main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanforce FAQ (what's this all about?)

Discussion in 'FanForce Communications' started by Mr. K, Nov 29, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. K

Mr. K Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 1999
    **What exactly is TFN FanForce and why did TFN start it?

TFN FanForce is the physical, grass-roots extension of TheForce.Net's global, online presence. As an extension of TFN, FanForce is about getting all fans together and helping them meet and interact with other fans in their "physical" community. If there is a convention, free movie screening, and/or a book signing, TFN wants to see all TFN users in that particular area get together as a group, a FANFORCE, and take part in the event. If a local a group of fans just wants to plan their own event (movie viewing, Star Wars videos, restaurant outing, or a camp-out/line-up for Episode II & III), then we want to see you do it as a TFN FanForce.

**How do I join TFN FanForce?

Joining FanForce is easy! Just go to the Jedi Council forums and register your username on the Jedi Council Forums and start hanging out with people in your area!

**How do I get one of those new fangled TFN free email accounts?

Getting a FREE web-based email account from TFN is easy! Just go to the TFN FanForce Email Main Login and click the "Sign Up Now!" link. Once, you are registered you can check email from anywhere!

**What is the difference between the TFN Jedi Council Forums and the TFN FanForce Forums?

TFN Jedi Council Forums are for any and all discussions pertaining to the Star Wars universe, and then some. TFN FanForce Forums, an extension of the Jedi Council, is used by all TFN and Star Wars fans to meet fellow like minded folks in their local, physical community. The TFN FanForce Forums are an online tool for fans to get together, discuss, and plan outings and events in their community.

**Why are the FanForce Forums divided into "regions"?

TFN FanForce is all about grass-roots fans on the local level. Because of this, TFN FanForce is divided into "regions" to help faciliate the everyday management of TFN FanForce by Regional Support Administrators who over-see their assigned region.

**I can't find my city on the FanForce Forums. Can you please list it?

If you would like to see your city listed here as part of the TFN FanForce, then we would like to encourage you to visit the Communications Forum and/or visit your Regional General Discussion forum, and post a topic about adding your city. If you can get enough people from your area to respond and create interest, then the TFN FanForce staff will work on setting up a forum for it. In the meantime, we would like to encourage you to post in the closest metropolitan city forum to you. You never know who you might meet from your area!

**How can my city be recognized by TFN as an OFFICIAL FanForce City?

Well, it's simple. Each metropolitan city is divided into regions. (You can view a list of U.S regions and International Regions here.) These regions are also "categories" on the FanForce Discussion Forums. These regions contain unique City forums, where Star Wars fans and TFN users can get together online and meet fellow, like-minded fans from their area. But FanForce is not about the "online" world. The "online" world at TFN FanForce is just a tool to help these cities effectively run their FanForce. With that being said, each City Forum is encouraged to form a grass-roots club, which will become the local official embodiment of TheForce.Net. This club or group will be referred to as a FanForce!

The following is a list of pre-requisites in order for your city group to be recognized as an official TFN FanForce:

1) Get to know everyone posting in the forums for your respective cities. If your city is currently not on the forums, start it up! Maintaining a strong presence on the forums is vital!

2) Start planning group activities and meeting with each other! Communities are not built over the Internet alone!

3) [IMPORTANT] Your city g

2. Lightsabre

Lightsabre Fan Force Founder star 4 VIP

Nov 12, 1999
    Oh, that's nice work, Mr. K!

3. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    I have a few modifications to the chain of command i'd like to suggest, namely the creation of the MLBWGTJTN [minor level bureaucrat who got the job through nepotism], at the lowest level and the CMLAOWNAR [ corrupt middle level administrator with no apparent role] somewehrer in the middle.....i of course volunteer to be a CMLAOWNAR, please get back to me

4. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    Will there be any changes to the FanForce.Net email addresses because of the move? (i.e., Will I still be able to log in on the FanForce.Net main page?)

5. darthcleo

darthcleo Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 8, 2000
    that stays just the same..

6. m0rpheus

m0rpheus Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2000
    Thanks for getting that up, MrK! Things are shaping up just fine. This is great.

7. JediEnna

JediEnna Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2000
    So the main page stays where it is? Will we then link from there to here direct?

8. Dharhan

Dharhan Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 22, 2000
    Wow, that cleard up a lot. Thanks Mr. K.

9. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Up!

10. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    up

!snap

11. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    Looks like this needs some major updating.

Soon :)

12. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    I'll add this to my "to do" list.

13. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    This FAQ has now been updated. I may add a few more things to it as they occur to me.

14. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Just upping this one.

15. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    ...and needs to be updated

16. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    going to have dinner now, I will make updates then.

What needs to be updated besides the Staff?

17. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Upping this one.

18. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    Uppers! Because it's useful.

19. ANakedG

ANakedG Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2002
    how do you get the colors in your name
    ?

20. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    FanForce City Reps are identifiable by having their name in blue. FanForce Admins can use any colour scheme, but can be identified by their signature.

21. Kun2112

Kun2112 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2002
  22. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Hmmm... I can see a couple of updates that need to be made.

23. Corran_Horn_

Corran_Horn_ Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2002
    Besides uppin' this I have a question.

I've been lead to believe that official FanForces get one custom icon design. Am I right? How do you go about doing this (I mean besides firing up your pooter and using a draw program to desing the silly thing.)

24. Shara_82

Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 10, 2001
    If you're willing to wait a week or so, all this'll be covered in the "BRAND NEW Fanforce FAQ!"

If not, to make it really short, toss-up a few icon designs, get people to vote on the one they want the most. Then get your CR to run it by your friendly RSA/GSAs who, if they approve it (which they always have, I think), will get it uploaded.

And there you go - your own icon. :)

25. Corran_Horn_

Corran_Horn_ Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2002
    Cool thanks, and yeah, that would be a cool addition to the FAQ!

I can wait. . .I can wait. . .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.