main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Det, MI February Meeting 2/10

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by lavagrrrl, Jan 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lavagrrrl

lavagrrrl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    We have a date! We need to figure out what time works best and talk to Borders in Novi.

What things do we want to discuss at the meeting?

2. Terrell78

Terrell78 Jedi Youngling

Oct 28, 2005
    Can we be like Dilbert and have a meeting to plan meetings.

3. Qonas

Qonas Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2003
    Knowing the typical R2-Detroit ability to definitively nail down plans, probably not. ;)

There'll be a book club meeting before hand, just like usual, only it is going to be off-schedule. Since we've missed a bunch of meetings, instead of going by the list posted before the book club discussion will be about the released Legacy of the Force books so far. So read up, be shocked, and get ready. :p

4. Terrell78

Terrell78 Jedi Youngling

Oct 28, 2005
    Are the Legacy books better than the NJO series?

5. robt666

robt666 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 11, 2005
    yes. (well I think so....So far that is) also the comic is very well done also.

6. Qonas

Qonas Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2003
    Piles of manure are better than the NJO. Kevin Federline is better than the NJO. The Colts being in the Super Bowl is better than the NJO. The Apocalypse is better than the NJO.

I think I answered the question. :)

7. Terrell78

Terrell78 Jedi Youngling

Oct 28, 2005
    Thanks for the feedback. I'll have to pick them up then. Now if I could just read as fast as I buy books [face_hypnotized].

BTW I'm cheering for the Colts [face_shhh].

8. robt666

Jun 11, 2005
    You got time. its only 3 books about 350+ pages you shoudl be able to get them done by then. I am only half inot book 2 but I also am trying to build a Jango for my son and read The Darth Bane book that has been very good so far

9. Annya_Latoure2

Annya_Latoure2 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2003
    FL fan here. Colts in the SUPERBOWL....Dungee builds another Superbowl team and maybe this time he'll get the credit he's due. After all he built the team that "Chuckie" has devolved.

Have fun at your meeting. Ours is 2/4 and Ross, one of your former players is hosting it. We'll be doing some model ship modding and some costume work. Some of us will be heading to LA in May for C4...any travelers here?

10. Qonas

Qonas Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2003
    I have nothing against the Colts themselves per se, just Peyton Manning. That lowlife, disingenuous, whining, complaining worthless piece of Tennessee Volunteer CRAP doesn't deserve anything except humiliation. The way the media and the nation sucks up to this walking sack of puke disgusts me. First off, he's a Vol. Enough said. Secondly, this is the guy who b****ed about a defensive player finally winning a Heisman, when that player was CHARLES freakin' WOODSON. God Himself in the secondary. This is the guy who got his dad, another hugely overrated stats-only QB who a) somehow fell into the protective custody of the NFL elite and b) is desperately trying to create a family dynasty, to help him moan and whine about the Heisman. The same dad who, a few years later, contrived to *RIG THE NFL DRAFT* so precious little Eli didn't go to San Diego. Boy, what a horrible fate that would've been. Now Eli's lack of skill can be exposed in a bigger market. The Manning's are worthless, overrated, rotting bags of giant egos. They deserve nothing, and Peyton damn sure doesn't deserve a Super Bowl win. Ahem. :)

Anyways, hope to see ya guys all read up for the meeting. And no, I like traveling but I ain't going to LA for C4. It's LA. It's too far. It'll cost too much. Game over. :p

11. Terrell78

Terrell78 Jedi Youngling

Oct 28, 2005
    Thats why we have MCCC the weekend before C4.

12. Annya_Latoure2

Annya_Latoure2 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2003
    Hey Qonas, Tell us how you really feel....[face_peace] Something tells me you find more Siths in the NFL than in the Senate Chamber on Corelia.

