main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

<FFA> in STAR WARS Galaxies(Chilastra)

Discussion in 'Archive: Lafayette, LA' started by Ubigod, Jul 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swampsurfer

Swampsurfer Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2001
    The town we will be setting up in is Elija Fields, Corellia.

Does this mean that you finally broke down and entered SWG?

If so, what is your username on that server, wicket_the_ewok? I was hoping to keep everyone in the <FFA> guild with their post name online, but I am afraid the naming filter will veto you LOL.

2. MasterJediShake

MasterJediShake Jedi Youngling

Jun 9, 2003
    Well it might help if we had a list of everyones names.

Swamps when you jumping over here to Chilastra.

My name is Massta Shayke. I havent seen anyone on this server that we are moving to
    Hopefully with a name list I wont feel so alone.

3. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Yep. You're right. I have a list started by the way. I will get to that this evening, after work. Sorry I didn't do it already.

4. Aethon

Aethon Jedi Youngling

Sep 12, 2003
    Most of my playtime is spent in space these days. That means that if you send me a tell i will probably miss it due to combat spam. So try sending about 6 tells back to back to get my attention. Even then if I only give a short answer it is because I am in combat and cant stop to type.

If anyone would like to join me in space please email me so we can hook up. Even if you are not much of a pilot yet I can help you with missions and such. I just love being in space, so doesnt matter to me what I am doing up there.

Also the guild that I am in, Huwipa Alliance, has an abundance of crafters. If there are any items you need let me or anyone there know (use my name if you need to) and we can certainly help you get some equipment to get you rolling.

Oh and my game name on Chilastra is Cim Taurus for those who dont know.

See you all in a galaxy far, far away...

5. Soler-Vector

Soler-Vector Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2005
    i finaley got the ram i needed.now star wars runs a hole lot faster no more lag.ya.now i can realey injoy the game.

6. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Excellent. I hope to find the time to log in tonight, after dinner. Late. Also, on the cellphone. I don't know how possible that is going to be.

I am in Panama City, Florida. And the beach is great!

7. wicket_the_ewok

wicket_the_ewok Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    Galaxies ROCKS!! just got the total experience expansion and started playing and guess what, i meet a jedi! im in mos eisley right now learning the rope of SWG from a jedi, i think. the only problem is that there is a bunch of lag for some reason. my computer meets all the requirements. i go by the name Wickethom (it is pronounced wicket tom). if you haven't got galaxies yet, get the total experience expansion. can't wait to meet yall in the galaxy.

8. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    OK. This is what is going on. My old avatar Swampsurfer on Tempest will remain for now. I will continue with my new avatar Dre' on Chilastra.

We have established a guild hall in the city of Elysian Fields, on Corellia. The coordinates are (3932, -2756). The name of the guild for now is FanForce SouthWest and the tag is <FFSW>. A star next to a name in the following list of known avatar names denotes that a member has already signed up in the guild. All members will have the ability to sponsor, but for now I will reserve the right to accept new members.

Avatar Name = FanForce UserName (FanForce Group)
    ----------- -----------------
    Cim = Aethon (FanForce Acadiana)
    Dre' = Swampsurfer (FanForce Acadiana)*
    Elann = DarthGuido (FanForce Acadiana)
    Massta = MasterJediShake (FanForce Acadiana)
    Nabooty'call = Nabooty Call (Dallas Ft. Worth FanForce)
    Soler = Soler-Vector (FanForce Acadiana)*
    Warrenzevon = Mando_Ithorian (FanForce Acadiana)*
    Wickethom = Wicket_the_ewok (FanForce Acadiana)
    Wrenn = NEW MEMBER TBA (FanForce Acadiana?)*

Finally, I made room on MY CALENDAR for SWG Nights. This will be a temp. schedule and we can discuss changes in guild meetings. OK?

