main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fan Days 2011

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Ganner-1138, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Dajuan and hothie, are you in for sure? Are you bringing your ewok? That'll be fantastic! :p

2. R2-DK

R2-DK Jedi Master star 2

Apr 13, 2011
    I don't know yet whether or not I'll be going, but if I do, I could help at the table. :)

3. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    I take it you're going, Mara? :D

4. hothie

hothie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2004
    We're planning on it, and we have the room reserved.

No, Dajuan's mom is coming here and watching him for the weekend. He'll be coming to C6, though. :)

5. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    I'm still up in the air about it. I'd definitely like to be there, though. :D

6. R2-DK

R2-DK Jedi Master star 2

Apr 13, 2011
    I'm hoping it will become an unofficial celebration.

7. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Darth-Dogfish-Head Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    I'm still on the fence about this...I'd really like to go, but the flight is a bit pricey. Has anyone found any good deals on flights?

8. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    Nope. From where I live on the east coast, it costs more to fly to Dallas right now than it does to fly to the west coast. :( That's one of the two reasons I still haven't decided whether to attend. (The other is because it's so close to NY Comic Con and I'm worried about convention overload. :p )

9. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    I'm on the fence now too. As much as I really want to see people and get away for the weekend, it might not happen. I haven't had a paycheck since May so funds are really tight. Also, I'm not sure if I'm ready to have Colin that far away from us at this point. He's never been away all night, let alone several hundred miles away.

10. Grand Admiral Strife

Jun 21, 2001
    Then you'll just have to bring him along, so he can get used to big crowds and hanging at a table with strangers before C6 :p

edit: Just checked my email, and we have a banner design for the table. I'll let our resident master artist Joe Hogan unveil it [face_devil]

11. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    I think you missed the no paycheck since May part ;)

12. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    Show us the banner already!!!1!11! :p

13. Grand Admiral Strife

Jun 21, 2001
    [image=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y243/grandadmiralstrife/FanDaysTFNBannersmall.jpg]

Will be sending off to the printer on Monday.

14. Grand Admiral Strife

Jun 21, 2001
    I have been told the Austin Fan Force/JCC table will be on the 3rd floor, so we'll be with Rebel Legion, 501st, and all that instead of downstairs in the main room with the dealers/guests/artist alley

15. R2-DK

R2-DK Jedi Master star 2

Apr 13, 2011
    I have a question. On the schedule page where it says:

10:30am Exhibit Hall open to VIP ticket holders.
    11:00am Fan Days open ot all badge holders.
    11:30am 3rd floor autograph rooms open. First access VIP, then Priority, then General admission.

Does it mean general admission is only allowed into the building after 11:30am?

16. Grand Admiral Strife

Jun 21, 2001
    well, I think the show was a huge success! We had plenty of traffic at the table, and who knew that just having the Jedi Mind Control toy thing was going to be one of the most popular things for kids for the weekend? :p

Big thanks to everyone that stopped by, we got our photo taken by Dan Curto for Rebelscum, and I got to do some promos with a podcast interview with Dark Empire Radio , the show still needs to be edited but will be up this week I think.

And of course, big thanks again to TFN artist Joe Hogan for the awesome artwork on the banner! We'll keep using it for events throughout the year leading up to C VI!