, she had heard many wonderful stories of her.

It had only taken Lilanniah moments to board a transport without being seen by the Jedis. Harenae knew they would be ashamed of her when they found she had run away. Lily didn?t understand how her abilities were more than the rest of the Masters. She was able to leave undetected and she was pleased to know that.

As Jedi Harenae walked up the elegant, marble steps leading to the building she was stopped by some guards. Lilanniah knew she could slip by them undetected as well, but she wanted her visit to be known. That way, the Jedis would be even angrier to know that she made it all the way to Naboo without a trace.
    ?Who are you?? One of the tall guards asked.

?Jedi Lilanniah Harenae here to see the queen,? Lily replied, as she peered from under her hood.

?Why..?? asked the other guard.

?That doesn?t concern you,? Lilanniah replied. ?Are you going to question me or are you going to allow me to enter??

The guards immediately moved out of the way of Harenae. Apparently they had Jedi visitors before.

Lilanniah walked through the entrance and came upon a large hall. It had intricate designs on the walls and marble flooring. As Lilanniah looked from area to area she sensed a presence. Harenae looked up and saw Jedi Master Fetrin Harenae in front of her. He had his cloak?s hood off of his head and his brows were furrowed with anger.

?Did you not think that your own blood could not find you?? Fetrin replied.

Lilanniah removed her hood and said, ?You are not my kin.?

This made Fetrin step back. He never knew Lilanniah would disown him. But he certainly could understand why. He was the one who insisted she be trained and he was the one who kept her father from her so many nights.

?My uncle Fetrin died when I was five,? Lilanniah said. ?He died when he stole my childhood as well.?

Fetrin?s neck stiffened. ?Why are you here??

?To see the queen.?

?There must be a better explanation to why you have left the Jedi Council to come here, Harenae.?

?I don?t need to explain myself to you, Jedi,? Lily said as she squashed a bug under her feet.

Fetrin winced.

?You do,? Fetrin replied and stepped defiantly in front of Lilanniah?s path, blocking her from entering any further. ?You answer to me.?

Lilanniah looked him in the eyes. He tried to pull away from her stare, but Lilanniah grabbed his chin and forced him. ?I answer to no one.?
    ?Then that is how it is?? Fetrin said and moved out of Lilanniah?s way.

?I only came here as a test to you. My true path is unknown.?

?Come back to the Jedi Council. We need someone with your powers there.?

Lilanniah Harenae put her hood back on and thought of what she had heard about the Dark Jedis. ?As do the Dark Jedis.?

?You cannot be joking me, girl!? Fetrin bellowed, causing Queen Amidala to enter the room.

?What is happening out here?? Amidala replied. She was medium height, with white face makeup and a beautiful face.

She will be more, thought Lilanniah. But in the future.

?Nothing, Your Highness,? Fetrin stumbled. ?Absolutely nothing.?

Amidala glared at Fetrin and then looked to the figure in front of him. She was short, petite, obviously under her large cloak. Pieces of her red hair could be seen. ?Are you being bothered by Jedi Master Harenae?? she asked the girl.

?I was just leaving,? muttered Lilanniah Harenae.

?Lilanniah, please do not leave. We can talk about this. We can return to the Council!? Fetrin begged of his niece.

?No, I have already chosen my destiny. It is neither with you nor the Dark Jedis. I am my own person.?

?You cannot leave the Council! It is forbidden!?

Amidala was growing impatient, ?I want an explanation!?

?As it is forbidden to love another,? Lilanniah said softly.

?What does this have to do with anything?? Amidala asked, bewildered.

?I once wanted to b

16. Tinuviel_Jyana

Mar 31, 2002
    wow... another great post... this is really deep and really REALLY good... i can't wait to see where it's all headed :)

17. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    wow, this is a great story!

i have a few questions, though. when did Lily meet the Dark Jedi? why did she suddenly decide to be one? how could the Jedi not see her anger? how old is she now? and why does she want to see Queen Amidala?

post again soon!

18. Tinuviel_Jyana

Mar 31, 2002
    hey bobill... new post on my story ;)

in the meantime UP!

19. Frazzled_Pip

Sep 20, 2002
    bobill
    she never met the Dark Jedi
    (exercpt: "Leave we must. Shadows entering the picture yes," Yoda replied.