The dates are as follows:
    Mon., June 27th
    Sat., July 2nd
    Wed., July 6th
    Mon., July 11th
    Sat., July 16th
    Wed., July 20th
    Mon., July 25th
    Sat., July 30th
    Wed., Aug. 3rd
    Mon., Aug. 8th
    Sat., Aug. 13th
    Wed., Aug. 17th
    Mon., Aug. 22nd
    Sat., Aug. 27th
    Wed., Aug. 31st

You should be able to notice a patern. The days are the same every other week. Sorry, but that's how my schedule runs. Still, this is all subject to change once we have a meeting to discuss it.

The idea is that as many of us as possible will log in between 6PM and midnight on these dates to make adventuring with other FanForce members as fun and rewarding as possible. Once you get to know everyone, look for them during other times and try to hang together. The closer we support each other in game, the more fun I think we will all have.

Try to schedule your other in-game activities around these play times, so that you can spend time gettin' to know your fellow FanForce members.

9. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Crap. I made a big error! I just notice we are not FanForce SouthWest, we are FanForce MidSouth. I changed the guild name in game to FanForce MidSouth and the tag will be <FFMS>. However, the game mechanics don't allow a name change until another 7 days. So we will be known as FanForce SouthWest for a week. OOOPS!

Also, those who's house I set up, I will have to change that too. Sorry.

10. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    Not a whole lot of time to play these days, but I'll "officially" join as soon as I can inform my current guild of the change. Not too big a deal, while I don't like leaving there's also few members still in it that were there when I joined or who I regularly interact with...almost a ghost town now...

Anybody know how to "move" the items in your house? Can you just collapse the house to deed and keep everything in it or what?

11. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Nope. You have to pick up ever item in the building before redeeding. Easiest thing is to get a new house, move stuff back and forth, then redeed the old one when you are done. If you don't have the lots, have someone else hold the new house on their lots. When you are ready, they can use the /transferStructure command to give your new house with all items in it to you.

Also check out this thread

STAR WARS Galaxies FanForce MidSouth USA Guild <FFMS>

. . . I posted it in the FanForce MidSouth Discussion Boards. Soon, it will be everywhere! Every MisSouth FanForce Board, both TheForce.Net boards and indipendant boards. Every, Galaxy board will get a plug. Help me get the word out. Also, give me feedback before it's too late.

12. Mando_Ithorian

Mando_Ithorian Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    Hey guys,

Here's a quick heads-up for those of you who may not have noticed it on the main site or heard about it on-line from other players. [If some of you have already participated, I apologize and you can just skip this post.] Those of you interested in some nifty decorations for your homes will be interested in running one of these missions:

http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/content.jsp?page=Friday%20Feature%20-%20Empire%20Day

The Imperial missions to celebrate Empire Day (the day Palpatine declared himself Emperor, as seen in RotS) begin by talking to an Imperial agent in Nashul, on Talus. The Rebel missions bent on undermining the celebration begin with talking to a fellow in the basement of the cantina in Anchorhead.

I ran the Rebel missions last night with guildies on Bria and it took over an hour just because the lag in Coronet is so bad it crashed my game twice. (How I abhor that city.) You can choose to do non-combat delivery missions, or combat missions, and I believe you get two different prizes if you run the missions both ways. On the delivery, only the last part of the quest is perilous, but if you have a speeder and steer carefully, you should be alright. It ends on Yavin IV, where you get to meet up with a certain celebrity from the movies who has some very nice words to say to you about your support of the Rebellion.

The prizes (two copies of the same thing) which I received are very nifty! After I grind my Bria Master Musician up to Novice Carbineer this week, I am probably gonna come over to Chilastra and run the missions with Warrenzevon. His home could use some decorating!

13. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    I too am excited about this. Also, Chapter 3 for the Secrets of the Syren is out!

Today I deleted " Dre' Swampsurfer " from the CHILASTRA galaxy in anticipation of transfering " Swampsurfer " from the TEMPEST galaxy over to CHILASTRA. I am awaiting confirmation that items are transferable. Despite the information in Publish 17 notes dated May 26th, no one seems to know much about this. I sent a PM to Tiggs the SWG - Director of Community Relations (a DEV), poster of the thread that announced item transfers with the Character Transfer Service. Let's hope I don't get the DEV run-a-round.

