main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Fan Film extras needed for September 15

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Mos_Eisleian_Radio, Sep 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    This had been posted at the website, but not really mentioned here. I thought I'd try to get the word out.

So, George Lucas didn't return your call asking if you could get a bit part in Episode II? Well, you can still be seen in a Star Wars fan film being shot right here in Chicago. Peter Dolan is making a film about two Jedi sisters battling it out at an Earth nightclub and he needs extras! The only requirements are that you be at least 21 and appear no older than 35. Come dressed in "clubby" clothes. Incentives include film credit, food, and an invitation to the opening. Filming will be on Saturday, September 7, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at Big Wig, 1551 W. Division. You don't have to stay for the whole day. If you have any questions, send Peter Dolan an e-mail at pdolan@core.com And tell him Chicago Force sent you!

Phil

2. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    Sorry....I am 50 years old ...and try as hard as I may...I don't think I can make myself look 35!! If you can figure out a way to make that happen...make sure you let me know!!!

:D

3. Rex_Karrde

Rex_Karrde Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2001
    When there's a will there's a way my young Jedi. The Force is strong with you.

Hey, if Yoda was kicking butt at his age, why can't you participate in this short film. Contact HazzMAtt to see what can be done.

Darth Inabriated has spoken.

4. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    So how did this go?

~H~

5. JodoKast74

JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    There are pics on the CF site. I missed out on it too. :(

6. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Nov 26, 2000
    Check out the pics here and here.

The film seemed pretty interesting. The sisters are members of a family that have always been Dark Jedi, except for one who turns out to be Light. They dispatch her sister to take her out at an Earth nightclub. The lighting supervisor had a family emergency, so it took them a lot longer than normal to set up shots. Despite that, it was pretty fun. I can't wait to see the finished product.

We also helped out on a second film at the School of the Art Institute that was pretty simple, but fun. We played good guy and bad guy star pilots against a blue screen, saying lines as we engaged in combat. At least we will, once that's put together. I even got to float in space, so to speak.

Phil

7. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    [face_laugh]

Looks like you guys had fun, sorry I had to miss it.

[face_shocked]

I can't believe that you...opps!... SOMEONE UNCONNECTED TO CF left that poor defenseless toybox on the street. After all that it did for us...opps!.... SOMEONE UNCONNECTED TO CF. Hopefully someone will give it a good home.

Great job on the captions, Matt. ;)

~H~

8. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    Wow.....

looks great...and looks like you all had a great time....

sorry that I missed it!!

9. jedihexer

jedihexer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2002
    Just a reminder that FilmCon 3 will be taking place soon. This is a great time to meet other fan film makers and learn how to create these mind blowing productions you always wanted to make...on a budget.

Learn from people who have already done it.

Visit us at: www.filmcon.com

10. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Nov 26, 2000
    Update: There will be an extra day of filming for the film about the 2 Jedi sisters! Filming will be on Sunday, September 15 from 11:00 A.M. to 6:30 P.M. The location is the same: Big Wig, 1551 W. Division. See the first post in this thread for details.

For those who were part of filming on the 7th: Please remember to wear the exact same thing you wore then.

Phil

11. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    still working on that looking younger than 35 thing! :D

12. pdolan

pdolan Jedi Youngling

Sep 13, 2002
    Hello, Everyone. This is Peter Dolan, the director of the Star Wars Fan Film at BigWig in Chicago.

I wanted to thank everyone who was able to make it last Saturday to our shoot. We are extremely grateful for your presence and participation and look forward to showing you our final product.

Our lighting director was absent that day due to a family emergency, and so we were a little short staffed on the crew and moved at a rather snail's pace between shots, but I need to stress that what we DID manage to get done that day were some of the most crucial shots of the film, things we didn't have yet (like a wide-shot of the club being crowded) and so on. We absolutely had to take advantage of the amount of people we were lucky enough to get that day. SO once again, thank you all for being there with us, you were a tremendous help : )

But, of course, the fun does not stop there. We are going to be shooting at Big Wig again on Sunday Sept 15 from 11:00am to 6pm. This is the CONFIRMED last day of shooting (there are many reasons why this must be finished that day), so since we got our atmosphere shots last Saturday, then this Sunday we are going to be finishing the dialogue on the dance floor, as well as filming the GRAND FINALE to the lightsaber fight (which the girls have been practicing for the last 3 weeks). It promises to be quite a bit of fun and entertainment, and I certainly hope that you are able to attend on the most important (and most fun) day of our shoot.

Finally, for those of you who are having difficulty pulling off the "under 35" look, I say don't worry. ALL are invited to this all important day of shooting, and after reviewing the footage we have, it's no longer necessary to "age-discriminate." We welcome one and all to be able to join us (but you MUST be over 21 for sake of the club).

One again, thank you to all, and we hope to see you on Sunday. You are welcome to contact me if you have any questions.

Peter Dolan
    cinemabeyond
    pdolan@core.com

13. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    Well, I plan to haul my old *ss over there.
    ..you can make sure my face isn't shown!
    :D

As for club wear...haven't a clue...but will wear something dark to blend into the background...
    just a body in the crowd.....

14. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Nov 26, 2000
    I just got back from the filming. Schph Gochi and I showed up to be background characters. The Jedi sisters had their lightsaber battle on the dance floor at the club. Miranda (Light Jedi) and Kelly (Dark Jedi) said they loved the photos on the website, along with the humorous captions. We were also asked for expertise opinion on whether lightsabers switch off when they leave your hand. The answer was basically "If you want them to be that way, then sure." I'm really looking forward to seeing the completed film.

Phil

15. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    It was a lot of fun...and very interesting...
    The fight scene was awesome and the two Jedi did a fantastic job!! Can't wait to see the completed film....great stuff!

me 'n Mos Eisleian Radio can now add "dancers" to our resume'.....lol

I felt most useful delivering the stunt mats back to the gym in my pick-up truck after we were done.....
    and everyone missed my grand entrance in my Jedi robe....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.