main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Favourite type of lightsaber combat...

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Master Jedi Kenobi, Nov 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master Jedi Kenobi

Master Jedi Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2012
    Hey i'm new to the forum :)

If you were a training as a Jedi Knight which form of lightsaber combat would you master....

Would you learn a variation of each form to be able to mix it up/alternate against a specific type of enemy or attack? Or Learn the one which suits your build, speed, strength etc the best?
    How important is it to be mentally strong in the duel & could it be argued that lightsaber battles are more psychological rather than physical?

Also slightly off topic- I am "old-school" in that I enjoy the tension of the battles in the OT. Such as Vader vs Luke -Bespin. Somehow even though the fight is slower & has moments of dialogue throughout, it's frightening in that Vader taunts Luke by hiding & using his surroundings as his ally. The tension is unbearable.

What are your preferred battles, the all out attack i.e Dooku vs Anakin or the more tense battles such as the above?

Apologies if there are too many questions :)

2. THE PortmanLuvva

THE PortmanLuvva Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2012
    You know jedi's use their powers for defense. Saying that though, i'd be an anakin style fighter, trying to use my skills for good and focus my mind but every now and again, I would get the RED MIST and go mad!!!

I know what you mean about the OT fight sequences too, there is something raw about Vader and Luke when they are having their battle. You can tell just from his eyes that Luke is trying to focus but at the same time he is curious about Vader. [face_hypnotized]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.