I ask that you all add "Tempest.Swampsurfer" to your friend's list in CHILASTRA. This way you can eMail and /tell me in the TEMPEST galaxy.

Confirm with an InGame eMail to this character if you don't mind. Thanks.

14. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    I bit the bullet. I allowed the Dr' McCoy of SWG to splatter my atoms across the galaxies.

I am now naked and itemless in CHILASTRA. My avatar's name is Swampsurfer. Hope to see you all real soon, and remember to be nice to he who has lost a lot. ;)

15. Han_SoHi

Han_SoHi Jedi Youngling

Jul 1, 2005
    ahhhhh i dropped the money for galaxies.... In chilastra... corellia... everything... only propblem is i went to the wrong spacesport dont have money for ride and used my speeder on another avatar.... Come pick me up.. Lol... E-mail Nek'kal Krane

16. Han_SoHi

Han_SoHi Jedi Youngling

Jul 1, 2005
    Good news... I Ran my twi'lek self there and got Massta to make me a member haha.. He said something bout Swampsurfer giving me a house... Hmmmmm Let me know! - Nek'kal Krane

17. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Sounds good. I'll be lookin' for you once I get my laptop back together. Reformatted and having network problems. Using wireless.

18. wicket_the_ewok

wicket_the_ewok Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    i stumbled upon this link while browsing theforce.net Five Reasons Galaxies is not Worth Your Time . just thought yall should have a look at this. personaly i do not share these same opinions as the guy who wrote this article.

19. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    There is some fact to this person's statments. However, from a programer's point of view, this game is very hard to manage. The effort the developers have put forth is to be commended. It's very hard to keep everyone satisfied and STAR WARS fans are some of the most demanding people out there. New games commin' out trying to cash in on the customer base has forced SOE to adhere to deadlines in order to keep the game alive.

This is more my opinion than a statement of fact, but I believe they really want to create a great product. And I am going to continue to support them in what they do. I don't know of any other place to get this caliber of STAR WARS experience, except watching STAR WARS film.

20. Nabooty_Call

Sep 11, 2000
    I think the more sensitive, hardcore players are the ones who are up in arms about SWG...I've not been on much lately but have had a good time and even finished up some quests that are long overdue.

The more I play post-CU, the more I tend to like it.

21. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001

22. Nabooty_Call

Sep 11, 2000
    Lol, wish I'd seen your post I would have logged on for a bit.

Got a new job teaching school, and have been/continue to be in training so my SWG time is very limited!

Hope to be on soon though...

23. DarthGuido

DarthGuido Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2002
    Hey guys,
    Sorry I haven't been on much this summer, I've been very busy with work. Out of town two weeks at a time and not much time to do anything else when I'm home. I talked to Swamp earlier tonight. I'm going to try my best to be in game a little more often in the coming weeks and months. I'm one unlock away (and then a lot of grinding and a few missions)from Jedi. I want to get this before Nov. 1st when the new expansion comes out. It looks to have some REALLY cool content including a certain lava planet. Here's a link to the lucas arts site and the announcement for it. Hope to see you guys soon. Have fun.

http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swgalaxies_trials/

24. Ikeena

Ikeena Jedi Youngling

Aug 23, 2005
    Just signed up for the boards. Toon on Chilastra is named Ikeena Okamundo. Gimmee a holler Swamp, I'll be on later tonight after doing b-day stuff with my wife.

25. KaoS_SWG-DS

KaoS_SWG-DS Jedi Youngling

Jan 6, 2006
    Hey guys i was wanting to join the Acadiana Fan force i live in Geismar Louisiana and have SWG im a 7 month double pre cu player and love swg and dont ever inted to quit until it dies out i curently play on a euro server... europe-chimaera and my new toon's name is khaoz he's a cl40 jedi and im in the guild DS( old character was Iasek cl80 mbh/mcm/xxx4 pistoleer). I love to RP on swg and long SW and i would be willing to make a character on Chilastra and play on the server regulary. SWG is my main game atm and i love it.

[image=http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a154/americanidiotDTH/picturepicture.jpg]

You can check out my guilds website at www.swgplayerevents.com im logged in as Iasek.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.