main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary Fan Film

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Mogook, Mar 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    I'm starting this thread to see if anyone else is interested in doing a fanfilm. I don't have a digital video camera so I can't take advantage of the software. I'd love to do a fight scene with lightsabers. Is anyone else interested?

2. BigBroadcastah

BigBroadcastah Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2002
    I've got a degree in videography, so ill help you there.

3. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    There's a good amount of woods around here, so that would be a good location maybe.

4. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    Well I have premier 6.0 and can do some rotoscoping effects. I would like to try some laser effects from blasters also. I don't have a digital video camera either. If we could find someone who has one, it would make editing the effects a whole lot easier.

5. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    I have digital camera with MPEG.

6. BigBroadcastah

Feb 24, 2002
    Can we count you in Chissdude?

And Mogook and I both have adobe premiere 6.0 but Mogook has a firewire connection, so i dunno if we would want to edit at Mogooks, i guess its up to him and drk helmet.

7. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Well, if chissdude wants, we could shoot on his camera, then he could capture the video onto his computer, burn that footage onto cdrw's and split it up among the people who want to work on postproduction. That way, between all of us who have the software, adding saber effects frame by frame would be a lot quicker.

8. DRK_HLMT

Dec 7, 2001
    True. We could pick scenes and edit them and just tie them in when we are done. Hmmm...sounds like the start of another ILM here. Doesn anybody here know how to do CGI? Like creating models of ships and chracters?

9. Eva_Pilot04

Eva_Pilot04 Jedi Knight star 7

Nov 15, 2001
    I really couldn't do much to help with post-production work since both of my computers at home suck ***. [face_blush]

I'd still be interested in participating though.

10. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Eva, don't worry about not being able to help with post, we'll need a crew for actual filming and preproduction.

DRK_HLMT, check the fan movie forums and see what they recommend for cgi stuff. I'll check too. On some of the sites I've been to, they've mentioned 3D Studio Max. Let's see what we can find.

11. DARTHIG88

DARTHIG88 Jedi Master

Mar 28, 2002
    Hey I`ve studied the Fighting styles of the east,so I could help set up the fighting,I also work at the home depo ,so we can get all the part`s to build lightsabres,[I`ve built a few myself it`s real fun.A friend of mine also has off the shelf software for the CGI,drop me a line at darthig88@yahoo.com,and we will talk,
    I also do some writing and have written a few starwars stories,
    Hey if I could say I want to be a SITH

12. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Thanks Darth. Do you have any pictures of the sabers you made?

13. DARTHIG88

DARTHIG88 Jedi Master

Mar 28, 2002
    Not yet,But I did make a new saber today for my youngest daughter outta spare part`s,but all of them are made for under 50 buck`s.
    I`ve even made them for under 20.[it all depends on what the Jedi or Sith want`s to put on the saber]
    For myself I goto the hardware store and find the base pipe and start adding from there.drop me an e-mail and maybe we can get in touch about doing the film[or at least talk about it]

AT LAST WE WILL HAVE REVENGE!!!!!!!!!

14. BigBroadcastah

Feb 24, 2002
    Sounds cool. Where are you from Darth?

15. DARTHIG88

DARTHIG88 Jedi Master

Mar 28, 2002
    I`m from glen burnie.
    I`m also playing with the idea of using wooden dowels inside of a pvc pipe blade, the pvc doesn`t hold up to well when you hit the blades together[they bend]and maybe lining the inside of the hilt with rubber tubing[real thin] to take the shock of the impact,so your hands wont sting,drop me at my e-mail I got some ideas I`d like to talk about.....................

YOU DON`T KNOW THE POWER OF THE DARK SIDE

16. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Yeah, I constructed a quick handle with supplies I had here. It's made out of pvc for the most part. And, I have a wooden dowel stuck in for the blade.

What part of Glen Burnie are you located? Are you near the high school?

17. DARTHIG88

DARTHIG88 Jedi Master

Mar 28, 2002
    Yeah,
    Right off of aquahart rd,did you drop me a line at darthig88@yahoo.com???????

18. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    No, just post in here.

19. BigBroadcastah

Feb 24, 2002
    Yeah if we post here then all can see our ideas, and give more ideas and its alot more open.

20. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    I am a whiz if I do say so my self with costumes and sewing, however, when I moved, the movers knocked my sewing machine outta the wood cabinet it is in and it needs to be put back. I'll try and take it to the shop class before the end of school, the movers would only give me money off of the move, not a place to fix it. But I will volunteer to make costumes, especially during the summer.

21. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Thanks Isbeth, that would be awesome.

22. BigBroadcastah

Feb 24, 2002
    I like costumes.

23. ErrantVenture

ErrantVenture Jedi Youngling

Feb 11, 2002
    Hey, Mogook, do you have a script? I wouldn't mind helping with that.

24. DRK_HLMT

Dec 7, 2001
    Do we have any good artists to do up some story boards? Also if we could all get copies of the script or at least the storyline so we could get some input as to how it will flow.

25. sithspawn35

sithspawn35 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2001
    I went to film school for 3 1/2 years, and I'm pretty decent in editing, but that was on FILM, not computer stuff. But I can help out in anyway......let me know. (That is if my distance from Charm City isn't a big deal.) I am a pretty decent writer, so I can be like my IDOL, Carrie Fisher, and be a script doctor. (LOL)

Ian

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.