main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FFE Meet 2009

Discussion in 'Europe General Archive' started by MsLanna, Jun 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I'm good with Sweden, now that I have a great reason to go there. :D

2. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Amsterdam or Prague. :D This is like choosing a destination for my graduation excursion. :p
    I went to Prague in the end and it was awesome. And cheap. I wouldn't mind going there again. However, I would like to see Amsterdam, since I've never been there.

Sweden is cool. I haven't been there in a long time although I have some relatives and my godfather in Halmstad. :)

Krakow would be great too. I've never been to Poland, and there are very cheap flights. :)

3. WhiteHorse

WhiteHorse Jedi Master star 4

Apr 3, 2002
    Had you gone to the Lisbon meeting (2004), you would have loved it. ;)

4. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    OK, I hardly ever visit this board, so blame Cobra for giving me the link to this thread. :p

And since I'm already here, I might as well vote for Prague (considering that I might show up...).

Pros:

- good travel connection (cheap flights with EasyJet, RyanAir and SkyEurope)
    - cheap food and drinks (especially beer - there is a number of pubs with their own small breweries, so you can try something different than the famous stuff)
    - cheap and pretty decent accomodation in university dormitories, but also a lot of hotels to choose from
    - lot of beautiful sights to see
    - numerous tea houses around the town offering cosy atmosphere, good teas and sheeshas
    - the general atmosphere of the city

:)

5. Qui-Gina-Jinn

Qui-Gina-Jinn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 2, 2003
    Sorry for not posing here earlier!

Prauge does sound nice and so does Sweden.

But of course, you would all be more than welcome in Denmark as well ;)

6. morrison85

morrison85 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 13, 2005
    Luebeck or Husum? Flensburg? Maybe Germany is not on thw map atm , but why not go to some nice town in north Germany other than Hamburg?it is even closer for those swedish folks.

7. Enji

Enji Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 14, 2002
    Well, Germany had the meeting in 2006 (Berlin), so I think it would be nice to go somewhere else. Also, it seems more "fair" to spread it around a bit. :)

8. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Yep, and it's some kind of tradition to change the country for every meeting, so Germany will have a break for the next years (most probably). ;) :)

9. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    Though we're only a few years in and are already struggling to come up with another one.

Oh, actually, I'll vote for Prague now - it got more unlikely that I go there later this year; some Australian girl makes up wacky travel schedules :p

10. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Denmark sounds very nice too. :)
    Qui-Gina, so you know city would have cheap travel connections? (like EasyJet, Ryanair...)

If Denmark is not an option, my vote definitely goes to Prague then.

Although here is something I've come across recently - Celebration V rumors by Steve Sansweet. It says that the next CE might be in Berlin. I asked for confirmation, but I still don't know if it is only a rumor or something more than that.

11. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    If that's the interview from the Jedi-Con (March 2008), then it's just a rumour, because Sansweet said that he would love to see it in Germany/Berlin, but he also said that its place hasn't decided yet (yet = March 2008). So we can hope, but it's not sure yet.

Back to topic:
    What cities/places do we have to choose from?
    Prague, Denmark, Amsterdam, ??

From those two I would vote for Prague, because I haven't been there and it's said that it's a nice city. :)

12. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Yeah, if they are planning some event, they'll most probably announce it after Celebration Japan.

13. I_am_Kooky

I_am_Kooky Sth Aust. Chapter Representative star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    I will come to any event, anywhere as long as its between Oct the 2nd and Nov the 14th 08! I would Love to come!

14. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Sorry, there, Kooky, but I don't think we will manage the Meeting of 2009 this year.;)

15. I_am_Kooky

Jun 28, 2004
    Sure? it said 08 as well in da title! *pouts* Still, I am coming around so I hope to meet most of you anyway. . .(in between the dates up in my lost post)

16. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Aye. I just noticed this board. :p
    So hello everyone. *waves*

If the meeting takes place in 2008, when would it be? It's kind of short notice, isn't it?
    For 2009 I'd suggest the Netherlands. Beautiful little country and not too expensive and it's easy to reach, imo.

Just my two cents.

17. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Maybe somebody with modly powers could remove the 2008 from the thread-headr? just avoid further confusion.[face_batting]
    It really is a bit late to plan a FFE Meet for this year.:oops:

18. I_am_Kooky

Jun 28, 2004
    *jedi mind trick*

its not to late to orgnise a FFE meet for November 2008. . .

*waves hand*

19. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    Well, there are two "things" happening in October this year. Pulsies (another Aussie) is coming over so there're going to be little meetups in London and Prague :p

20. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Ah, the Celebration Pi. :p

21. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I really have to ask Pulsie when she's going to Prague, since I'm also planning on going there this autumn.

22. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    I think she said immediately after CEPi in that thread - complete with Monopoly metaphor

23. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Well me, Qui-Gina and Berg talked about the next FFEM last weekend when we met in Stockholm. Qui-Gina is happy to host it in Copenhagen and we think it's best to make a decision as soon as possible, so unless someone objects strongly can we decide to have it in Copenhagen the summer of 2009.

24. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    I thought most of us wanted Prague...

:p

25. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    That's the impression I got, too.
    But I am all for deciding. What about a poll?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.