main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vancouver For those of you hoping for a digital Episode 3

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Khuris, May 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Khuris

Khuris Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2005
    I just talked to someone at the Riverport Silvercity and I have bad news to report for those of you that were hoping to see ROTS the way it was meant to be seen. Apparently, a little while back some genius figured it wasn't worth having a DLP projector in their theatre and they, quote, "got rid of it." I mean WHAT!?!?!?!

It was the only DLP in Western Canada. Actually, I think it was the only one in Northwest America too. I think the closest one now is actually the ones in California.

This is a huge disappointment for me. I don't know about anyone else out there. I mean I saw Episode 2 in there and it was amazing. I can't believe they would do this and just before Episode 3.

2. TheForgottenJedi

TheForgottenJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2004
    Really? Dont the Silvercity's in Langley and Misson have digital?

3. _5_1_5_0_

_5_1_5_0_ Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2001
    I dont think the one in Langley does??? Cant member though...

4. Khuris

Khuris Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2005
    No if you check out www.dlp.com it lists all the theatres that currently have DLP projectors installed. Riverport use to be there, but now it's gone. There were no other theatres and still are no others in Western Canada.

I'm still disappointed but I think I'll survive. I'm looking forward to the midnight screen here at Strawberry Hill. And if you make it out to the Silvercity at Guildford during the 3rd or 4th week of Episode 3's run, you might be able to catch the film, on film, on one of the small THX theatres at the back of the movie house. It's so bright, crisp and sharp watching a film there.

Any ways....

5. Vad3r

Vad3r Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 29, 2004
    Yeah..tried to get advance tickets for a digital showing and heard about this. Now I'll be seeing it at Silvercity Guildford, opening night, hoping that the film isn't degraded beyond compare.

6. darkmakr

darkmakr Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2005
    Yeah. my girlfriend used to be projectionist at Riverport, and they shiped it out about a year ago. that was the only one in western canada.

7. _5_1_5_0_

_5_1_5_0_ Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2001
    Generally wont the 1st couple views of the regular movie-reel be just as good... sorry Im not in the downlo with tech stuff.... so :D

8. darkmakr

darkmakr Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2005
    it depends upon if Lucas does the same thing he did at the end of AOTC. in the film version, anakin doesn't lift his mechanical hand to padme's face at the end, in the digital version he does.

9. Ness

Ness Jedi Youngling

Feb 13, 2004
    it's kinda sad that the TV-spots are better looking than what i watched on the big screen

10. djj_rome

djj_rome Jedi Youngling

Apr 27, 2005
    I just came back from a business Trip to San Fran and just up the road from my hotel was the Silvercity like theatre, so I checked it out only to find they had Episode 3 in digital. So I got my ticket and watched it. AMAZING Picture Quality!!!!

This was truly the way to see Episode 3 everything was so sharp and clean. The effects are so much more amazing when you see them on a huge digital picture screen.

If anyone has the chance to see it in Digital go for it you will not look at Episode 3 the same.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.