main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FIRST WEEKLY TASK

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother Guys' started by epic , Jul 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starwarsagent

starwarsagent Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    Guys posting from cellphone really hard to read finish by tonight later happy 4tg

2. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    Guys, here's my final submission, completely fleshed out. Change it if you like or post as is. I think this is a winner:

My idea, fleshed out:

Title: Two Among 300

Tagline: Before they fight the world, they fight their love

Genre: Romantic comedy

General plot line:

Prequel to 300:

Love story between Leonidas and his (future) queen, Gorgo (comedy gold in the name alone!). Gordo is inexplicably strong and independent. Leonidas is the local prince and everybody¡¦s favorite boy. They can¡¦t stand each other.

Gorgo has two really obnoxious sisters who love to tease her with really bad jokes. Gorgo is a tough girl, a tom boy, and very frumpy. All the girls hate her. Gorgo pulls pranks on them. Hilarity ensues.

Two Spartan boys try to play a major prank on Gorgo at the school dance. They dump cow¡¦s blood on her. Leonidas, who used to be her best friend, laughs at her. Gorgo loses it and (being inexplicably strong and independent), pulls out a can of whoop ass on the boys and kicks the snot out of them.

Leonidas falls for her.

Gorgo wants nothing to do with him¡Xhe¡¦s too full of himself and besides, all the other girls want him.

[Cut to scene with Leonidas holding a musician above his head while the musician plays a harp. Song: In your eyes. Gorgo isn¡¦t moved.]

Leonidas has to fight the wolf and he¡¦s scared. He sends Gorgo a note, asking her to meet him at [insert ¡§special place¡¨ here]. He waits all night [scene with him waiting and her vacillating about going]. She finally decides to show up, but she just misses him by seconds.

After his fight with the wolf, he comes back injured and she nurses him back to health. He finally opens up and shows her his soft, squishy center. She falls in love with him for no apparent reason. She¡¦s all happy and sappy. Goes off to make herself pretty for the big night when Leonidas is supposed to tell everybody who is gonna be his queen.

Right before the big announcement, Leonidas gets cornered by a senator. The senator blackmails by telling him that he has to marry the senator¡¦s daughter or [insert random, meaningless bad-thing here] will happen. Leonidas declares in front of everybody that he will marry this other chick and breaks Gorgo¡¦s heart. Gorgo runs off, crying and Leonidas decides he can¡¦t live without her.

[insert montage of previous scenes with Leonidas standing in one spot and Gorgo in another spot (backs to each other but they¡¦re really far apart). Fade in and out of them together, laughing and being friendly and in love and all that jazz]

We find out from the kindly old aunt that wants Leonidas to be happy but never says anything that Gorgo¡¦s gone into the woods. Leonidas is worried for her so he goes after her, braving [insert big bad monster in the woods here]. He saves her in the nick of time from some grizzly death. They kiss and make up.

Leonidas and Gorgo return to find that Sparta¡¦s taken over by [insert random, unreasonably evil 2D bad guy here]. They secretly gather together 300 scantily-clad and very buff Spartan soldiers (all shirtless, at a minimum) to their side. They fight off the less-sexy looking bad guys and win back the throne.

End with a kiss and the sun setting behind them.

[/quote]

Director Joint venture between James Cameron (Titanic) and Rob Reiner (When Harry Met Sally)

List of characters and accompanying movie stars

Leonidas--Johnny Depp
    [image=http://josemir.com/depp/1.jpg]
    (He can play young, and trust me, the ladies don¡¦t care how old he is)

Gorgo--Liv Tyler
    [image=http://www.vigay.com/misc/imgs/beauty/liv1.jpg]

Theron (Leonida's best friend who backstabs him every chance he gets)--Orlando Bloom
    [image=http://www.cinemablend.com/images/reviews/805/_11135350391.jpg]

Karina (Perfect aunt, wise and knowing with a mischievous side)--Meryl Streep
    [image=http://www.enigmaticparadox.com/images/StreepSept18.jpg]

Evil Senator Floe (who appears once a month to wreak havoc)--Jeremy Irons
    [image=http://www.starman-imag

3. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Best. Tagline. Ever.

4. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    remember the final submission must be in its own thread.

-BB

5. GIMER

GIMER Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 15, 2000
    If we are going for serious, then Everton's is the winner for me.
    Since the JCC is voting, I suggest we go with Souderwan's.

EDIT:epic, is there a certain time this is due by?

6. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    next 5 or 6 hours would be good.

-BB

7. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    someone make a decision i say!

-BB

8. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    If nobody objects in the next ten minutes I'm going to post Souderwan's effort as the official entry.

9. OBIWAN-JR

OBIWAN-JR Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 25, 2002
    I do not object.

-JR :)

10. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    To pass the time, I'll say that Carlos Tevez seems like an odd signing for Man Utd. Rooney and Tevez are very similar players. Also neither of them is exactly Peter Crouch. All signs point to Ferguson persisting with that idiotic 4-3-3 formation then...

11. Suzuki_Akira

Suzuki_Akira Jedi Master star 7

May 13, 2003
    4-5-1 FTW

12. OBIWAN-JR

Oct 25, 2002
    Indeed it does, my friend.

It's not a done deal yet though, is it...?

13. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    I don't think it is, but if it was grade 'A' baloney, I think United would've issued a denail by now.

14. OBIWAN-JR

Oct 25, 2002
    If they were going to denail, wouldn't they just use clippers, rather than trying to issue things?

15. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
  16. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    Big Brother thinks, legal issues notwithstanding, Tevez will be an excellent addition to the Manchester United forward line and structure. 4-4-2 is of the past. a out and out striker is not needed. Manchester United will be the new Barcelona i say.

thankyou.

-BB

17. OBIWAN-JR

Oct 25, 2002
    Dear BB,

Assuming all legalities are honoured, this would make them a very tasty outfit indeed.

The bastards.

Much love,

18. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    I can only assume BB is lazy.

19. GIMER

Nov 15, 2000
    Since we're VIPs he doesn't have to do anything.

20. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    *fixed

Edit: wierd. something creepy happened there.

21. GIMER

Nov 15, 2000
    I was going to suggest you change the word winner to winners since I was guessing 2 people were needed for whatever was under that ****.

22. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    srsly, when do we find out who won?

23. GIMER

Nov 15, 2000
    I thought they had until Monday to vote, but rereading the instructions, it's not very clear is it?

24. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    All that's clear is that something will happen on Monday--likely the discharging of a housemate. :(

25. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Assuming we won, we should all have colours now. Prize is supposed to expire on Monday, by my reading.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.