main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF-UK: Scotland Meet - Glasgow (4th November 2006)

Discussion in 'Archive: Scotland' started by timbolton, Aug 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    As you may already know, Wales has had a meet. Let me repeat that ... Wales has had a meet ;) It would be great to see Scotland have some real meets now, I know there are quite a few Star Wars loving Scottish posters, and we could make a great day of it. I am willing to travel up to Glasgow, for one weekend (best to have a meet on Saturday), and meet you all. We can do some SW stuff (visit sci-fi shops), visit some heritage, get a meal, then chill out in a pub/bar afterwards. That side of things is up to you lot, I'll go along with the flow (as long as the flow don't end up with "Let's burn the Englishman"). I may even consider wearing one of those skirts for a quick pic, since I have ribbed you enough over them already lol.

You also have the Star Wars One Man Show at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival this month (August)

Underbelly?s Cow Barn Theatre - Edinburgh Fringe Festival - August 2006
    3-4@ 20:05 £5.00
    5-6,11-13,25-28@ 20:05 £12.00(£10.00)
    7-10,14-17,21-24@ 20:05 £10.00(£8.00)

http://www.onemanstarwars.com/shows.html

Check here for the FF-UK: Scotland thread on it.

Plus, next year, Showmasters will be gracing your dear land with a Glasgow Collectormania - check here for the details we know so far.

So, with Star Wars events happening up in Scotland, let's get the Fan Force there off the ground.

I'll post some weekends I am free (start of September is off for me, October I have some free weekends). Let's give people a little time to plan it, then go for it.

I'll start PMing the members who showed interest in the past, and fingers crossed you can show the Welsh and the English what you can do :D :cool:

Glasgow Info Sites
  2. Visiting Glasgow - here

3. See Glasgow - here

4. Glasgow and Beyond DVD - here
  6. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    I'd be up for it, if I can start driving lessons, pass my test and get a car before then, which is unlikely :p

7. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    I wish I could come :( I miss Scotland so much.

8. I'm already there duder ;)

Should be a great time out if people could come to it. I guess work during the week is the only hold back for me, but if it's a weekend then I'm rockin! Plus will be happy to update the group on the progress of our film as well. Might be able to bring along a couple of things from that in terms of our Pre-Production stage :)

Awsome stuff :D

Jonny

9. DARTH_DONALD

DARTH_DONALD Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2005
    yeah i'd be up for a meeting a good few of us also. i've been awol (or more to the point, having technical probs since MARCH!!!!!) for too long, and it be time to get pack to the postin!!!!!

10. Welcome back bud! Shall look forward to meeting everone who comes to the meeting :D

I am thinking of putting together meeting flyers if I can and get them put up in a few places :D

Rock on!

Jonny

11. boonta-eve

boonta-eve Jedi Youngling

Jan 10, 2006
    I should be able to make it if it's a weekend and it's in Glasgow, but I'm not sure for definate. It really would be a lot of fun so I hope I can. :)

12. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Great, the more the merrier :D
    I'll post some weekends I have free soon, promise ;)

13. Lozzie_Ess

Lozzie_Ess Jedi Youngling

Sep 3, 2006
    If it was Edinburgh, then i'd be there.
    But it's not, and I don't think my parents would be happy about me going up to Glasgow.

14. I'm going to be bringing my camera along so we can have a gallery of images from the day :D

Jonny

15. MrDankDonk

MrDankDonk Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2001
    rule 1) No plastic lightsabers
    rule 2) NO PLASTIC LIGHTSABERS

16. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    What if I bring a real one then?

And heh, I don't have a lightsaber ;)

17. DARTH_DONALD

Jun 3, 2005
    what bout an fx one then?? there not plastic [face_thinking]

18. boonta-eve

Jan 10, 2006
    Or how bout a plush lightsaber.

All of the fun. None of the mess. For kids with very protective parents.

19. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Just had a quick look at dates ...

These are weekends for Oct and Nov when I haven't got anything booked, so far.
    The first date in each set is a Sat, the actual day of the meet. I'll go home on Sunday most likely, though there is a possibility I could go home on a Monday.

Oct
    7-8
    14-15
    28-29
    Nov
    4-5
    11-12

The date that stands out to me in there is Saturday 4th November, because I have a weekend free either side of other events, which is what I'd prefer to be honest. Is the 4th November any good with people for this Glasgow meet?

20. Saturday the 4th??!! IM ALREADY THERE!!

Cool duder, I shall pencil that into me diary and see yas all then :D

Jonny

21. JED1

JED1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 1998
    I'll pencil the 4th in Tim!

22. boonta-eve

Jan 10, 2006
    Yup. I will be there on the 4th :)

23. Tone

Tone Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 17, 2005
    The 4th suits me too.

24. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Wow! That's four so far, and of all ages ...

DARTH_DONALD and MrDankDonk - 4th November any good for you guys?

25. MrDankDonk

MrDankDonk Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2001
    quite possibly

I'll check me diary at home, see what I've planned and subsequently forgotten...

26. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Excellent :D Donald?

I have a small guidebook on Glasgow, been looking through. Now, with working again I have Fri evening - Monday free. I could in theory stay over till Monday morning, and see more of your beautiful city, there is a lot to do. And that'll mean November 5th, bonfire night. Anyone want to meet on Sunday too? That's not a definite, the Sat 4th is.

27. Hey Tim,

definately, mate, I'm taking that Monday off work anyway for an extended weekend, could meet you again on the monday before you head back down south for a quick pint if you like? :D

Hope more people can come :)

Jonny

28. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Excellent, let me get the travel and accomodation sorted, then we are clear. If I am in a Premier Travel Inn, I can sign out like 12pm no worries, but you'll have to do the drinking lol, I don't drink ;)

29. DARTH_DONALD

Jun 3, 2005
    :_| fraid not guys, i work i retail and tryin to get the weekend off during peak is like tryin to get a real lightsaber..... not a hope in heck, even with 2 and a bit months notice :_|

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.