I just like the fact that a sweet tempered coach like Tony Dungee has taken 2 teams that were in the toilet and made Super Bowl playing teams out of them, while our screaming, foul-mouthed, bad attitude, Coach here in Tampa, lovingly known as "Chuckie" has well...NOT....

The game will be on here, but the focus will be the Imperial Shuttle's lighting and sounds, a few Jedi Starfighters and costumes for the upcoming conventions.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvebZ59zwGE

13. Qonas

Qonas Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2003
    Um, Dungy may have built the team but he was not the one who coached the Bucs to their 2002 Super Bowl win. That was all Jon Gruden. :p It's actually hard to forget Gruden coached that Tampa Bay team, considering the media never shut up about him during the lead-up heh.

Super Bowl XXXVII

14. Terrell78

Terrell78 Jedi Youngling

Oct 28, 2005
    So what time is this meeting next weekend? Another 24 hours and we can all get back on topic ;).

15. lavagrrrl

May 16, 2002
    How is 7 PM? I'm happy having the book meeting start at 7 as it always seems people roll in around that time, anyway.

I'm routing for the Colts and I have no good reason. I find Peyton's commercials to be amusing, other than that I don't really care. :D I have classes tomorrow, so I will probably have HGTV or some sort of Law & Order on TV. If I watch the Super Bowl it will be for the commercials.

16. Qonas

Qonas Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2003
    Mrs. Blasty, it's people with your attitude towards him that allow the Peyton Manning demon to thrive. Just saying. ;) The evil has to stop somewhere. I compare it to Hitler's rise in Weimar Germany. The business and old-guard societal elites were apathetic towards the potential evil of the man, and instead indulged him. We saw how well that turned out. Don't be a Franz von Papen, Susie. Don't be a von Papen. :p

7pm sounds good! Everyone have your books read, because there's a lot of ground to cover in the Legacy series. Exciting, awesome, NJO plotline-redeeming ground. :D

17. lavagrrrl

May 16, 2002
    [face_laugh]

I only have one of the books. I have become such a SW book slacker, I don't even own all the new books now that I'm out of the book business. I'm still bitter about the third "bug" book that is so boring I cannot finish it. I'd rather read some distusting, germ-ridden doctor's office magazine than that book. I might have to ask Jon the ending and just move on to the new series.

18. robt666

Jun 11, 2005
    what about the Darth Bane book??? I thought that was very well done. Had it finished in one night. Now back to the 2nd Legacy book. 1/2 done with that. I should have it done by Sat but I have alot going on this week:( if not I do not care if you guys tell me what going on in the 3rd one. Heck I have been through LOTR about 20+ times as well as many of the best SW books. See you all there. any place we should meet?? This will be my first time[face_blush]

19. lavagrrrl

May 16, 2002
    I'm glad you will be joining us! Another book geek, and I never knew. :D

I still have to call Borders to confirm, BUT, if things are fine with the store, and the table is still there, we will be in the back of the store. Go straight in towards the music information desk. Turn left and go towards the health/cooking/self help sections. There is a large pine table with chairs in between two stacks of books. That's where we will be.

I need to call the store to confirm all of this tomorrow. :)

20. Terrell78

Terrell78 Jedi Youngling

Oct 28, 2005
    Well I won't have any of the Legacy books read by then, but I'll be there. Where is the Novi Borders?

21. lavagrrrl

May 16, 2002
    http://www.bordersstores.com/stores/store_pg.jsp?storeID=19

22. Terrell78

Terrell78 Jedi Youngling

Oct 28, 2005
    Thanks

Is there going to be a non-book meeting after the book meeting?

23. lavagrrrl

May 16, 2002
  24. Lady_Eirtae

Lady_Eirtae Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 16, 2005
    Do you have to be a member of something to join these meetings?

25. Qonas

Qonas Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2003
    Not at all! Anyone's welcome to drop by, and anyone's welcome to join R2-Detroit! You just have to pass our rigorous screening process: we ask if you want to be a part of the group. That's it. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.