main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San A, TX Fiesta Parade

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by DarthCynthia72, Mar 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthCynthia72

DarthCynthia72 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2005
    [face_thinking] Hey guys, maybe we should consider doing this. It would be great. Think about it. It's at night so it can't be "that" hot. We can wear walking shoes under our costumes like the royal court does under their dresses, so our feet won't hurt. They'll have helpers there to give us water to keep us hydrated. Come on guys. We can do this. If I can get the majority of us to do this, I'll be there in a Princess Leia costume. I PROMISE. What do y'all say?:D

2. lordsinner

lordsinner Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2005
    I'll Go! I've marched in one of the Parades before when I was in Marching Band. I think it was the Battle of Flowers parade, day time. Super hot, but, super fun. I highly recommend.

3. DarthCynthia72

May 2, 2005
    Thank you. Now how about Lisa, Brent, Marselles, Alex, the rest of the gang?

4. JEDI_SHADOWTECH

JEDI_SHADOWTECH Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 12, 2005
    I remember when I marched in the parade back when I was with the High school band ..it was both a nice feeling (having the crowd cheer for you)[face_dancing] and a relief that it was over (hot, sweaty, and feet were sore)[face_tired] It would be nice to see star wars marching down Broadway street and into downtown on t.v. but in costume ..no way
    You know I would participate with you guys but this is event [face_shame_on_you] [face_talk_hand]

5. DarthCynthia72

May 2, 2005
    [face_frustrated] OKAY FINE.
    How 'bout the rest of you?[:D]

6. Sith_Mistress

Sith_Mistress Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    Hey, Cynthia :)

Pete and SWSSA have invited us to join them for the fiesta parade, and I'm sure some of us will be joining them. I don't think we have enough people with costumes to do it on our own, so our best bet is to join with them. I'm just not sure about doing it because it is a long parade, and late April is usually very hot. I also really like to concentrate on doing events that benefit specific organizations, like we are planning to do a visit to the Children's Shelter in late April. If you really want to do something fun in costume, you should join us for that.

Lisa

7. DarthCynthia72

May 2, 2005
    [face_dancing] ALL-RIGHTY THEN, that sounds cool. keep me posted on dates & times.[face_peace]

8. Darth-Hulk

Darth-Hulk Jedi Padawan star 4

May 2, 2003
    Now Cynthia, don't get discouraged. You can muster up people to do the Fiesta Parade or go with Pete's group if you still want to do it. We don't mind. It's about your enjoyment. I don't dress up anymore. Fat guys in half-ass jedi costumes just don't work.

Go do what you wish to do! I have faith in you!

9. Captain_Pete_Solo

Captain_Pete_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2001
    Cynthia, get a hold of me. Email at pete_solo@yahoo or look me up on myspace.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.