main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Fall TV Season

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediBith, Sep 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    What are you watching (if anything) this season?

I already like "Lost" -- kind of a sequel to the wonderfully cheesy "Deep Rising." I love cheese!

I will check out "Desperate Housewives;" it looks interesting, plus our Danamel is on crew, right? Where are you Danamel?

Otherwise, I'm sticking with old standbys "NYPD Blue" (final season) and "E.R." I don't like to add too many shows each year, because I don't want to spend THAT much time watching T.V. Plus, so many times in the past I've liked a new show and seen it cancelled immediately. Or moved to where I couldn't find it. Or interrupted with specials and repeats to the point where I no longer even looked for the darn thing. Networks take note!

Liz sounding and signing off...

2. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    I am eagerly waiting for the second season of "The O.C." I've been addicted to it since the premiere...but this year it doesn't start until November. Other than that I really don't watch too much TV.

3. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I watch all the Law and Orders and CSI. In another life, I wanted to be a cop. I too watch Lost. But that is about all really. I don't like to watch too many shows either. Oh, I do watch Survivor. I like the people interaction though I'm sure it is sometimes fabricated.

4. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    "Lost" is on tonight at 8. LOTR fans should note that a certain hobbit is a co-star...although he's not at all hobbit-like in this role!

5. Adrian_Skywalker

Adrian_Skywalker Jedi Master star 3

Aug 11, 2004
    I will be watching Smallville. Met the new Lois Lane at Comic-Con competition for Lana lol. The O.C. rocks too....waiting for that in October. Also, One Tree Hill.

6. Jedi_Devi

Jedi_Devi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2003
    Oh crap, I keep forgetting to watch "Lost," Dom Monaghan of Lord of the Rings fame is on it, and so cute!

I wanted to check out "Jack & Bobby" and "Father of the Pride." Yeah, I love animals, I might like that crap. And I love the Kennedys, but I don't think Jack & Bobby is about them.

Otherwise, tv looks like crap. They cancelled my @!&*^@%!$%@ing tv show, "The Guardian!"

Jedi_Devi

7. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    I'm gonna have a very sad fall season, as I'm at school Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday nights (leaving Tuesday free for my 24 enjoyment at least). So, I miss Smallville and The O.C. (and Survivor too). :( Waah! The O.C. better come out on dvd! I'll have to wait 'till this season of Smallville comes out in maybe a year(!) to see...It's all so very sad. So, I can't even try out Lost.
    Oh, I can't forget the Friday shows--Enterprise and Monk. And the Simpsons and Arrested Development on Sundays. :) Drgh! Thanks for reminding me about Jack and Bobby, Elise, (I love them too) I keep forgetting to watch that! Yeah, I think it's not about the Kennedys though, 'cause doesn't it take place in the future or something? Ah wait, it's not that I forgot, we've just had all that stuff going on the last 2 Sundays.

8. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    I've missed the last two Smallvilles, Wednesdays are busy for me. I've been trying to catch Enterprise but I haven't seen it listed yet. Have I missed the season opener yet? I think that's it for me.

9. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    I think Enterprise starts next Friday (the 8th).

10. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    Can't believe they moved Enterprise to Friday. Its like the kiss of death to any TV show.

I have hated all the networks since Fox cancelled Firefly.

11. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    I believe they're showing the first two eps of "Lost" on Sat. night. So far it's been great; lots of twists and a cool, weird vibe. Characters with some depth. I'm hooked -- which probably means the show's doomed. Unless everyone I know starts watching it! Please???!!!

The last show I got all my friends hooked on was "X-Files" so I DO have a decent track record! :)

12. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Thanks for the info, Elensara. I'll mark it down.

Hey! Jiltedtoo! Good to have you back. Yes, Friday night is the kiss of death for a show. George Takei said that was what sealed Star Trek's fate. I can't wait for the new season.

JB, I'll try to catch "Lost". I want to try to catch "Jack and Bobby" but I never find the time.

13. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Lost was great last night. And they will be showing the first two episodes Saturday. Yesterday, JB mentioned a show called Desperate Housewives. Well I have seen the poster for it and thought I wouldn't care anything about it, but they previewed it during Lost and it looks really good. Now I doubt I ever really watch, but it looked good enough to mention here.

14. NaboosPrincess

May 14, 2001
    I miss the X-Files sooooo much. :(

15. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    When is the second X-Files move coming out? I remember they were filming it about 2 years ago.

16. Michael_Windu

Michael_Windu Jedi Youngling

Sep 24, 2004
    For me its The Simpsons all the way. Other viewing options are Smallville and Teen Titans.

17. NaboosPrincess

May 14, 2001
    There have been rumors about a second movie forever, but I don't know if it's ever going to happen. I don't think they've filmed it yet but every now and then a story pops up about it being in development. Who knows.

18. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    what's tv?

19. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Michael_Windu, I also love Teen Titans! Do you also watch JL Unlimited? Cartoons are the best!

Desperate Wives looks interesting. I like Teri Hatcher (don't ask me why, but I think it's because of the Superman connection and I LOVE Superman).

Someone's going to have to catch me up with what happened in Smallville. Did they really kill off Chloe? Did Lana really leave? Is Lois really staying with the Kents? That's all way too mind boggling. And what about Lex? Lionel is so evil.

20. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I used to watch Smallville, but stopped this past season. No reason in particular, it just got all weird on me. As Elensara said earlier, I think that the best way to watch a show is to wait until the whole season comes out on dvd. Then you can watch it all without any interruptions except going to the bathroom.

21. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    That's what the pause button is for my friend.

22. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    But I don't want the hassle. I don't want to have to program anything in Tivo (which I still don't have) or a vcr. I just want to sit down when I'm ready and watch it all in one weekend.

23. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Well, the Smallville DVD set is rather expensive. They are supposed to be running the show (older episodes) on ABC Family Channel this season. I don't know when.

24. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Well not that I'm bragging, but I don't have to buy it or rent it. We will get a copy for the studio library and I'll check it out through them. Free of charge.

And this is my 500th post!

25. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Is Smallville produced by your company, Skyryder? If so, do they tape there and if so can I take Tom Welling home for a weekend, you know, sort of like you can check out the DVDs for free? :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.