main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Football Manager 2007, Tactics, Transfers and Team Discussion

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by FatBurt, Jan 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    If you own and play this game then you are a good man*

If you own and don't play this game then you are a stupid man (or a woman)*

If you don't own and as a result don't play this game you need to GTHOTB.*

*These are all generalisations and are not meant to be indicative of anyone who does/doesn not play the game

Now on to the nitty gritty.

This is the thread for all your FM07 needs or ideas

If you know of an obscure but outstanding player from the beginning of the game who really should be purchased then post his details here.

You have a tactical set up that giving you wins over Chelsea with Nottingham Forest then post it here.

If you want to brag about your acchievements then this is the place for you.

If you have training tips that have turned your average squad into world beaters then we want to hear about it.

If you want to get involved in a network game (and know how to set it up) let us all know and we can arrange specific time each week for getting a match going.

2. GeneralGrievous1

GeneralGrievous1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 6, 2005
    I'm more of a Pro Evo man :p

A lot of my mates are addicted to footy manager though and once I get a laptop i've got a feeling I will start to get hooked on it too.

3. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    I dunno about on 2007, but in 2006 you could get this Yank called Eddie Johnson (not to be confused with a Man U player of the same name). His price varied depending on when you tried to buy him and with which team but he's worth it. At liverpool he's scored nearly 30 goals and it's only at Christmas. He's superb!

4. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    Still good in 2007 but not brilliant.

Middle of range Prem striker who will throw out an amazing season every 3 years.

He always seemed to score against me though :mad:

5. elbertino

elbertino Jedi Master star 3

Jun 2, 2006
    vincent enyeama GK
    nigerian. about 150K amazing.

6. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    I grabbed Emile Mpenza back from Qatar for ADO Den Haag, he's now the top scorer in the Eredivisie. I also grabbed Gill Swerts from Vitesse (I think) and Freddy Adu. I'm top of the Eredivisie with ADO. Can't be that bad.

Vincent Kompany is also quite good, according to my brother, who spends about 11 or 12 hours a day on the game... :p

7. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    Kompany is a great player in both 2006 and 07

8. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    Meja (Betis) - 7m
    Dani Alves (Sevilla) - 35m
    Adriano (Sevilla) - 8m

These are the players my brother has picked out :p

9. Jedi_Loon

Jedi_Loon Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 15, 2002
    That wouldn't be the Eddie Johnson that Rambles told you about would it? :p

I'll post a few gems after the Jan transfer patch comes out make sure they haven't been played around with too much. (except if your a Championship team, raid S****horpe - Billy Sharpe (Striking GOD), Keogh, Sparrow etc)

I usually play a 4-2-3-1 counter attacking with long ball away from home and 4-3-3 counter attacking at home which seems to work all the way up to the championship but in the premiership I just can't explain what I do because it'll change each match due to the top ai managers being clever little buggers.

My only tip I guess would be to trawl for some good free coaches at the start of the season and they'll work wonders with your players and it costs a bomb to pry coaches away from other teams.

So what set up do you guys play with? Full database? Other leagues? Start at the bottom or straight in at the top? I usually start in the conference and work my way up as far as the usually short sighted board will let me and then hope a club with potential will pick me up. Full database for me with Engalnd, Scotland, Ireland (good championship players here), Wales, France, Italy, Spain, Denmark, Sweden, Germany and Portugal.

This game runs like a dream.... The older versions have always needed a couple of patches and a next generation puter' to play with more than one league on in my experiance but this one....

Kompany always had odd stats in in the last one, amazing stats in odd places.

10. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    AAAAAARRGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!

Robin Gothberg, my star defender. He's been angling after a move away for 12 months now (under contract for another three years). I won the F.A Cup this season, and finished second in the Premiership, and Barca asked how much I'd want for him. I said £30million, thinking that'll put them off.

A fortnight later (this is the summer now) a bid comes in from Barca worth £32.8million (his value stands at £7mill). Now this is one of those 'worth' bids, which usually means paltry amount upfront followed by dribs and drabs of cash over two years of so. Bill Kenwright ACCEPTS THE OFFER because it's too good to turn down.

I now face the prospect of losing my star, but also not getting a fat wedge of cash to find a replacement.

:mad:

EDIT: And he went, stating how sad he was to be leaving. [face_plain]

11. orn-free-tada

orn-free-tada Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2001
    im a stupid man :(

12. Jedi_Loon

Oct 15, 2002
  13. TK_Four_Two_One

TK_Four_Two_One Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2002
    lol cuz he doesnt own the game! OR he could just be stating a fact we all knew about him anyway! :p

You lot of wannabe managers!! I'm still in the prime of me playing youff!!! Though ia hvent played Pro Evo in ages due to it getting disappointing and a bit of a rip-off as each release is not much better than before and they have the cheek to charge full price!

14. Jedi_Loon

Oct 15, 2002
    I get it! It was sad to hear about the injury that has left you but a shade of your former glory TK, how did you damage your wrist?

15. TK_Four_Two_One

TK_Four_Two_One Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2002
  16. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    good win last night with my spurs squad.

a young squad with an experienced spine beat the gunners for the first time in 12 games

we are currently 8 points clear after 12 games and last nights score was

arsenal 3

spurs 9

GET IN

17. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    For some reason I can never beat Arsenal in FM2006. Can beat everyone else but Arsenal are my bane, as it were. Bugger I says. I even bought Ronaldinho. Almost bankrupted me mind. I got this winger called Gasbarroni. Very good player that can swing a ball in. Might be worth giving him a look in 2007.

18. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Crikey, that really is an unrealistic game :p

19. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    you haven't seen the stats on my team

arse had 2 sent off as well

20. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    It's still inaccurate.

When I last played Football Manager I was playing Barcelona with Man United in the Champions League. I was 7-0 up at half time, and I was using the team that still had Keane and Van Nistlerooy in it.

That just wouldn't happen, unless Ronaldinho & Eto'o broke their legs in the warm up :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.