main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

BC Finding toys in Vancouver

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Peej, Nov 30, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peej

Peej Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 1, 2000
    I have had some luck in finding the new power of the force toys in Vancouver so far. I do recommend not paying a whole lot for them as prices seem to go between the $8 range and $21 for the same figure. For an example is Golden Age in Downtown Vancouver has a few of the figures, but they are horribly overpriced.

The last one that interests me is not out yet and is the Luke Skywalker in the Vader costume.

2. Gungan_Lover

Gungan_Lover Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2000
    I haven't seen any of the new stuff out here in Surrey.

3. ninjedi

ninjedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 13, 2000
    Toys R Us in Richmond always has bins full of TPM toys as well as OT re-releases at big discounts. My wife works there, so I see them all the time. Any Toys R Us is a good bet, figures are down to 99 cents and vehicles are usually in the $5 range at discount.

4. Peej

Aug 1, 2000
    I will have to go check out Toys R Us and see what they have that I do not though I have most of the figures I want from TPM. It is mostly the "Power Of The Jedi" line that I am interested in. I hope that we see a good range of figures when they start coming out for Episode II.

5. Gungan_Lover

Oct 21, 2000
    I heard that the POTJ line will not be coming to Canada. Hasbro does not think there is enough of a market in Canada.

6. Peej

Aug 1, 2000
    You are correct but there are a lot of places that have pulled them in anyway to meet the demand that does exist here for the toys. However you have to be careful not to pay to much for them. I got the Darth Maul and the Obi-Wan POTJ toys for $8 at a place in Richmond at Electronic Boutique. I saw the same toy at Golden Age in Downtown Vancouver for more than twice as much.

7. Gungan_Lover

Oct 21, 2000
    That's kinda far for me to drive to save a few bucks. I think there's an EB in Guildford mall in Surrey. Maybe I'll check them out.

8. Peej

Aug 1, 2000
    Worth a try. Oddly for a store that is dedicated to selling computer games and the like they have been getting in some pretty cool and rather hard to find toys as of late. I found a McFarlane Movie Maniacs Ash there the other day for $5 cheaper than I had anywhere else.

9. Gungan_Lover

Oct 21, 2000
    I went there today. Nothing Star Wars, but they did have other action figures.

10. Peej

Aug 1, 2000
    Has anyone come across a "Dagobah Darth Vader" figure just yet? It was put out in the Power Of The Jedi line and for the life of me I cannot find it up here. What is a little scary is the lowest priced figure I have seen anywhere now is $18.50 so the fact I managed to get Maul and Obi-Wan for so cheap is amazing.

Like it or not I am thinking a good trip down past the border is in order. Hasbro blames us up here for the problems in not selling so many Episode One figures when it was there own fault. They purposely limited the number of Darth Maul figures per box. This forced stores to order more boxes than they would have otherwise to get enough Maul figures to meet demand. This in turn gave them a lot of the figures no one wanted to buy (ie: Ric Ole, etc).

11. Gold-Leader

Gold-Leader Jedi Youngling

Jan 6, 2001
    I did find a Dagobah Vader a couple of weeks ago across the border. They are only 1 per case so they are extremely hard to find

12. Gungan_Lover

Oct 21, 2000
    I saw a Stormtrooper with Battle Damage at the Cloverdale Flea Market for $10, and several other of last year's figs for around the same price. I guess that's old news now, though.

13. Gold-Leader

Jan 6, 2001
    Big Pete's got in some wave 6 POTJ.he has a couple of each left. The IG-88 , Mon Cal and Plo Koon are pretty good. The K-3PO is OK. The price is pretty good at $14

14. Peej

Aug 1, 2000
    The more I hear the more I dislike Hasbo and their marketing tactics. If I am not mistaken one of the reasons we get so few POTJ figures is that Episode I figures sold so terribly. Why did they do that? Well because Maul was only 3 to a box while other figures were 10 to a box stores had to order more to keep up with demand for that figure. This created a glut of figures (like Ric Ole) that no one wanted.

This is the same sort of crap that is likely going to happen with Episode II with a standout character from its lineup.

15. Gold-Leader

Jan 6, 2001
    According to some reports that I have seen Hasbro will begin shipping POTJ to Canada starting this month with the 300th Boba Fett. The thing I can't understand is why the new IG-88 has the same flaw as the one from the SOTE 2 pack. This new one has the same leg that is shorter than the other again

16. Gungan_Lover

Oct 21, 2000
    You are correct. I have just found several figs at Wal-Mart in Langley. Let's see, I got Mon Calamari, K-3P0, Ben Kenobi, Han Solo, Scout Trooper, and IG-88 (these are all POTJ). They are on tri-logo cards and they cost $8.91 plus tax. :)

17. FBJK_Pretender

FBJK_Pretender Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 13, 2000
    I may as well mention the last few times I have visited Toys R Us in Coquitlam they had a couple of bins full of TPM toys on sale as you walked in, everything from vehicles to figures. Chances are they probably STILL have those toys on sale. :)

18. Gold-Leader

Jan 6, 2001
    Hopefully this is seen in time. There are 6 Boba Fett #300 figures left at Toys R' Us in Coquitlam. They are $17.99. They just came in Today March 6th. I doubt they will last long.

19. Peej

Aug 1, 2000
    Has anyone managed to find a Dagobaugh (spelt wrong I'm certain) Darth Vader? Or even a blue guard from the POTJ line? I know my chances this late in the game of finding one of slim to nill but I would love to get one.

I can just imagine the crap we are going to have to go through again to get the good figures for EP2.

20. Gold-Leader

Jan 6, 2001
    I got a vader in Bellingham haven't seen the canadian one yet. I did see a guard at big pete's but that was a while ago

21. _5_1_5_0_

_5_1_5_0_ Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2001
    Anyone have any updated lists as to finding Newer figures in stores namely Toys R Us???... Im looking for newer episode 1 figures... one that we couldnt find up here b4??... and the new POTJ line... anywhere else Wal Mart or Toys R Us.. lemme know !!

22. Gungan_Lover

Oct 21, 2000
    I found many POTJ figs at Wal-Mart at Guildford mall in Surrey. I got Dagobah Vader, Fode and Beed, Gungan Warrior, Qui-Gon (Mos Espa Disguise), Sebulba, Obi-Wan Jedi, and there are several other older POTJ as well. Better hurry, though, because they are flying off the shelves.

23. spoodger

spoodger Jedi Youngling

Mar 25, 2001
    was @ metrotown on way home from lecture and it seems as usual TRU was bare bones, although they did have a lot of those stupid droideka watches, which everyone is dying for!

As for zellers, there is no word as to whther or not they have started setting up pegs for potj!

remember, for almost daily store sightings and star wars discussions,

try

swvancouver@yahoogroups.com

24. spoodger

spoodger Jedi Youngling

Mar 25, 2001
    there's leia, chewbacca, porkins and amadala theed at wallmart langley.

nothing at guildford walmart, 6 or 7 pegwarmers

wallmart lougheed has nothing but empty pegs!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.