main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

First Fan Force Meeting

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by cruznseal2, Apr 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cruznseal2

cruznseal2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 19, 2001
    Hey, just got back from the meeting. I thought it went really well (The turnout was great) It was a lot of fun talking star wars and getting to know every one. I know that me being the youngest means I?m the odd man out but I?d like to thank every one for including me any way.

Can?t wait for the next meeting.

2. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    Hi. I'm the quiet one.

3. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    I had a good time meeting people too. Marcy and I usually are, or used to be, the quiet ones so we tried to talk to people we saw that weren't speaking and things like that. I think it's easy if you realize that everyone there loves Star Wars just like you do. Maybe they prefer Luke to Anakin, or Vader to Maul, but the general love is there. Some people dress up, some people play the video games, but either way it's Star Wars. As for age differences, I think we're all kids when it comes to SW. Our room is full of Lego people, and we go crazy when we find an action figure. Marcy and I both had a good time, and we look forward to seeing people again.

4. SySnootles

SySnootles Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    Hello all. I wanted to post as soon as I could and let everyone know that I enjoyed the first meeting very much and am looking forward to getting together again.

Quiet ones and talkative ones, we meshed rather well, I believe. The gathering brought to mind a saying I heard from someone trying to describe to me the friendly atmosphere among Grateful Dead fans: "There are no strangers here -- only friends you haven't met yet." I always liked that saying, and I'm glad to have experienced it myself.

Looking forward to posting and lurking,

Catie

5. Outlander_

Outlander_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2002
    Hey everyone,

It was good meeting you all...and good to know there are so many SW fans around here. I look forward to getting to know you all better.

Outlander_

6. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    I just finished recording the news coverage in MPEG format.

7. TwistyMaeSkywalker

TwistyMaeSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 3, 2000
    Just saw the story on Fox 6...now I'm really dissapointed that I couldn't go!

:(

Maybe next time...before or after Celebration II (especially for those of us not going?)

8. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    We're going to have another meeting before the Celebration, at the MSOE thing, it's listed in the thread by Skywalker1138, we're waiting on details. We did decide on Wisconsin FanForce: Milwookiee Council (I think it was council), based on the idea that like Boba Femme and the Chicago Fan Force guy mentioned, for right now it's the central location, but we'll still have get-togethers in other areas so sometimes some people will travel less, and others will travel more, and it all equals out.

9. marajoan

marajoan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2002
    Welcome to all you knew posters. We were glad to hear and see many of you today. I think it went great and I couldn't believe the turnout. As one of the talky ones, I apologize but I just love Star Wars and I talk too much when I am short on sleep. Only got an hour and a half but it was REALLY, REALLY worth it.

10. que4zone

que4zone Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2002
    Ello,

I just got home from the meeting, which was well worth the drive. I enjoyed meeting all of you and await the next meeting (Not sure if I can make it to MSOE, but will definitely be at the Celebration meeting!)..

11. mirrax

mirrax Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2002
    I just finished watched the tape of our initial meeting and it was great! Fox did a good job of introducing it (there was a blurb at the 9:00 news about it, and then the actual filming at the 10:00) I loved meeting everyone, putting a face to the people on the boards, plus meeting all the newcomers. Thanks to everyone that made the trip and we'll hopefully soon meet all that couldn't make it there.

12. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    It was great meeting all of you today! Now to remeber the names...

I didn't get a chance to see the news tonight. If anyone has a digital copy I could download I would appreciate it!

13. que4zone

que4zone Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2002
    Yeah.. BYOB_Kenobi, if you can get it to (who ever wants it), that would be great!!...

14. jedisister

jedisister Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 1, 2001
    Hey Everyone! Awesome turn out yesterday! It was great to meet you all. BYOB_Kenobi and Que, would you guys be able to put the news coverage on our site? If BYOB could send it Que to put up that would be great. I'll have a newsletter of sorts sent today to Que to post there also. Hope to see many of you again at future meetings. May the force be with you, all.

15. Skywalker1138

Skywalker1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2002
    I thought the meet was a lot of fun and went smoothly for not having had any real agenda. Everyone seems real nice and our interests in Star Wars seem broad enough we'll always have something new to talk about between us as individuals too.

Celebration still doesn't seem like an event I can make and being another die-hard fan, I'm doing everything to figure out HOW/IF I can still somehow manage to go. I'm stopping at home today and will check messages to see if Eric called. If not, I will call tonight and see if he's come up with any details for the MSOE meet. Either way, I'm on it. :)

I found out that Wampas1138 and I seem to identify with how Star Wars vs. Star Trek, and I found out who the real Luke vs. Han fans are (and still am finding out) so it's been a real blast.

Looking forward to MSOE :)

16. Skywalker1138

Skywalker1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2002
    See you soon

17. jedisister

jedisister Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 1, 2001
    Skywalker,
    Dan has a thread on it that says something about the website and the address is there.

18. Bujo

Bujo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    Sounds like I missed a good time. Thanks Mauler for giving a call even though things were ending. Good the hear that all went well and congratulations on the TV coverage

19. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    Bujo,
    I sent you a rather lengthy PM. Please read it.

20. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    Hey Skywalker1138, I keep a collection of Han in Carbonites on my Boba Fett shrine, if that tells you where I stand on the Han versus Luke thing. (I like Han just fine, except for that one shining moment that begins with the harbinger's cry of "Boba Fett... where?")

21. Bujo

Bujo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    marajoan-

Um, don't see any personal messages. Where did you send it? To my e-mail or somewhere else . . .?

22. marajoan

Mar 3, 2002
    I sent it as a private message on the boards here. Look at the top of this page where it says that you are logged in. It says private messages and will say how many there are for you. Click on it and it will list them and you can click on the ones you want to read.

23. LeiaYT1300

LeiaYT1300 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    Pardon for the late post, but after Jenni and I left, it was on to my costume. I was so busy, I even missed the news (how dumb was that!). I hope I can download one of the mpegs from someone at home tonight.
    (And yes, my costume is giving me problems--what was I thinking?!)

Anyway, it was wonderful to meet all of you, to put names to faces. It was a great time and I am looking forward to more. Jenni and I really enjoyed ourselves (and I hope I didn't talk too much--I'm known for putting my foot in it on occasion).

Well, see you soon!

24. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    Man! I couldn't make this meeting and I can't make the next two. I feel like I'm NEVER going to meet you guys! :_| That's what I get for going to a school in the middle of nowhere and not being able to afford a car. :( I feel like Luke stuck on Tatooine...but not that whiney. Maybe the fourth meeting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.