main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

First Round, Game 6: The Usual Suspects vs. The RICHARDSONS (FORMERLY TEAM 4)

Discussion in 'Archive: Forum Feud' started by DarthIntegral, Jul 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    I know, I keep stopping in for the entertainment and there's nothing.
    [face_plain]
    *crickets chirping*

2. mrjop2

mrjop2 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 6, 2007
    Come on, we can sweep the board! Let's keep the ball rolling!

EDIT: Come on Corran, you can do it! Keep us alive.

3. Onoto

Onoto Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 7, 2004
    This thread is reasonably entertaining, but it's like throwing 7 innings and giving up 2 runs after a no-hitter. Of course it looks lousy.

4. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    good job harps! come on corran! daddy likes his sig the way it is!

EDIT: the bad thing about posting from home was that I couldn't give my answer the way I had prepared it, for full, stylish effect:

[image=http://www.americanrhetoric.com/images/fieldofdreamsmann.JPG]

Ray, people will come, Ray. They'll come to Iowa for reasons they can't even fathom. They'll turn up your driveway, not knowing for sure why they're doing it. They'll arrive at your door as innocent as children, longing for the past. "Of course, we won't mind if you have a look around," you'll say. "It's only twenty dollars per person." They'll pass over the money without even thinking about it; for it is money they have and peace they lack.

And they'll walk out to the bleachers, and sit in shirt-sleeves on a perfect afternoon. They'll find they have reserved seats somewhere along one of the baselines, where they sat when they were children and cheered their heroes. And they'll watch the game, and it'll be as if they'd dipped themselves in magic waters. The memories will be so thick, they'll have to brush them away from their faces.

And besides, even a fat ******* like me can be good at baseball.
    People will come, Ray.

The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It's been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt, and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game, is a part of our past, Ray. It reminds us of all that once was good, and it could be again. Ohhhhhhhh, people will come, Ray. People will most definitely come.

5. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005

Yeppers.... I have to agree... this is the most boring game I've ever played in my entire life. :p

6. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    Yeah, seems like Inty is on a completely different time schedule than most of us, so we only manage to go one answer per day. This could take a while.

7. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    more boring than BB??

anyway, don't fear, i am back. let the thread ratings soar.

8. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005

Hi Baybay! [:D]

9. darth_frared

darth_frared Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 24, 2005
    so what happens now? have we got to come up with another good answer? and how is baseball even a good answer? i'm all puzzled now.

10. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    Baseball is a great answer. Keep in mind htat the people surveyed are Americans. Also keep in mind that baseball's ultimate icon, Babe Ruth, was, well, fat.

And also keep in mind that Tischfußball, or Foozball as Americans call it, is a game, not a sport.

And yes, we're still up. It's corran's turn. If he answers correctly, you'd be up again.

11. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    and he has, what, 4 hours left to pick?

12. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    Yup.

*runs around in a panic ... but in a less girly way than Everton*

13. darth_frared

darth_frared Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 24, 2005
    that's a bit scary... tischfussball is serious business, mr yankee sir, if you have ever seen absolute giganten, which i trust you have or will do immediately anyway.

i kinda figured that i wouldn't be very good figuring out what counts as american pastimes for fat people what with not being american in the first place and not having much to do with that great nation.

ahem.

i would not like to be up next because i don't know what to say!!!!!!!:eek: please spare me!!!!! :_| etc etc

frared out.

14. George_Roper

George_Roper Jedi Knight star 7

May 1, 2005
    Has everyone agreed to our side of the bet with yankee? Just to make sure, add yourself to the list below if you're in:

1. George_Roper

15. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005

If corran lets the time run out, I'm cracking skulls.

16. corran2

corran2 Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2006
    I'm going to say ping pong.

17. George_Roper

May 1, 2005
    Good answer!

18. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    That was mrjop's guess, which stunningly wasn't up there! Try again. Please![face_praying]

19. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I mean ... is it that much work to go through and see what your teammates have already guessed? This is the second time this has happened now ...

20. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    It'd be alot easier if we didn't have these Richardson's people spamming up the thread!:p

21. OBIWAN-JR

OBIWAN-JR Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 25, 2002
    [image=http://sharkride.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/world%20championship%20ping%20pong.jpg]

-JR :)

22. OBIWAN-JR

OBIWAN-JR Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 25, 2002
    [image=http://filmfanatic.org/reviews/wp-content/uploads/2006/09/PingPong.jpg]

-JR :)

23. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    This is the sort of entertainment I've been waiting for!

24. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    if someone repeats an answer, then surely that should count? it then provides a penalty for people who aren't following things closely enough.

25. George_Roper

May 1, 2005
    It should be a 2 hour time penalty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.