main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

First meeting planning

Discussion in 'Archive: York/Lancaster, PA' started by Rebel_Spook, May 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    OK, now that we have a board, we can start to discuss when we will have our first meeting and where we want to have it.

I know that there is at least 4 of us interested, so we shouldn't have any problem getting the minimum 3 together for at least the first meeting.

As hyped as I am about this, I will have to say that this weekend is out for me. I have family coming into town for Sarah's dedication at church on Sunday. If we want to try for a weeknight next week, that might be possible.

As for locations, I think we should stick to places that are pretty easy to get to and from. Restaurants and stores/malls along 30 seem to be a decent idea.

Also, let discuss the topics we want to cover at our first meeting. I think publicity/recruitment is a high priority.

2. chld-dark

chld-dark Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2003
    Weekends are pretty much the best for me. I work Monday - Thursday till around 8pm at night, so most days during the week are shot unless we're meeting someplace that has late hours.

Publicity / recruitment / activities to build comradery / ('camaraderie') / wookie mating calls and their affect on the youth of today..

:-D

And the area is fine. I can get to Lancaster in 25 minutes or just about anywhere in the area in about half an hour.

bob

3. TenguJedi

TenguJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 29, 2002
    Weekends are good for me as well.

I like the Wookie mating call topic. :D

Actually at some point I'd like to have a costuming topic and prop meeting as well.

Also Em and I are going to Wizard World east on the 31st. Dave and Bob are you still both coming? Anyone else interested??

4. Asyr Handor

Asyr Handor Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 11, 1999
    I might have problems coming the weekend of the 18th, since this is graduation at Dickinson College...

5. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Asyr,

Are you graduating from Dickinson? My sis-in-law graduated from there back in '92. They were up for the reunion in October.

Well, I say we need to give what weekends are best for us and we will go for the one that meets the needs of as many of us as possible.

As for topics, I think we van have more than a couple at least started to be discussed at the first meeting. Again, let's make a list of topics and prioritize them and we will try our best to cover as many as we can during the first meeting and ones we don't will get higher priority at the next meeting. Remember we need three with 3 (minimum) in attendance to become official, so we will have more. I would like to try to be official before the summer is done. How about we shoot for one meeting in May and at least one in June? We can go to monthly meetings/activities after that.

6. TenguJedi

Jan 29, 2002
    Ok why don't we shoot for the 24th for our first meeting. Anyone with ideas where to meet please feel free to make suggestions.

7. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Actually, as it looks right now I will be out of town for the weekend of the 24th. I may see if we'd be back in time for one on Monday due to the holiday, but if not I guess that would leave Sunday the 1st.

8. TenguJedi

Jan 29, 2002
    Ok then we'll shoot for the first.

Now. Location..

9. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Um, it sounds like most will be coming from Lancaster or at least closest to Lancaster, so why don't we stick to that side of the river for this meeting. Are there any good places in or around Park City Mall that would provide room enough for several people and still give us some "privacy"?

10. TenguJedi

Jan 29, 2002
    Well it depends on what the group wants to do.. We could have a picnic at Long's Park if the weather is nice. Cool Beans Cafe in Manor Shopping center is never very crowded and is pretty nice, if the weather is crappy.

11. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    A couple of the places that we have chosen in the New Jersey FF for meeting places were:

Barnes & Noble
    T.G.I. Friday's
    And homes & apartments...

Plus we have chosen to go to a couple of stores for fun after the meetings....such as Toys R Us for collecting & B&N for books.

12. Asyr Handor

Oct 11, 1999
    The first sounds ok with me. I am not very sure about a place to meet since I will be very, very new to the Lancaster area at that time. As long as I have directions, I will be there. :D

13. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    OK, then I think we are tentatively set for June 1st for our first meeting.

How about we either the park if the weather is nice or TGIFriday's at Park City if it's rain/snow/typhoon weather? :D

The directions for them are relatively easy, if you come down 30 either east or west, just get off at the Harrisburg Pike exit and either head toward the mall for the restaurant or away from the mall for the park and it'll be on the left side of the road.

14. TenguJedi

Jan 29, 2002
    Ok that sounds like a plan to me.

Can we get a rough count of who's gonna make it to the first meeting?

15. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Well, I'm definite for it and I'll have my wife and daughter along for the ride. :D

16. TenguJedi

Jan 29, 2002
    Ok how about we meet at 11:00 am If the sun is shining @ Longs Park (I'll give anyone directions that need them.) or same time out front of TGI Friday's at Park City (same about directions)

17. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Um, pre-1 o'clock is not good for me. I was thinking something more like 1:30 or 2.

18. TenguJedi

Jan 29, 2002
    Ok then let's do a 2 o'clock meeting.

19. Asyr Handor

Oct 11, 1999
    Hey guys, I won't be able to come this weekend. :( I have to fly to SC to help my sister move to PA. I hope everyone has a great meeting though and definitely keep me in mind for the next one!

20. TenguJedi

Jan 29, 2002
    It's actually next weekend. June 1st.

21. TenguJedi

Jan 29, 2002
    Ok so who else is gonna make it to this meeting?

22. chld-dark

chld-dark Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2003
    We'll be attending, Michelle and I that is.

bob

23. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    OK, so it looks like we have at least 5 members showing up Sunday:

Rebel_Spook
    TenguJedi
    Decca_Nikye
    chld-dark AND
    LadyMischief

We have mentioned a few topics we want to discuss:

Publicity/Recruitment
    Activities
    Costuming & Props AND
    Um, Wookie Mating Calls... :D

Anything else?

As of right now, the Weather Channel is calling for cool and rainy on Sunday, so it looks like we'll be chased inside by the weather again.

24. TenguJedi

Jan 29, 2002
    Ok everyone let's meet at 2:00 outside TGI Friday's at Park City.

25. TenguJedi

Jan 29, 2002
    Good first meeting :) We'll get things off the ground and official in no time.

Rebel_Spook, Decca_Nikye, chld-dark and LadyMischief as well as myself made it to the meeting, we had a nice lunch and talked about where we'd like to see things go with this group. As well as recruitment, and a few other things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.