main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph For Justice, For Peace, For the Future- We Have Come Home: Babylon 5 (The Road Home animated film)

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Jan 3, 2006.

1. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006

Good Times

Rebel_Padawan and Juliet316 like this.
  2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
  3. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    I know I shouldn't, but I couldn't help but chuckle. Its utterly surreal. What next? The Box? Claudia?

4. CQuigley

CQuigley Guest

5. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    OH, no!! RIP, Sinclair!! @};-

And he was younger than me!! :_|

And the Emperor, too! RIP! @};-

6. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    O'Hare apparently participated in a Star Trek theme park interactive video attraction. So, yes, Sinclair has Captained the Enterprise, lol.

7. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Though not for any production purposes, Claudia posted this on her FB page:

I had a dream that someone made me try on the old uniform.....and 15 years later it fit....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rebel_Padawan and Juliet316 like this.
  8. Clone_Cmdr_Wedge

Clone_Cmdr_Wedge Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    Mind= blown... [face_hypnotized]
    That's got to have been one of the cheesiest, yet awesome things I've seen. Sinclair in command of the Enterprise...

9. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    How is that cheesey? Sinclair would probably make a great Starfleet officer.

EDIT: Ok, the video was SUPER cheesey, but Sinclair would make a good Starfleet officer.

10. Gilad bel Iblis

Gilad bel Iblis Jedi Youngling

Dec 1, 2012
    Seriously, who cares.

11. Brenapp

Brenapp Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 26, 2012
    I was very sad indeed to hear the news of Michael O'Hare's passing. :(

12. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I think that was his point: the video has both super cheesy content and awesome content via Sinclair.

13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    A little FB xmas gift from JMS:

I’ve mentioned before that I still hear the characters from Babylon 5 talking in my head at all hours, especially at night when I’m trying to sleep. I alluded to one of them at the last convention I attended. I generally scour them out of my head when they come because if I don’t, if I let them accumulate, pretty soon character A has something to say about what character B said and it starts going nonstop. But this one, despite being brief, was rather tenacious. What follows is the exchange in full.

Visualize, if you will, as I unwillingly did, Londo walking alongside Sheridan. Unsurprisingly, Londo is doing all the talking here.

“I’m afraid I have a slight problem with your concept of a ‘bulls-eye.’ I have investigated this matter at length and it is simply a series of concentric circles with a dot in the center. It looks nothing at all like a bull, or an eye, or an eye of a bull. Not even a bull that had too much to drink the night before, unless you know something about the genetics of these creatures that I failed to discover in my research. Insofar as I can determine, a ‘bulls eye’ is nothing more than a big stiff piece of wood with a target on its front. Which brings me at last to YOU, Captain Sheridan....”

[face_laugh]

14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    In some sad news, Peter David (who wrote several B5 novels) suffered a stroke a couple days ago but is thankfully recovering. Here's hoping for at least a partial recovery.

15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    A new B5 Books release has been made available: They're calling it Volume 2.5 for the Scripts of JMS series. It features the original version of Points of Departure (thought to be lost in a hard drive crash 13 years ago) which was actually filmed before "secret" reshoots led to the version we know. The book will be accompanied by an audio-photo DVD recreation of the script from a VHS copy of that original shoot (they can't release the VHS tape in it's entirety, apparently).

The book will be rounded out with JMS's outlines for the Legions of Fire and Techno-Mage trilogies, with notes showing what was form JMS and what was from the authors (as well as including some notes relevant to Crusade's then-upcoming storylines).

16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Looks like, after 8 years, B5 Books will be closing up shop in the coming months. All that will be left in the remaining content of the Crusade: What the Hell Happened? series (which they have an announcement forthcoming on). They are also going to do a special one-week-only release of something-yet-to-be-revealed in April for B5's 20th anniversary. They also hint at a "last word on B5" following the anniversary release before they close up shop.

In May, they'll cease production of the Echoes of Our Conversations series as well

It's been a great series to collect (albeit a pricey one, given the collected volumes probably cost close to a grand combined over the years) and a fantastic, definitive BTS look at B5's development. Another chapter in B5's history coming to a close (well, at least once that Crusade series finally finishes).

17. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    We can only hope that when Joe's Comics starts back up later this year that some aspect of the B5 universe will be expanded upon in comic form...

18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, otherwise the closest we'll have is Claudia Christian's fanfiction.

19. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Some new facet of history comes to life, as highlighted on JMS's FB page:

"Well, isn't this interesting: in the comments section of an article located on io9 at http://io9.com/5985727/the-strange-secret-evolution-of-babylon-5 , a guy named Steven Hopstaken, who can be confirmed as having worked for WB TV, wrote the following:

"I was working at Warner Bros. in the publicity department when Warner Bros. and Paramount were preparing to launch a joint network. Warner Bros. already decided to buy Babylon 5 for their adhoc PTEN network (a group of independent stations that agreed to show Warner Bros. shows in prime time.)

Paramount and Warner Bros. both agreed that Deepspace 9 would be the show that would launch the new network and there wouldn't be room for two "space" shows on the network. I was told they purposely took what they liked from the B5 script and put it in the DS9 script. In fact, there was talk of leaving the B5 script in tact and just setting it the Star Trek universe. I had to keep rewriting press release... drafts while they were trying to make the final decision.

But then, suddenly, Paramount decided to launch a new network on their own and screwed Warner Bros. over. That sent Warner Bros. scrambling to create their own network; grabbing up any station not already committed to Paramount and getting WGN to show the WB network on cable."

Fascinating..."

20. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Interesting indeed.

Thing is though, there's only one man that can probably ever really tell us for sure whether or not anything from DS9 was lifted directly from B5, and I doubt Rick Berman ever says anything at all.

21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yesterday was the 20th anniversary of The Gathering and the start of the series that changed TV forever. Here's to 20 more!

Juliet316 likes this.
  22. Clone_Cmdr_Wedge

Clone_Cmdr_Wedge Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    Man, it's been 20 years? Now I'm starting to feel old, and I'm only 26...

Well, I suppose it's been 19 years for me, as I only started watching sometime during the first season. I distinctly remember having a videotape recording of both parts of A Voice in the Wilderness that I asked my dad to record for me. I could have sworn I saw one or two other season 1 episodes as well, but I'm not sure. I would have only been like 5 or 6 at the time. I think I might've seen a few episodes around the seasons 3-4, but I only remember watching it regularly after TNT started running it. First episode I saw on there was Infection, I believe.

I'm suddenly getting the urge to sit down and re-watch the entire series now. :p

23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I only saw a couple S1 episodes as a kid when they first aired- I know I saw at least part of Babylon Squared at the very least. Didnt watch any others until the SFC widescreen airings.

24. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Some very cool news: Volumes 2-4 of "What the Hell Happened?" are finally closer to release, with Vol 2 hitting after the B5Books relaunch.

As an apology for the massive delay, JMS is having his two unproduced Crusade scripts (To the Ends of the Earth and The End of the Line) turned into audio dramas (with some "familiar" voices) which will be included for free with Volumes 3 & 4 (one with each vol).

So, that's pretty damn sweet.

(Naturally ill be creating a photo play to track the audio to for my own use, hehe)

Only down news is that the B5 anniversary surprise has been pushed back from Apr til June.

Juliet316 likes this.
  25. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    'liked' for most of the news except the pushback on the anniversary surprise. That stinks.