"What does that meam?" Harenae asked.

"It means the Dark Jedis think you would be a wonderful student and will come if we don't take you soon," Fetrin Harenae replied to his niece. )

She didn't decide to be one. Fetrin misunderstood her. She only wants to leave the Jedis because she never wanted to be one in the first place. She's angry and Fetrin for taking her father to help with the Jedis (her father used to be a Jedi, it will all be explained soon) and doesn't want anything to do with Jedi anything.

The Jedis saw her anger, that's why they took her in, because they wanted to trap her anger because they didn't want her to become a Dark Jedi or worse.

She's 18 in the recent chapter. She said she was to Anakin.

She never really wanted to see Amidala she was only trying to see if she could be found. She thinks Amidala is interesting and believed if the Jedis truly knew her, they knew that was one place she may be found.

So many questions! It will all be explained soon. I can't tell you everything in three chapters. :):)

20. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
    i'm sorry, one of my worst habits is asking too many questions! if you get annoyed, just whack me on the head.

thanks for clearing all that up! waiting anxiously for the next post!

21. Jaden_Koral

Jaden_Koral Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 6, 2002
    excellant story...makes you wonder just how many Jedi turn dark after they finish their training...or before. I say turn dark in referance to just leaving the order...not necessarily becoming a dark jedi. But still, the story is really good.

22. Frazzled_Pip

Sep 20, 2002
    .:CHAPTER THREE:.
    (continued)
    (note: Lily is still 18 in this end of chapter 3, it comes 2 years before J's story.)

"I don?t like that girl," Fetrin replied, mainly to Queen Amidala.

"I think she?s rather charming," Amidala said. "She doesn?t seem to put up with much. You would be best to leave her be."

"That?s what Master Yoda said," Fetrin said.

"He is correct as usual," Amidala replied and went back to her room.

Fetrin sighed and decided it was time to contact Master Yoda to tell him that there was no hope for the young woman. She would never want to be a Jedi, no matter what was done for her. She was dark, and that was that.

~

Lilanniah stepped off the transport to Tatooine. The breeze was cool on Lilanniah's face and she wrapped her cloak around her. Then the heat touched her soft, pale face, tingling her senses. She looked around at all the sand. And then remembered hearing about a bar nearby where she could get some food and drink. She would soon need a place to stay and some normal clothes if she ever wanted to live a normal life again.

Harenae walked towards the Mos Eisley Cantina and entered. Upon entering, she heard so much noise and fighting. Lilanniah walked carefully to a nearby seat at the booth. A brawl stopped to let her pass and then started up again.

"A drink," Lilanniah said, her voice partched.

"Water for a little girl?" Someone said behind her, snickering.

Lilanniah ignored the man and waited for her glass of water.

"What?s a little girl doing out here all alone?" the man asked her as he sat down beside her. His teeth were yellow and black, falling out.

Harenae felt fear on her skin, all over. She then felt anger. "That is not your business."

The drink was delivered and Lilanniah Harenae gulped it in one gulp.

"I can get you more of that, if you don?t have the money," the scary, almost toothless man said. He removed the hood on Lily?s head and 'ooohed.' "All you have to do is-"

Lilanniah stood and pulled out her lightsabre and placed it on the man?s neck, close enough that it only singed his hair. "No, all you have to do is leave this area before I chop you into pieces. Got it?"

The man backed off slowly. "I didn?t mean nothing of it." And he ran out of the bar.

The crowd looked up and then back to their company and drinks, like they always did when a brawl happened.

"We seem to get lots of angry Jedi in here," one man whispered to his woman. The group surrounding him laughed.

Lilanniah approached the table. "Since you are such a visual person, where is the best planet for one to stay?"

The man gulped his liquor. "Uh, Yavin IV?"

Lilanniah bowed her head and replaced the hood. Then she left the building in search of Yavin IV.

23. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
    yavin V, hmm, what will she find there? a new master? a sith master?

post soon!

24. Frazzled_Pip

Sep 20, 2002
    Made a wee bit of a typo. It's Yavin IV. Heh. I corrected it. :)

25. Tinuviel_Jyana

Mar 31, 2002
    ahhh... Yavin IV... i smell our stories are going in a similar direction :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.