main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Idaho Fan Films Anyone?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by QUIGONJINN02, Apr 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QUIGONJINN02

QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2003
    That's ok. I'll talk to my friend about the camera and mic and then we should be in great shape...my big question is, does anybody actually know there lines?

2. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    I've got the camera, we've likely got the location (must test film first) and the equipment is only you guys showing up. I hope people know there lines, they've only had months and months to learn them. I will be doing this in November for sure as this month and October are booked. Cool?

3. MalcolmTolemac

MalcolmTolemac Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 6, 2002
    My father in law has a boom if you're interested. (whoever is off camera at the time can run it.) He also has lights with stands and some other stuff. Just let me know, it shouldn't be a problem to barrow them.

...and are we shooting this VHS or DVCam? Just wondering. I've found DVCam is so much easier to work with. But this is your project, so it's up to you.

4. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Wow! That would be great Tolemac...actually, it is DVCAM so we're in good shape with quality...and a boom would be most ideal for that room, don't you think?

5. MalcolmTolemac

Apr 6, 2002
    DVCam DVCAM whatever... I was tired of caps! The only hook is that we would all need to pitch in for the cost of the DVCAM tape which is about $20 (I can get an actual cost on this) Also, if needed, I'm sure we can use his editing software. That's how I do my video jobs all the time.

6. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    So, I'm assuming were going to scratch the costumes, at least in mind it seemed the best idea. Since this is a "parody" I figured we should all wear some crazy stuff.
    Ideas?

7. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    I've got the camera, you've got the boom mic, now all we need is a little luck and a lot of enthusiasm. From looking at the poll I posted about knowing your lines, I don't think most members really care about this film...let me say after seeing some of the stuff done at the IDSWA film fest I was blown away as well as inspired to get this think done. I'd like to film in the beginning of November at the Ezra Center. A more exact date will be given at the meeting. I MUST know if you can make it or not as filmming this thing is not something we can just kind of be involved in. As Tolemac can tell you, it must be planned and everyone must be willing to be there ready to go. I look forward to talking about it more at Saturday's meeting. Thanks!

8. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Yo Tolemac...what's your thoughts on naming our Sith Lord for our post Episode II movie? Also, we need to find a good Dooku double, or someone we can dress up to look moderately like him. We may just show him from behind.

9. JarJarGetsaBadRap

JarJarGetsaBadRap Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 2003
    Any chance I could be in it? I actually studied drama for a short time at USC.

10. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    http://web.onetel.net.uk/~dirkdiggler/tutorials/hologram.html
    Apparently this website can help us do the hologram effects...thankyou Doug from the IFSWA for the tip!

11. MalcolmTolemac

Apr 6, 2002
    QuiGon,
    We should have a brain-storming meeting for those who are interested in doing the post EpII film. That way we could see what kind of ideas or resources we have to pull from. When we cast, we'll definately need to pull from more than just the NBO... Everyone's invited of course, what time/date works for you?

12. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Master Malcolm,
    How about next week sometime. Give me a date and I'll run it by the work schedule and see if it's kosher. I'm all for this and think it's important to start functioning this into a fleshed out story, and not just a vague idea (my discussion with you on the phone was very helpful for both of us I think). Jar Jar wants in on the film and I told her a-ok and that you'd probably assign her some aspect of it that you saw important right now. My brother is a good artist and I was actually thinking he might help us storyboard as well as visualize the characters on paper...yes? Well, give me a date and time and I'm full willing to work around your schedule. Thanks!

13. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Also, we need to talk about our film in November and get the details and kinks worked out for that. We need to also make sure everyone is going to show up for it... this can't be like an average joe blow meeting where if you miss it's ok, everyone must be there or it will mess up the whole flow of things. I'm not trying to sound like a crab apple but films can't just get themselves done and ask any director, they need "direction!"

14. MalcolmTolemac

Apr 6, 2002
    kosher? I didn't know you were Jewish? That's cool. I should know what next week is looking like and give you an answer at the Maze...

15. JarJarGetsaBadRap

JarJarGetsaBadRap Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 2003
    I actually took some film production and acting clases at Southern Cal. I would love to do a Star Wars film. I can help in anyway you need, just let me know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.