main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fic: Small Matter of Finding a Date--JA Obi & Qui (Non-Slash)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by IceAngel1026, Oct 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IceAngel1026

IceAngel1026 Jedi Youngling

Sep 20, 2002
    Hello all! I'm new! Um...Hopefully I don't have to do anything with html stuff and...stuff...Well, this is my first attempt at um...star wars fanfiction...so be kind!

Here is it:

Disclaimer: Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon and others of the Star Wars galaxy do not belong to me. I'm just playing with them for a while.

A/N: Um...this is my first SW fic, so be kind. I'm sorry if I got the characterizations wrong. I made Qui-Gon a bit more playful in this story. I dunno...Well, like I said: be kind. Oh! And the stuff between the ~'s are thoughts.

Title: The Small Matter of Finding a Date

Genre: Humor...hopefully

Summary: Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan have a little discussion on why Obi has to go to the Padawan Winter Solstice Social...

"Master, with all due respect, I really don't see why I have to go..."

Qui-Gon Jinn considered himself a very reasonable man. Most other people would agree as well. The Jedi Master had a reputation as a man with an immeasurable amount of patience. But then again, it was just that: a reputation. As of right now he could feel himself slowly start to lose the classic Jedi stoicism. The cause of the Great Qui-Gon Jinn's fall to frustration? Well, the answer was quite simple, wasn't it? Only one being in the entire world could make him come this close to losing his patience. Two words:

"Obi-Wan..." He sighed as he pinched the bridge of his nose. "Padawan, we've been through this more times then is absolutely necessary. In order for one to learn social skills, one needs to be immersed in social settings. ALL social settings. That not only means formal diplomatic functions, but basic simple social functions such as..."

"Dances...but, Master..."

"That was very close to a whine, Padawan."

Obi-Wan gave an indignant sputter. "I am a Jedi, Master. Jedi do not whine."

"My point exactly, Padawan. So, stop it. You are going to the Padawan Winter Solstice Social and that's final."

He watched as his apprentice took in a deep breath and resigned himself to his fate. "Can I ask just one question, Master?"

"Just one? That would be a first," he answered with something that came out as a snort.

Obi-Wan gave him his usual "I'm not in the mood for your attitude, Master" look. By the time the boy grew up to be a Jedi Master himself, he would be able to level every single Jedi, Initiate to Council Member, with that look. The thought made him smile somewhat. The mere notion that HIS padawan would be able to bring down the great Council Member and Jedi Master Mace Windu with one look was somewhat refreshing.

"Master," Obi-Wan started with the look again, "sarcasm does not suit you."

How it was that his PADAWAN could make him feel chastised was beyond him. Sometimes he had to remind himself that he, Jedi MASTER Qui-Gon Jinn, was indeed the MASTER in this relationship. "No, I suppose that I should leave that to you...Now, what was your question?"

"Most other Masters would much rather their Padawans stay home and study than go to some frivolous dance party. I would much rather stay home and study, and spend time with you, and yet you're actually FORCING me to go...I don't understand. Please could you at least do me the favor of telling me the REAL reason why you're forcing me to go to the Social?"

"Are you insinuating that I'm not telling you the truth?" Qui-Gon crossed his arms and took the stance that had come to be known as the "You better not say something I'm not going to like hearing, or else you'll be in a world of pain" posture.

Apparently the stance didn't work on his Padawan, because all the boy did was roll his eyes. "Don't give me that look, Master...You know any and all effectiveness of THAT particular stance went out the window as soon as I turned sixteen and came to the realization that you really weren't as scary as you made yourself out to be, and that you were, in fact, somewhat of a...softy."

Now it was his turn to sputter indignantly. "I am not a softy, Padawan...and anyway, back to the point at hand: are you insinuating

2. obi-wannabe_1138

obi-wannabe_1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 31, 2002
    Ha! Really cute. I enjoyed this fic very much, IceAngel. Nice work. I look forward to reading more of your work. It was very funny.

3. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    I like the way you write Obi and Qui interaction.

I would have liked to have seen more on this too. Maybe in your next one ?[face_plain]

4. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    "That was very close to a whine, Padawan."

I loved that line (maybe because my parents use it on me). :p

This is brilliant! Welcome to the boards! I hope you enjoy your time here - as much as I'm going to enjoy reading your stories :)

Kit

5. IceAngel1026

IceAngel1026 Jedi Youngling

Sep 20, 2002
    Thanks you guys! I love reading fanfiction here! It's SO great. Gotta get my Young Obi/Qui-Gon fix... heehee :-D I'm trying to get over this tiny little case of writer's block for the next part, but I really dont' know where I wanna go with it. Oh well, I guess I'll just see where my imagination takes me.

Thanks for the reviews though!

-Ice

6. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    At last, someone who can actually write Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan the way they should be written --- with wit and style. Keep up the good work and I look forward to more of your fanfics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.