main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FanForce Atlanta Collector's Forum

Discussion in 'Archive: Atlanta, GA' started by MoffSienar, Jun 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoffSienar

MoffSienar Jedi Youngling

Jun 20, 2001
    Greetings All,

As many of us are collectors of Star Wars related items, the idea of making a collector's forum was brought up at the last FanForce meeting and was thought to be a good idea.....so here it is! This thread will hopefully develop into a useful tool that will help members find/obtain those hard to find items and promote friendly trading amongst us. Please post a message identifying yourself as a collector and specifying what type of items you collect. Also, post and update your "want lists" so that other collectors can share info as to what is available in various areas about town. And by all means, if you are out and about looking and see something good, post a message to the thread so that others can reap the bounty of the ever-elusive figures before the hoarders and scalpers can scoop them up in an attempt to resell them to us all. Thanks to everyone in advance for taking time to participate and to help out your fellow SW collectors.

James "Moff Sienar" Smith

2. MoffSienar

MoffSienar Jedi Youngling

Jun 20, 2001
    Hi again,

Here is my collector profile and my want list. I have also included in my want list the POTJ figures that are scheduled for release this year, but may not be available for some time.

I mainly collect SW 3 3/4in figures, but "stray" from time to time and buy SW 12" figs, vehicles, etc. I usually collect 1 of each figure, but try to get 2 of all Imperial figures, so that I may open one and add to my shelf display. I also try to get the newest SW books/novels when they come out (keeping current on reading them is another matter. LOL). As my friends can tell you, my office at home is practically a shrine to the "art" of Star Wars collecting. I have so much stuff that I cannot display it all at one time. Currently, the walls, floor, and ceiling of my office are covered in toys, posters, and such, but I am always in search of more!

My want list - as of 6/24/01 -

3 3/4in figs:

(previous release)
    Admiral Motti w/ comchip; Hooded Leia w/ comchip; TC-14

(current)
    Ketwol; Sandtrooper; "Dirty" Scout Trooper;
    Bespin Guard - Cloud City Security; Sabe' - Queen's Decoy; Eloors Madak - the Duros

(future 2001 release)
    Shmi Skywalker; X Wing Pilot Luke Skywalker;
    Han Solo - Death Star Escape; Darth Vader - Emperor's Wrath; FX-7; Imperial Officer (x 4); Amidala - Travelling Gown; Rebel Trooper; Teebo; Bo-Shek; R5-D4; Eeth Koth; Snaggletooth

12" figures:
    IG-88; Bossk; 4-LOM

POTJ Vehicles:
    Desert Skiff; Y-Wing Fighter (Target Exclusive); TIE Interceptor (TRU Exclusive - future 2001 release); B-Wing Fighter (Target Exclusive - future 2001 release); TIE Bomber (WalMart Exclusive - future 2001 release)

POTJ Deluxe figs (scheduled release 8/01):
    Luke Skywalker in Bacta Tank; Princess Leia with Desert Skiff Cannon; Darth Maul Crusader (supposedly bare chested); Amanaman with Salacious Crumb

I look forward to seeing other's want lists too so that I can keep my eyes out for things they need as I search for things on my list.

Thanks to all,

James "Moff Sienar" Smith

3. RosieWook

RosieWook Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 5, 2000
    Dang...I should've spoken up at the meeting on Saturday. The Pleasant Hill TRU had obviously just opened some boxes. They had about 8 sandtroopers on display. If you don't have it by next Saturday, post again and I'll pick one up for you, if there are any left.

I also saw a ton of Bossk and 4-LOMs at FAO Schwarz at Lenox.

As for me, I'm the book and magazine collector. (I used to write for the old "HoloCron" e-mail newsletter,as well as TFN.) I'd be happy to post when new books and magazines of interest are coming out. I've noticed that in this town, though, you have to make the stores go back into the storage room to get the books out when they are supposed to be. (This is the time when my dark side comes out.)

I usually don't have too much trouble finding books, but am dying to get the Palm Talkers when they come out. Can someone post when they see them? I've seen the Japanese ones and they're fantastic! Otherwise, I add pieces to my collection on an "as they interest me" basis.

I also enjoy the hunt, no matter what type of collectible, so post up your list and I'll keep an eye out.
    Paula

4. Jace Darkrider

Jace Darkrider Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 1998
    I collect the 3 3/4 figs. Currently looking for Mara Jade cheaply online and Aurra Sing. Beyond that, I'm set.

5. RosieWook

Dec 5, 2000
    I also saw three Aurra Sing's at the TRU on Pleasant Hill.

They also had "billions and billions" of the 12" Chewbaccas, 12" Slave Princess Leias and the 12" Sith Lord two-packs. (You realize, of course, that I have no idea what the real names of those figures are.)
    Paula

6. Jace Darkrider

Dec 30, 1998
    Kewl, I'm gonna swing by there on Saturday. I'm sure the scalpers will have snagged them all by then.

As a brief announcement, FanForce is trying to coordinate a hunting expo for this weekend on Sunday, July 1st. Any interested parties, be on the lookout for more info in the next day or so.

7. tennesseejedi

tennesseejedi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2001
    this is to remind everyone about Sci-Fi-Summer, the convention July 6-8 in atlanta. there will be a star wars discussion panel friday and a collectibles panel on sunday. i hope there will be some members from this group there to support it. see ya there...

tennesseejedi

8. RosieWook

Dec 5, 2000
    I'm reactivating this thread so that I can ask if anyone's seen the Palm Talkers, yet?

For some unknown reason, I'm obsessed with getting them. But I haven't been able to track them down.

Oh...and if anyone's still looking for Auura Sing or Sabe, the Pleasant Hill ToysRUs had about five each on Sunday afternoon.

9. Jace Darkrider

Dec 30, 1998
    Thank you Rosiewook! I'll be heading there this evening if I can get away from work. Today is one of those loooonnngggg, gotta stay real late work days. Now I can have my Aurra Sing to get signed by Michonne! And I could always use a Sabe. Did you see that magazine cover that she (Kiera Knightley) is on? She 16 but looks more like 26! I could go to jail just looking at her.

10. red_rose

red_rose Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2001
    Oh man! Don't suppose I could reimburse you Rosiewook if you could get an Aurra Sing for me? I can pay in US dollars instead of republic credits!

11. RosieWook

Dec 5, 2000
    Well...I won't be in the area again until this weekend. If they're still around, I'll pick one up.

Jace? If you get there before me, could you grab one?
    Paula

12. Jace Darkrider

Dec 30, 1998
    No problem. I'll grab an extra one for red rose.

13. red_rose

Jun 3, 2001
    Great! Thanks Rosie, Jace! The selection where I am has dwindled to nothing. Its sad :(

14. red_rose

Jun 3, 2001
    Hey if anyone is looking for the superdeformed Japanese palmtalkers I found some believe it or not in the Athens Toys R Us. If anyone wants one let me know and I'll see what i can do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.